Author Topic: Carcassonne South Seas Prototype Tiles: Charity Auction  (Read 5726 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Carcassonne South Seas Prototype Tiles: Charity Auction
« on: June 22, 2016, 01:03:53 PM »
As those of us with dual-citizenship of both CarcC and CarcF will probably already have noticed, three of the original prototype tiles for Carcassonne: South Seas were recently auctioned at CarcF with the proceeds going to a good cause (German website). Now it’s our turn with three more tiles! As far as I’m aware these are the original, hand-drawn tiles that were used to play-test South Seas before it went into production and so are very special indeed. A true collector’s items for the Carcassonne fan(atic) who has everything. 8) :(y)

Each of the three tiles up for grabs is presented in a signed mount, numbered and framed as can be seen in the photos below. The numbers we’ve been given are 14 (the ccff with banana and fishing boat), 16 (the crrr with fishing boat/ maybe a fish) and 18 (the frfr with fishing boat and double-fish):

So how might you get your hands on one (or all) of these? Well, we’re going to hold a "silent auction" for each of these unique pieces of history. This means that there will be no public bidding, but bidding via PM (to me) instead. There are no restrictions on how many tiles you may bid on so you can bid for all three if you like, but please note that bids of less than 25 Euros (we’ll be bidding in Euros) will not be accepted as this is the minimum any of them can go for...

How will the auction work?

1. The auction will run for 1 week and there will be a daily update to say what the winning bid is (but not who placed it) for each tile at the time of the update.

2. Bids should be sent via PM to me (danisthirty) and must include a tile number and your bid for that tile. Please stick to one tile per bid; if you wish to bid on more than one tile do so by sending more than one message/ bid.

3. The minimum bid for any individual tile is 25 Euros. Please bid in whole Euros only (no trying to outbid each other by 0.01 Euros e.g. 25.01) >:(

4. You will be expected to honour your bids regardless of what the second-highest bid may have been. So if you bid 100 Euros for a tile that nobody else has bid more than 30 Euros for, you will be expected to pay 100 Euros rather than 31 (this isn't eBay). :o

5. At the end of the week, the person who has placed the highest bid for each of the three tiles will win that tile. I will then confirm contact details with the winners before sending them on to Udo Schmitz of Carcassonne on Tour to arrange payment and postage.

6. If two or more people win the same tile with the same bid amount, all tied bidders will have the chance to place one last bid after the auction has otherwise finished. The highest bidder will win the tile. :D

7. Postage will be charged in addition to your bid amount and will be determined by where you live and how much it costs to send it to you. I can't say for sure, but this shouldn't be more than a few Euros.

8. The auctioneers word will be final! C:-)

The auction will commence at 10pm today (UK time) - 22nd June 2016 22:00 - so I will not accept any bids made before then. It will continue for one week and so will end on the 29th June 2016 22:00. No bids received after this time will be accepted either. I will aim to post my daily updates on this thread at around 10pm each day so that everyone knows what the highest bid is for each tile.

This post has been locked to prevent anyone from bidding here by mistake. If anything isn't clear about the bidding process though, do please contact me via PM and I will be happy to respond directly. And please remember that this is a charity auction for a good cause so please don't enter into it if your sole intention is to attempt to sell your tile on for a profit. :@ :(n)

Good luck everyone! :(y)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2800.0
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 03:45:35 PM by danisthirty »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne South Seas Prototype Tiles: Charity Auction
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 02:01:04 PM »
Day 1 update! :(y)

Tile #14: 35 Euro
Tile #16: 30 Euro
Tile #18: 30 Euro

Keep the bids rolling in guys... :)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 02:43:56 PM »
Day 2 update! :(y)

Tile #16: 30 Euro

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 02:17:17 PM »
Day 3 update! :(y)

Tile #16: 32 Euro

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 05:41:26 AM »
Sorry! I meant to post this at 10pm last night but ran into problems. Still, better late than never I hope:

Day 4 update! :(y)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 02:41:18 PM »
Day 5 update! :(y)

2 days left to go...

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 03:11:30 AM »
It all ends at 10pm tonight. Bid now to avoid disappointment!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 02:21:38 PM »
The auction is now over (and I didn't even get to bang a gavel). Thanks very much to everyone who took part!

Here are the winning bids:

Tile #14: 52 Euro by Decar :(y)
Tile #16: 50 Euro by JT Atomico :(y)
Tile #18: 50 Euro by JT Atomico :(y)

Sorry to everyone who missed out but there is still hope as further tiles are likely to be appearing on eBay and some may also be given away at Essen. So, keep your eyes peeled!

Decar and JT Atomico I will send your contact details to Udo and request that he contacts you directly to arrange postage and payment.

Dan

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Charity Auction

Started by Rosco

137 Replies
Last post October 07, 2020, 11:18:51 AM
by Rosco
xx
CHarity Raffle/Auction

Started by Rosco

4 Replies
Last post December 05, 2019, 08:33:43 AM