Author Topic: Cooperation between HIG+ZMG, CarcC+CarcF  (Read 44279 times)

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
Re: Cooperation between HIG+ZMG, CarcC+CarcF
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2014, 11:50:46 AM »
Crud. Special character somewhere.

Edit: fixed it (above).

Also -- under the Easter Egg Nest, does each player get 1 egg for every one of his own followers on the 9-tile grid, or for total followers of everybody on the grid? That should be clarified in the translation.

Each player gets 1 egg for every one of his own followers on the 9-tile grid.

obervet,
thanks for your correction reading of the rules.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 12:01:08 PM by kettlefish »

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2014, 02:47:49 PM »
Thank you for your translation - and every follower simply gets one egg, they are taken to the supply of the players.

Offline obervet

• Authors
  • Count
  • Merit: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2014, 10:45:38 AM »
Okay, I made the clarification to my version of the translation (in the earlier post on this thread).

Offline Big Guy

• Authors
  • Duke
  • Merit: 11
  • I slipped away, like a THIEF in the KNIGHT
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2014, 01:46:22 PM »
Merit to Fritz for this expansion.

I've got some additional feedback on top of obervets last post yesterday. Let me know if this further simplifies the English translation, or hinders it in any way:

The Easter Bunny in Carcassonne

At Easter, old practices have survived in Carcassonne: As a sign of fertility, the Easter Bunny delivers coloured eggs that you find in their nests. 

Extra pieces
22 new landscape tiles (10 with an Easter Egg nest and 12 with the Easter Bunny)
1 Easter bunny figure
A lot of Easter eggs made from chocolate
1 die - with 6 sides - 2 sides each with 1, 2, 3 (example: die from the mini expansion "The Flier")

Overview
The Easter Bunny hops across the land delivering his Easter eggs. Players attempt to collect Easter eggs by completing features or finding them on farms at the end of the game. Any uneaten Easter eggs are worth points at the end of the game :c).

The Easter Egg Nest is completed like a cloister and also yields Easter eggs.

Preparation
This expansion is intended to be played with the base game and any expansions. The 22 new landscape tiles are to be mixed in with the other landscape tiles. Keep the supply of Easter eggs, the Easter Bunny, and the die in a nearby general supply area.

The Bunny Figure enters play when the first Easter Bunny tile is placed (see rules below). While on the board, the bunny is not on any particular feature. The bunny is a neutral figure and his placement is in addition to any wood move.

1. Place a Tile
-Place tiles, including the new tiles, according to the normal rules of the game.
-When an Easter Bunny tile is placed, two events are triggered:
---immediately, the Bunny figure is picked up and moved to the just placed Easter-Bunny tile
---at the end of the players turn, the movement of the Easter Bunny is triggered

2. Deploy a Follower
-Deploy followers (or take other Moving-of-the-Wood actions) according to the normal rules of the game.
-If an Easter Bunny tile was played, followers may be deployed on the regular features but may not be deployed on the bunny icon.

3. Score
-Score all existing features using the normal rules.
-When a player completes the nine-tile grid surrounding a nest, the Easter Egg Nest is scored. It may be that a nest tile fills a hole and scores instantly.
---2 Easter Eggs go to the player who completed the Easter Egg Nest.
---Each player gets 1 egg for each one of his or her followers on the nine-tile grid.

4. The Movement of the Easter Bunny
-If an Easter Bunny tile was played this turn, it triggers the movement of the Easter Bunny.
-Starting with the current player, all players in turn order roll the die and move the Bunny as many tiles (hops) as indicated by the result of the die roll. The bunny hops from tile to tile orthogonally and may not hop diagonally.
-The Bunny may not hop to a specific location if:
---he started his movement from that tile
---he has already visited that tile
---there is no tile (he can't hop to gaps in the board)
-If the Bunny has no legal tiles to move to next, his movement is ended for this turn.
-If the Bunny hops on a tile with at least one follower, the players get one Easter egg for every follower on that tile; the followers remain on the tile.

Final scoring
-During final scoring, no eggs are given for followers on the nine-tile grid surrounding an incomplete Easter Egg Nest.
-The Easter Bunny has no effect on final scoring.
-The player with the most eggs gets 10 points, the player with second most gets 5 points. -
-If there is a tie, all players with the same number of eggs get the points.

Warning!!!: Only Easter eggs not eaten are counted for the final scoring.:) After the final scoring all eggs shall be eaten at one's own risk.

Adaptation: If you don't own the die from the Mini-Expansion "The Flier," we recommend ordering it soon.:) Also you could use a regular six-sided die and give the Bunny 1 hop at the result of 1 and 2, 2 hops at the result of 3 and 4 and 3 hops at the result of 5 and 6.

Interaction with other expansions

1st Expansion "Inns & Cathedrals"
The Big Follower simply gets one egg.

2nd Expansion "Traders & Builders"
The Builder and the Pig don't get an egg.

3rd Expansion "The Princess & the Dragon"
The Dragon eats the Bunny (the dragon would not miss out on Bunny). The Bunny and the Fairy may be placed on the same tile. If the nine-tile grid surrounding an Easter Egg Nest is completed with a Dragon tile, the scoring of the Easter Egg Nest is after the Dragon movement.

4th Expansion "The Tower"
The Tower cannot take the Bunny prisoner. A follower on a tower also gets an egg.

5th Expansion "Abbey & Mayor"
The Wagon and the Mayor get an egg, the Barn doesn't get one.

6th Expansion "Count, King & Robber"
A follower cannot be taken from the City of Carcassonne for the scoring of an Easter Egg Nest. A Heretic on a shrine gets an egg, too.

7th Expansion "The Catapult"
If the nine-tile grid surrounding an Easter Egg Nest is completed with an Catapult tile, the scoring of the Easter Egg Nest is after the Catapult round.

8th Expansion "Bridges, Castles & Bazaars"
A follower on a bridge gets one egg, too. Completing an Easter Egg Nest doesn't trigger the scoring for a castle. The Bazaar round follows the scoring of an Easter Egg Nest, if it was completed by a bazaar tile.

9th Expansion "Hills & Sheep"
Although he is not a follower, the shepherd gets an egg! Hills and vineyards do not affect the distribution of eggs.

Mini 4 "The Gold Mines"
The completion of an Easter Egg Nest doesn't trigger the distribution of Gold.

Mini 5 "Mage & Witch"
The Mage and Witch don't affect the distribution of eggs, and the Bunny may stand with one of them on the same tile.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 01:54:22 PM by Big Guy »
A good board game brings people together.

Check out my Variants:
THE TOWER (NCV)
PLAY AS THE DRAGON

Offline Big Guy

• Authors
  • Duke
  • Merit: 11
  • I slipped away, like a THIEF in the KNIGHT
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2014, 01:53:35 PM »
Let me know if I'm interpreting the rules correctly. If I am, I have these follow-up questions:

1) How does it work if multiple Easter Bunny tiles are played on the same turn (i.e. using a builder)? Are multiple Easter Bunny movement events triggered at the end of these turns?
2) Can an Easter Bunny ever visit the same tile twice during one movement event (say, if one player finishes controlling his movement in a corner, and another player takes over)?
3) When an Easter Bunny is moved to a tile containing the follower, does the player moving the Easter Bunny get the egg, or does the player owning the follower get the egg?

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2014, 02:36:13 PM »
1) How does it work if multiple Easter Bunny tiles are played on the same turn (i.e. using a builder)? Are multiple Easter Bunny movement events triggered at the end of these turns?
Never thought of that, but it is a good question and addition to interaction with T&B. You have the movement of the Bunny after the regular turn and after the builder-turn. (You should take the second tile before the 1. Bunny movement to remember the second turn.)
2) Can an Easter Bunny ever visit the same tile twice during one movement event (say, if one player finishes controlling his movement in a corner, and another player takes over)?
The Bunny shall not move further if he is in a dead end situation, so I wrote in the first translation. The rest of the movement round ends and the other players are not allowed to move the Bunny. I think the term "turn" don't fit at that part.
3) When an Easter Bunny is moved to a tile containing the follower, does the player moving the Easter Bunny get the egg, or does the player owning the follower get the egg?
The player owning the follower gets the egg. This should be added to the rules just for clarity.

Offline mas9dj

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 7
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2014, 01:54:44 PM »
By the way, I did this for myself but someone might find it useful. Here are the rules as translated by Big Guy of The Easter Bunny in Carcassonne:

http://1drv.ms/1gcRUtV

Bonus pictures of my house-made The Easter Bunny of Carcassonne tiles

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 05:54:49 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Spaces added »
Gotta catch 'em all

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2014, 02:30:08 PM »
Eastern in Carcassonne - Easter Bunny:
The tiles of this fan-expansion are really cute.

Offline quevy

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2014, 03:58:09 AM »
Here again the tuckbox that I created for expansion.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/5two5dfk28voawi/ostern_tuckbox.pdf
A knight is sworn to valour.
His heart knows only virtue.
His blade defends the helpless.
His might upholds the weak.
His word speaks only truth.
His wrath undoes the wicked.

:white-meeple: My works.

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2014, 11:47:28 AM »
Bonus pictures of my house-made The Easter Bunny of Carcassonne tiles

What process do you use to make your tiles?  They look a lot nicer than mine.
Flee the fleas.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2014, 01:52:34 PM »
mas9dj,
did you have printed the tiles directly on the blanc tiles from CundCo?

Offline mas9dj

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2014, 05:22:02 PM »
mas9dj,
did you have printed the tiles directly on the blanc tiles from CundCo?

Haha, I'll take that as a compliment on them being well crafted.

I used blank tiles indeed but sadly I haven't found a way for printing directly onto them. These were made following the nice advices from Scott in his "How to print custom tiles" post and also from other users in this forum.

Being specific, I printed them on adhessive DIN-A4 paper sheets (apli Brand, 01215 reference number in case anyone is interested) with a laser printer, then it was just a matter of cutting the paper as precise as possible, for which I use a cutter/x-acto knife.

What I've learned so far from doing custom tiles is that printing 101% size is a nice way to go as it makes the printed tiles just a little bigger than a tile, just big enough so a little will be left outside of the tile which you can easily crop later on turning the tile around. This helps covering all possible white edges of the tile and also helps with the imprecissions you might have cutting the tiles (and the oversize is barely noticeable). In some fan expansions which have black borders it also helps keeping them out of the tile. I also followed carcking advice and used a fingernail clipper for the corners and pressed the borders in the perimeter for the finishing touches. Other than that, the best recipe is a lot of patience.

Of course not all tiles have come perfectly and you can see some slight imprecissions on the picture with all the tiles: for example a tiny white line at the bottom of the bottom-right corner tile or in the tile diagonal to the one on the top-right corner. I'd love they'd all be perfect and flawless but I think this is just good enough and it's as good as I can get it to be.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2015, 06:20:05 AM »
A long time nothing happen here, but now we have an update:

"Die Stadttore" - The City Gates

a fan-expansion from PresetM and Fritz_Spinne

Christof Tisch (HiG-Team) designed the rules in the new HiG rule template. Udo Schmitz, PresetM and kettlefish did the correction reading.

PresetM has updated the landscape tiles with new design and with expansion-symbol.

Here it is the 2nd fan-expansion at the homepage from HiG:

http://www.hans-im-glueck.de/carcassonne/fan-erweiterungen/die-stadttore/

-------------------------------------
At CarcF we have a rough translation of the rules for the original version in English:

Die Stadttore - The City Gates - Übersetzung in Englisch - Post #17

« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 06:23:45 AM by kettlefish »

Offline mas9dj

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2015, 10:55:08 AM »
Awesome, finally some more fan expansions released online by hig!

Offline meepleater

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2015, 12:31:48 AM »
Great to see! I really like this expansion

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Differences in style between C2 and C3

Started by BBG

3 Replies
Last post October 31, 2023, 06:17:46 AM
by Snearone
xx
transition tiles between winter and summer

Started by txema25

1 Replies
Last post March 25, 2024, 01:36:17 PM
by Meepledrone
clip
tile differences between old and new BCB

Started by aenima

32 Replies
Last post February 19, 2019, 09:57:11 AM
by LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)
xx
What is the difference between 'followers' and 'meeples'?

Started by Windekind

7 Replies
Last post January 04, 2020, 11:51:16 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
The Tower - Rule book from ZMG has not included the update from BigBox1

Started by kettlefish

2 Replies
Last post November 26, 2013, 07:05:25 AM
by obervet