Author Topic: National Carcassonne Championships in 2017  (Read 39615 times)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
Re: National Carcassonne Championships in 2017
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2017, 03:25:48 AM »
Added Portugal! Thanks to Rodolfo from Devir in Portugal!  :(y)

Thanks for finding this out Jéré. Unfortunately I will miss it as I'll be in Spain that day.

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2017, 03:34:02 AM »

Thanks for finding this out Jéré. Unfortunately I will miss it as I'll be in Spain that day.

Pity! Hopefully Chooselife will manage to go again this year and let us know how it was.

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2017, 06:44:26 AM »

Thanks Jéré, I was waiting their feedback to my messages and no official FB post was done, that I noticed.

Now, it will be quite difficult for me to go, I'm arriving late evening on the 3rd, after five days in Moldova with my football team, we'll only play one match so the rest will be partying.

If my wife doesn't have the divorce papers at the airport arrivals, she will sure get them if I ask her leave to spend the very next on the Carcassonne Championship.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D O0

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
National Carcassonne Championships in 2017
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2017, 07:05:13 AM »
Haha merde...  I understand...

This year the Dutch and Belgian championships were the same weekend but different days, and only one day was approved... "too much Carcassonne" she said.  ;D

Enjoy Moldova! Apparently the wine is not bad over there.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 12:44:48 PM by Jéré, Reason: language »

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2017, 08:47:48 AM »
I'm not able to make the UK Championships AGAIN this year.  I have a friend coming from America, so won't be attending.

I will be able to attend the Expo on Friday, so will be planning on traveling up to the event in the morning.  Not sure if anyone else will be there, but might be nice to catch up, if you are.  I've not got any plans for the day, so will be wandering around and checking the flea-market.

Offline pointgiven

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2017, 12:38:01 PM »
2017 Canadian National Championship:

Ontario Regional Qualifier #1: https://events.snakesandlattes.com/event/carcassonne-2017-qualifier-1/
Ontario Regional Qualifier #2: https://events.snakesandlattes.com/event/carcassonne-2017-qualifier-2/
National Championship: https://events.snakesandlattes.com/event/carcassonne-finals-2017/

Standard Tournament Rules: https://www.snakesandlattes.com/uploads/CarcassonneRules2017.pdf

The two top players from each Snakes & Lattes Regional Qualifier will be provided admission to the Finals, held at Snakes & Lattes College on August 27.

Attendance for the qualifiers is limited to 16 participants.

Regional Qualifiers across Canada will determine participation in the National Finals of the tournament, held at Snakes & Lattes College on August 27. The winner of the National Championship will represent Canada at the World Championship in Essen, Germany. Asmodee Canada will provide airfare, hotel arrangements, and a convention badge for the participant.

(Sorry, I can't find any information for Regional Qualifiers outside of Toronto, Ontario).

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2017, 09:02:24 AM »
2017 Canadian National Championship:

Ontario Regional Qualifier #1: https://events.snakesandlattes.com/event/carcassonne-2017-qualifier-1/
Ontario Regional Qualifier #2: https://events.snakesandlattes.com/event/carcassonne-2017-qualifier-2/
National Championship: https://events.snakesandlattes.com/event/carcassonne-finals-2017/

Standard Tournament Rules: https://www.snakesandlattes.com/uploads/CarcassonneRules2017.pdf

The two top players from each Snakes & Lattes Regional Qualifier will be provided admission to the Finals, held at Snakes & Lattes College on August 27.

Attendance for the qualifiers is limited to 16 participants.

Regional Qualifiers across Canada will determine participation in the National Finals of the tournament, held at Snakes & Lattes College on August 27. The winner of the National Championship will represent Canada at the World Championship in Essen, Germany. Asmodee Canada will provide airfare, hotel arrangements, and a convention badge for the participant.

(Sorry, I can't find any information for Regional Qualifiers outside of Toronto, Ontario).

Thanks for all this valuable info! Canada is now added to the list!  :red-meeple: :white-meeple: :red-meeple:

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2017, 11:03:53 AM »
Did anyone pop along to the UK event?
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2017, 01:43:40 PM »
I was really sorry to have to miss it this year. Made it to the Expo for a few hours but couldn't have got there in time for the Carc tournament :( :(n). Keen to hear how others got on though...

Offline jazbang

• Labourer
  • Merit: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2017, 07:11:44 AM »
Hello.

Numbers slightly down on previous years at the UK championships, could be due to there being more tournaments going on at the same sort of time - I know of a couple of previous Carcassonne entrants who were off doing Catan or Ticket To Ride instead. Don't think they used to be at the same time. Dan notable by his absence, as was Andrew who won last year.

Anyway, I reckon there were 43 entrants, same format as previous years - admin side of it seemed much better organised this year. Personally, I was a losing semi finallist - I'd got a 1st, a joint 1st and a 2nd in the 4 player games, which was enough to be seeded 2 for the knock-outs, I won the quarter final mainly thanks to drawing ALL of the cloisters, and managing to complete 5 of them, but was ultimately beaten in my next game by an 18 year old called Julia 114-107.  I don't know who won the final, because I sulked off to the main trade hall. :)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2017, 07:40:54 AM »
Hello.

Numbers slightly down on previous years at the UK championships, could be due to there being more tournaments going on at the same sort of time - I know of a couple of previous Carcassonne entrants who were off doing Catan or Ticket To Ride instead. Don't think they used to be at the same time. Dan notable by his absence, as was Andrew who won last year.

Anyway, I reckon there were 43 entrants, same format as previous years - admin side of it seemed much better organised this year. Personally, I was a losing semi finallist - I'd got a 1st, a joint 1st and a 2nd in the 4 player games, which was enough to be seeded 2 for the knock-outs, I won the quarter final mainly thanks to drawing ALL of the cloisters, and managing to complete 5 of them, but was ultimately beaten in my next game by an 18 year old called Julia 114-107.  I don't know who won the final, because I sulked off to the main trade hall. :)

Thanks for the update James, and congratulations on getting so far.

Julia is the daughter of one of the members here (asparagus) and I knew she was very good. I messaged him yesterday evening and was delighted to see that she reached the final! Unfortunately she didn't win this match, so I don't know who the eventual winner was either. I half wondered if it might have been you or Andrew again...

I was really looking forward to going, but we've had a pretty stressful time of it at home lately and my wife needed a break. So we went to a fancy hotel for most of Saturday, but didn't check out in time on Sunday morning to get to the tournament. We did have a good few hours looking around the expo though and got plenty of games (mostly for the kids).

I need to catch up with you sometime so you can teach me your secrets and learn to win as many 4-player games as you! Congrats again on your achievement.

Offline jazbang

• Labourer
  • Merit: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2017, 07:53:27 AM »
There's no great secret, I practice 4 player games on the app against the 3 toughest computer opponents, and if I can't do anything nice to myself - I do something horrible to somebody else.

I think the other player in the final's name was Ven.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2017, 07:59:53 AM »
There's no great secret, I practice 4 player games on the app against the 3 toughest computer opponents, and if I can't do anything nice to myself - I do something horrible to somebody else.

I think the other player in the final's name was Ven.

Sounds like good advice. :) I'll keep trying and hope that next year is my lucky year...

Yes, apparently it was Lim Ven Gee who you beat in the quarter final in 2015. He was pretty good; I'm sure he'll do well at the worlds.

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2017, 08:20:55 AM »
Bad news...  :o due to the acquisition of French publisher Filosofia by Asmodee, French Carcassonne Championship will NOT be held in Paris on June 25, like the previous years...

I am currently trying to figure out if it's cancelled or just postponed...  :o

We'll go to Paris anyway because Grabushka bought concert tickets but that's definitely a huge bummer.  :(

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2017, 08:23:56 AM »
Still on the plus side - if it is cancelled and there is no 2017 attendee at Essen, the previous champion may stand in their place  >:D >:D >:D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
National Carcassonne Championships in 2015

Started by jungleboy

90 Replies
Last post August 24, 2015, 11:44:08 PM
by kettlefish
xx
National Carcassonne Championships in 2016

Started by Chooselife

20 Replies
Last post December 29, 2016, 12:16:56 AM
by danisthirty
xx
Preparations for National championships (4-players game)

Started by Halfling

11 Replies
Last post April 27, 2017, 10:28:54 AM
by Halfling
xx
2018 National Championships

Started by Piet_Agoras

5 Replies
Last post April 09, 2018, 07:54:30 PM
by Xanderx12
xx
Dutch National Championship 2017 (March 19th)

Started by Jéré

19 Replies
Last post April 10, 2017, 06:36:52 AM
by humske