Author Topic: 2017 Basegame League - Round 1  (Read 16978 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
2017 Basegame League - Round 1
« on: January 23, 2017, 09:09:40 AM »
ROUND 1

Start date: Now! (23rd January 2017)
End date: 5th February 2017 - any matches not played by the end of this date will be forfeited... :( :(n)
(parent thread)

Match 1: Rosco vs. glh510
Match 2: TheSteveAllen vs. Adrornalin
Match 3: maedac vs. MrNumbers
Match 4: Jéré vs. Merlin_89
Match 5: What If? vs. Chooselife
Match 6: Rich_The_Fish vs. Halfling
Match 7: khalidqasrawi vs. Hounk
Match 8: danisthirty vs. Leven

Please use this thread to post scores, screenshots and post-match reports. Good luck everyone!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3109.0
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 02:06:53 PM by MrNumbers »

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
  • Merit: 4
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Basegame League - Round 1
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 01:20:10 PM »
hi there,
the first game has been played. we are quite unsure if we have to play our re-match now or in a second half of the league season (in round 16)?! both variants would make sense.
greetz,
adror

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 01:22:30 PM »
The idea is that you play both at the same time of possible. Ensuring both plauers have had the chance to start 1 gane each.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 01:50:47 PM »
hi there,
the first game has been played. we are quite unsure if we have to play our re-match now or in a second half of the league season (in round 16)?! both variants would make sense.
greetz,
adror
Hi Adrornalin - thanks for starting the league. Who was the startplayer in this game?

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
  • Merit: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 02:17:10 PM »
aand the second game. Steve improved a lot, well done and congrats!

kettlefish, both games have been won by the starting player.

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Merit: 25
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 02:28:27 PM »
Thanks for the games Adrornalin. I really enjoyed my 'maiden voyage'. I sincerely wish you the best of luck in your other games and, if you do not fare so well, come back and play me again! :-)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 03:21:54 PM »
I had my two games with khalidqasrawi tonight. In short, the majority of fans left the stadium disappointed. Both games were won by the visitor. :D

Game 1:
khalidqasrawi vs. Hounk
100:111
I won the battle for the first big city (32 points). Also khalidq took over the second one, which was even bigger, I secured the main farm, oddly enough by extending one of his roads by four points towards a cloister, and this was sufficient.

Game 2:
Hounk vs. khalidqasrawi
53:78
Although kq had an accident placing a robber as a useless farmer early on, he was so successful trapping my meeples, while I was not, this game soon went in his favour. I deployed my last meeple as a farmer too early, not able to prevent him from outwinning the farm and having no chance to score anything for the end of the game.

Offline What If?

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 12
  • Carcasstoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 01:07:12 PM »
WhatIf-ChooseLife 1-1

Balanced games, both won by the starting player.

In the first game CL locked two WI-meeples for a good 45 tiles or so which probably proved decisive.

In the second game the same but in reverse. The large city ended a 3-3 tie. The 0p farmer in the SE would have won the game for CL, but alas!

Second round, here we come!
Maybe I shouldn´t buy kathars, what would I do next?

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 02:47:19 PM »
Hello,

Nice to read the reports and to see everyone enjoyed the games! But maybe a simple question: what' the app you're playing on and is it available on Apple as well?

I play the app "7 castles"...the tiles look the same but the meeples are different.
Also a delight to notice over here, people can handle being blocked in the game or cities, roads taken over by the opponent....something some people on "7 castles" can't handle and quit the game....

Anyway, may the best or luckiest one win and most of all...enjoy yourselves!

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Merit: 25
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 04:05:47 PM »
We are usually playing on JCloisterZone, which runs on Mac, Linux and PC as it is written in java. Hope that you join us next time around!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 01:19:10 AM »
Nice to read the reports and to see everyone enjoyed the games! But maybe a simple question: what' the app you're playing on and is it available on Apple as well?

As TheSteveAllen says above, we use a free Java-based program called JCloisterZone which can be downloaded from http://jcloisterzone.com/en/ . It runs on anything that can run Java which appears to be most things and includes about 20 or so expansions as well as AI opponents who will play about half of those. I'd welcome the opportunity to give you a game some time! ;)

I play the app "7 castles"...the tiles look the same but the meeples are different.
Also a delight to notice over here, people can handle being blocked in the game or cities, roads taken over by the opponent....something some people on "7 castles" can't handle and quit the game....

I used to play 7 Castles on Facebook a lot several years ago. Before it was called 7 Castles it was called Carcassonne and was basically just an unlicensed rip-off of KJW's game including the exact same tiles, scoring mechanics and even the Inns & Cathedrals and River expansions! >:( I think the guy has changed it quite a lot since then so that his theft isn't quite so blatant but unless you were prepared to wait for a free slot on the server and play a "mini game" (36 tiles) you had to pay a certain number of credits per game which soon added up after you'd played a thousand or so games. I bet he made a fair few quid out of that one...

Looking back at it now, some of the arguments I had with people were hilarious: "I hope you realise you've just trapped one of your own men?" "Yes. But I've also trapped 3 of yours and 2 of them won't be worth anything at the end of the game..." >:D I reacted badly a couple of times too though, and even posted on here about it once or twice. Does Nelleke Belleke still play 100 times as many games as everyone else? He/ she was always the person to beat when I was there, but I only had the chance to play him/ her a couple of times.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 02:26:07 AM »
Thanks and congratulations to those who have played their Round 1 matches already; I'm in awe of your enthusiasm and commitment and very much enjoyed reading the match reports and reliving some of that excitement!

My match with the awesome (and terrifying) Leven :violet-meeple: is scheduled for Friday evening. Please let me know by posting here if anybody else has anything in the diary, otherwise I'll be chasing you all next week! ;)

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 02:42:44 AM »
Hi Dan,

Just installed Cloisterzone.  Looks great!  And way more expansions to play with!  There goes the 7 Castles...  :yellow-meeple:

I guess Nelleke Belleke has found other things to do or changed her name because i never saw that name on my screen...I guess, I'm next

And about your challenge to a game...I'd like that a lot although I can not guarantee i will not trap one or several of your meeples...  ;)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 02:55:18 AM »
And about your challenge to a game...I'd like that a lot although I can not guarantee i will not trap one or several of your meeples...  ;)

The only drawback to JCloisterZone compared to 7 Castles is that there are/ were almost always people waiting for a game on  7 Castles whereas the JCZ online server lobby is usually empty. Fortunately however, you can usually find someone here who is free for a game just by posting a request in the PLAY ME NOW! topic or dropping into the online chatroom and seeing if anyone else is around.

With regards to our game: bring it on! >:D (drop me a PM to let me know when you're free to play and we'll arrange something)

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 02:02:02 PM »
Thanks and congratulations to those who have played their Round 1 matches already; I'm in awe of your enthusiasm and commitment and very much enjoyed reading the match reports and reliving some of that excitement!

My match with the awesome (and terrifying) Leven :violet-meeple: is scheduled for Friday evening. Please let me know by posting here if anybody else has anything in the diary, otherwise I'll be chasing you all next week! ;)
I'm looking forward to playing some Carcassonne (it's been a while), thanks for setting up the tournament and good luck with your match. I think Halfling and I are playing tomorrow night too.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
2017 Basegame League - Round 9

Started by danisthirty

14 Replies
Last post May 30, 2017, 02:51:06 PM
by danisthirty
xx
2017 Basegame League - Round 11

Started by danisthirty

18 Replies
Last post June 27, 2017, 03:55:08 AM