Author Topic: WTB: Russian mini expansions  (Read 4854 times)

Offline Miso

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
WTB: Russian mini expansions
« on: April 05, 2018, 01:22:26 PM »
Is there anyone aware of the option to buy those expansions at decent price over the web? Or maybe in Russian shops?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3912.0
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 05:26:27 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Thread name changed »

Offline Push

• Freeman
  • Merit: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Russian mini expansions
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 03:41:58 AM »
I have just sold a copy of Russian promo tiles mentioned in this post - http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3732.msg56587#msg56587.
But I can sell you another copy of these tiles (with promo coaster as a gift) at price of this auction.
Many people who have bought this expansion from me think that the price is quite decent. So do I because it is impossible to buy the 4-tiles (and 2-tiles) expansion in Russian shops. 4-tiles expansion is released in a very limited edition for players of Russian national Carcassonne championship and have never sold. Other people think differently about the price.

Is there anyone aware of the option to buy those expansions at decent price over the web? Or maybe in Russian shops?

Offline Miso

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 05:26:37 AM »
Thanks for the offer but I am not that prone to spend that amount.
I like to get this kind of expansions but only when I get them at regular price. I am not a collector.
Thanks anyway.
Valerio

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 04:32:24 AM »
...because it is impossible to buy the 4-tiles (and 2-tiles) expansion in Russian shops. 4-tiles expansion is released in a very limited edition for players of Russian national Carcassonne championship and have never sold. Other people think differently about the price.

I think this is why most Carcassonne collectors I know don't consider the Russian tiles to be worth that sort of money as they're not officially recognised expansions. The first 2 were eventually released commercially (at a fair price) to people who weren't at the Russian championships, and I would expect them to (eventually) do the same with the second 2. The sooner they do this the better! C:-)

Offline Valheru

• Marquis
  • Merit: 19
  • More tiles, less rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 08:44:51 AM »
...because it is impossible to buy the 4-tiles (and 2-tiles) expansion in Russian shops. 4-tiles expansion is released in a very limited edition for players of Russian national Carcassonne championship and have never sold. Other people think differently about the price.

I think this is why most Carcassonne collectors I know don't consider the Russian tiles to be worth that sort of money as they're not officially recognised expansions. The first 2 were eventually released commercially (at a fair price) to people who weren't at the Russian championships, and I would expect them to (eventually) do the same with the second 2. The sooner they do this the better! C:-)
But they're so pretty :(
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming..."

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 10:36:22 AM »
Not that pretty!
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 01:58:11 PM »

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 02:02:14 PM »
Wolnic's stone circle tile with the chalk meeple carved into the hillside.  The mist is rising off the plain......I could go on!

Offline Yashin-n

• Vassal
  • Merit: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 11:13:07 PM »
Dan, I cannot fully agree with you on the status of Russian promos. The fact is that they are fully compatible with the Russian version of the game and issued by the official dealer and region publisher of the game (HobbyWorld) in agreement with HiG. The dealer has a full right to distribute them in Russia and in the countries of the former USSR (sell or give to participants of  some events, it does not matter). Therefore, both versions of Russian promos are  official (with restriction on sale outside the above region), as well as all other versions (expansions and theirs combinations) of the game released in Russia. It's sad that HW doesn't sell the 2nd edition of the miniexp (included 4 tiles), which leads to high prices for it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 11:29:09 PM by Yashin-n »

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 05:29:16 AM »
The dealer has a full right to distribute them in Russia and in the countries of the former USSR
That seems like a very specific area of distribution, given the Republic no longer exists.
I wonder if a British Publisher has rights to tell to any former provinces of the Empire.

Offline Yashin-n

• Vassal
  • Merit: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 10:49:03 AM »
The dealer has a full right to distribute them in Russia and in the countries of the former USSR
That seems like a very specific area of distribution, given the Republic no longer exists.
I wonder if a British Publisher has rights to tell to any former provinces of the Empire.
It is very strange opinion in modern geography to name 15 souveren countries as  "Republic no longer exists".
HobbyWorld  is the biggest publisher of board game in the region (this is the reason why HW almost does not produce small expansions - only sets of several expansions - for board games; and a lot of   Russian CAR gamers and fans realy hate HW for K-letters on the back of the tiles but HW position remains unwavering for about 15 years - we publish licensed but only  localized versions of the game). No wonder  that it is easier for HiG to (cave in and) transfer their rights to a regional dealer/publisher than to enter a new and not quite understandable market. The same situation would apply to Chinese or Indian markets.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 11:05:45 AM by Yashin-n »

Offline asp204

• Vassal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2018, 04:02:07 AM »
It would be nice to get the Russian expansions at a decent price, for sure. I would really like to add them to my collection. :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
{Closed} [WTS] 2 Russian Promo tiles with the new Russian bag-counter

Started by Push

0 Replies
Last post July 25, 2018, 01:45:24 PM
by Push
xx
WTB: ISO Big box and mini expansions

Started by CovertOps

8 Replies
Last post August 11, 2016, 08:19:22 PM