Author Topic: Catching up - What I "need".  (Read 30754 times)

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
Catching up - What I "need".
« on: July 23, 2013, 11:12:22 AM »
So I would be really intersted, now that I'm hanging on to my collection, to bring it up to date.  I am in need of Windrose (I think I'm getting one of the leftovers), The School (which I believe is still available at Cundco), The Little Houses, The Plague (I traded it) and the original Kornkreise which I'm sure is very difficult to get at this point.  I had been hoping for the release of the Plague, Tunnels, and Corn Circles expansion, but I see that's not happening.  Anyone have any extras of these lying around?  If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=338.0
Flee the fleas.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
Re: Catching up - What I "need".
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 11:22:57 AM »
So I would be really intersted, now that I'm hanging on to my collection, to bring it up to date.  I am in need of Windrose (I think I'm getting one of the leftovers), The School (which I believe is still available at Cundco), The Little Houses, The Plague (I traded it) and the original Kornkreise which I'm sure is very difficult to get at this point.  I had been hoping for the release of the Plague, Tunnels, and Corn Circles expansion, but I see that's not happening.  Anyone have any extras of these lying around?  If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.
- The little houses - Spielbox - perhaps they have some in their shop.
- The School - CundCo and in a short time also the shop at z-man games.

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 12:37:34 PM »
Spielbox expansions might still be available through Spielbox.

Offline JT Atomico

• Marquis
  • Merit: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 12:55:47 PM »
Yes, as Scott says The Plague and Little Buildings are both available in their magazines from Spielbox.

Cundco for The School, but the others are harder to come by.

As you can see from the prices on BGG marketplace, Die Kornkreise is starting to rival Die Katharer for rarity! I picked up a copy from German eBay for 20 euros a few months ago, so you can find it at not-totally-insane prices if you are willing to be patient and check often.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 12:57:24 PM by JT Atomico »

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 02:13:48 PM »
Sorry, I don't have extras - but the links mentioned in the prior posts are good sources. I've bought all the Spielbox mags to get my copies - and The School from Cundco.
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline meepleater

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 07:22:50 PM »
I'm in the same boat re. the original corn circles- I'm kicking myself for not getting them when they were available at cundco. Little buildings I'll probably buy eventually from spielbox, other than that I just need the festival (I'm hoping the carcassonne shoppe gets some at stock at some point in the future).

Offline JT Atomico

• Marquis
  • Merit: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 12:04:43 AM »
Meepleater, the cheapest way that I have found to get The Festival is to buy the German version of the Anniversary edition. You can get a used copy from Amazon.de for 7.95 euros (+ shipping).
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 12:06:29 AM by JT Atomico »

Offline meepleater

• Authors
  • Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 01:13:53 AM »
Meepleater, the cheapest way that I have found to get The Festival is to buy the German version of the Anniversary edition. You can get a used copy from Amazon.de for 7.95 euros (+ shipping).

The (+ shipping) is the catch- shipping to Australia is nearly double the cost of the game, which is why just getting the festival tiles, though more difficult, would be much cheaper. If I can't end up finding it anywhere else I might get it from amazon like you suggest or ebay.

Offline Andrew the Ambo

• Count
  • Merit: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 01:47:11 AM »
I have found Spielbox not too bad. Get in before they go though. (I live just over the ditch so postage should be about the same. Same with The School from Cundco.
For The Festival tiles, go to http://hoardobits.com. The price was better than anything else I could find. Can someone confirm though if the tile backs of the 10th anniversaty set are a lighter shade of grey? I also got some blank tiles too.
I was lucky and got the Corn Circles off BGG a few months ago at a good price, and even better got what I believe was the last retail priced copy of Cult, Seige and Creativity on the interweb about a year ago.
That just leaves The Cathers (I know I have the seige, but they are different and I want the lot. I also got into the Carcassonne Expansions just after Spielbox had reprinted the tiles and were already sold out), La Porxada and Windroses to collect. I am looking forward to Cundco selling The Windroses later in the year, but think the others may be out of reach.

Offline meepleater

• Authors
  • Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 02:13:56 AM »
For The Festival tiles, go to http://hoardobits.com. The price was better than anything else I could find.

Wow thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. :) Ordered.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 02:20:55 AM by meepleater »

Offline Andrew the Ambo

• Count
  • Merit: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 02:20:22 AM »
Your welcome. The link was mentioned on BGG. I do note that the backs are slightly lighter. Not sure if that is something to do with the printers changing for the 10th anniversary sets or what. The stock is showing a11 sets and has been for the post week.

Offline meepleater

• Authors
  • Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 02:23:54 AM »
Well now there are 10 sets. :)

I'll probably wait a while for little buildings (have to ration spendings), then that will just leave corn circles 1 (I made my own La Porxada).

Offline AlbinoAsian

• Count
  • Merit: 19
  • Living like a meeple
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 03:50:58 AM »
My brother's favorite game chain in Norway had "the House". He didn't realise how hard it was to find otherwise he would have picked up a few more copies. In the next week he will call them up and see if they have any left. I'll report back soon

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 07:49:52 AM »
Wow, I searched for Carcassonne on Hoardobits and a lot of stuff came up.

Offline AlbinoAsian

• Count
  • Merit: 19
  • Living like a meeple
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 07:55:58 AM »
Wow, I searched for Carcassonne on Hoardobits and a lot of stuff came up.

It's impressive isn't it!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
A copy of "Die Belagerer" for either "Die Katharer" or "Die Kornkreise I"

Started by Hylian87

3 Replies
Last post September 11, 2013, 03:04:52 PM
by Hylian87
xx
Info: CundCo now catching up on problems with Advent sale

Started by Challa007

7 Replies
Last post January 29, 2022, 08:18:14 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Need help deciding which "The River " to buy.

Started by totec55

80 Replies
Last post August 30, 2021, 04:38:24 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
RGG "Princess" rule change a case of wrong trsl. or established for "retheming"

Started by Hounk

0 Replies
Last post July 09, 2015, 01:30:40 AM
by Hounk
xx
Need friends on iOS