Author Topic: Catching up - What I "need".  (Read 31998 times)

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
Re: Catching up - What I "need".
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2013, 08:27:18 AM »
The fan-expansions are here at CarcC in the download section.

Offline harvster

• Vassal
  • Merit: 2
  • Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2013, 09:03:14 AM »
Thanks kettlefish.  By the time I got to the fan expansions I was thinking of all the things I'd like to have (and not necessarily what I could buy, like more people to play with!).  :-)

Offline Amorpheus

• Authors
  • Duke
  • Merit: 4
  • Hoping this registration sticks :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2013, 01:47:04 PM »
I'm not sure if you need 'tunnel' but it is no longer available.

Hmm, I shouldn't have waited so long to try to get Der Tunnel.  Anyone know a reasonable source?

I'll probably purchase The School and The Gingerbread Man from cundco.de, The Plague and Little Houses from Spielbox, which will just leave the harder to find Tunnel , La Porxada and Corn Circles I for me to consider my collection to be complete.

Oh, and I also want to get my hands on a physical copy of Winter Edition.  That one is tough to get here in the US, but I should probably get that since I plan on purchasing The Gingerbread Man :D.

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2013, 03:12:30 PM »
Z-Man is releasing the Winter Edition and Gingerbread Man in a few months.

Offline evmillan

• Duke
  • Merit: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2013, 04:14:53 PM »

Hmm, I shouldn't have waited so long to try to get Der Tunnel.  Anyone know a reasonable source?

I'll probably purchase The School and The Gingerbread Man from cundco.de, The Plague and Little Houses from Spielbox, which will just leave the harder to find Tunnel , La Porxada and Corn Circles I for me to consider my collection to be complete.

You can get Der Tunnel and Corn Circles I from Germany at ebay.de by 20 Euros each one + 3 or 4 Euros for shipping

Oh, and I also want to get my hands on a physical copy of Winter Edition.  That one is tough to get here in the US, but I should probably get that since I plan on purchasing The Gingerbread Man :D.

I bought recently Carcassonne Winter Edition and The Phantom (Das Gefolge) at amazon.de by 20 Euros and Free Shipping

Offline meepleater

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2013, 05:51:13 PM »

I know the feeling... I'm still kicking myself over how cheaply I could have bought Corn circles from Cundco. I've been searching ebay for a couple of months and the cheapest I could find was AU$140.

There are a couple of copies of the tunnel on there (I think one was about $60), and ebay.de had an auction going on one for about 14 euros.

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2013, 05:52:17 PM »
Well, I just order the little buildings from Spielbox.  I got the Wind Roses yesterday and the day before I received the School and some of the meeples in new colors that I didn't have.  I wish they made them in white.  I know Meeple Source has them, but not with the newest meeples. 

I decided to give up on Crop Circles 1 and The Plague.  I actually used to own the Plague, but I traded it to a friend for some stuff for another game.  I couldn't really see myself being intersted to play it much and I'm not really sad about not having it.  As much as I'd like to have Crop Circles 1, and would probably get it if it becomes more readily available, I'm not too sad about not having it either as I think you'd have to play mega carc with 200+ tiles not to get sick of them.  I also don't have Kathers, but I gave up on that a long time ago and I have Siege, so I'm not too worried about it.

I guess I'm not a pure completionist, but I'm content with what I have. 
Flee the fleas.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2013, 06:07:01 AM »
I've had a lot of success getting things from ebay.de. Most of the interesting listings say they won't post to the UK but if you contact the seller and ask them if they'll reconsider they almost always say they will (for a small fee of about 4 euros). Not sure if it would be the same for US but it's probably worth a try if you're keen. And as a consequence, you'll usually get it for a good price because fewer people are bidding on it too!

@CKorfmann - I have an extra copy of The Plague which is still in its original wrapping. I'd be happy to part with it if I knew it was going to such a good home! Feel free to message me if you'd like me to send it to you...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 09:02:05 AM by danisthirty, Reason: original message was truncated »

Offline AlbinoAsian

• Count
  • Merit: 19
  • Living like a meeple
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2013, 08:51:25 AM »
I'd be interested in printing off my own siege / cathar pieces... but is that frowned upon?

Offline Amorpheus

• Authors
  • Duke
  • Merit: 4
  • Hoping this registration sticks :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2013, 09:59:19 AM »
Thank you to Scott, evmillan, meepleater, and danisthirty for the ideas.  I'm like CKorfmann in that I'm not a pure completionist, but having received the Wind Roses put me back into a partial completionist mode, although that makes no sense.

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2013, 10:01:13 AM »
I'd be interested in printing off my own siege / cathar pieces... but is that frowned upon?

Joff made a set of tiles called Cathar Siege.  He put the katharer symbol on the siege tiles.  I think they should be in the downloads somewhere if you want to check them out.

@CKorfmann - I have an extra copy of The Plague which is still in its original wrapping. I'd be happy to part with it if I knew it was going to such a good home! Feel free to message me if you'd like me to send it to you...

Sounds like you've made me an offer I can't refuse.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2013, 10:09:41 AM »
At the homepage from HiG you can find following:

Corn Circles I
http://www.hans-im-glueck.de/carcassonne/mini-erweiterungen/die-kornkreise/

Tunnel
http://www.hans-im-glueck.de/carcassonne/mini-erweiterungen/carcassonne-der-tunnel/

(That are really not the best graphics, but if you like to print and play with it...)

Offline AlbinoAsian

• Count
  • Living like a meeple
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2013, 11:40:56 AM »
Joff made a set of tiles called Cathar Siege.  He put the katharer symbol on the siege tiles.  I think they should be in the downloads somewhere if you want to check them out.

Thanks I might consider printing them out.

Offline AlbinoAsian

• Count
  • Living like a meeple
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2013, 11:42:05 AM »
At the homepage from HiG you can find following:

Corn Circles I
http://www.hans-im-glueck.de/carcassonne/mini-erweiterungen/die-kornkreise/

Tunnel
http://www.hans-im-glueck.de/carcassonne/mini-erweiterungen/carcassonne-der-tunnel/

(That are really not the best graphics, but if you like to print and play with it...)

Thanks for the links

I think the tunnels look fine, the corn circles would need a bit of work.

Offline evmillan

• Duke
  • Merit: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2013, 04:27:50 PM »
I am looking for a copy of "The Kids of Carcassonne", anybody have a suggestion where can find the game with a reasonable price?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
A copy of "Die Belagerer" for either "Die Katharer" or "Die Kornkreise I"

Started by Hylian87

3 Replies
Last post September 11, 2013, 03:04:52 PM
by Hylian87
xx
Info: CundCo now catching up on problems with Advent sale

Started by Challa007

7 Replies
Last post January 29, 2022, 08:18:14 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Need help deciding which "The River " to buy.

Started by totec55

80 Replies
Last post August 30, 2021, 04:38:24 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
RGG "Princess" rule change a case of wrong trsl. or established for "retheming"

Started by Hounk

0 Replies
Last post July 09, 2015, 01:30:40 AM
by Hounk
xx
Carcassonne Collection Overview (*.doc-file) Need Help for Translation