Author Topic: S.O.S.  (Read 7096 times)

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
Re: S.O.S.
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2014, 07:29:11 AM »
Co-op games are huge fun with my group. We play them all the time and love the challenge...and the idea that we are telling or revealing a story as we go. I've often thought it would be cool to write a story to follow the actual game events.

Here's a list of those we own and play:
Pandemic
Forbidden Island
Forbidden Desert
The Captain is Dead
Flashpoint Fire Rescue
A Touch of Evil
Fortune and Glory
Conquest of Planet Earth
Dark Gothic
Elder Sign

Also, Semi-co-ops that we own and love:
Scotland Yard
Last Night on Earth
Invasion From Outer Space
Jurassic Park Island Survival
The Witches
Betrayal at House on the Hill
Clue - Museum Caper

What's nice about most of these...and probably where our affinity originated...is that they can usually accommodate a larger number of players. Sometimes you have to "scale" some of the effects and mechanics to make them work but usually that is achievable. They make for a great game night.
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2014, 08:05:50 AM »
Now seems like a good time to point out that for the past month or two, an ongoing side-project of mine has been to create a set of rules that can be used to turn Carcassonne into a 2-player co-operative style game. I won’t go into any details now as I’d prefer to unveil it in it’s entirely when it’s complete, but I don’t mind sharing at this point that it will be zombie-themed...

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2014, 08:14:23 AM »
Now seems like a good time to point out that for the past month or two, an ongoing side-project of mine has been to create a set of rules that can be used to turn Carcassonne into a 2-player co-operative style game. I won’t go into any details now as I’d prefer to unveil it in it’s entirely when it’s complete, but I don’t mind sharing at this point that it will be zombie-themed...

You had me up until zombie theme.  ^-^ Not a fan of zombies in general.  :@
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline Andrew the Ambo

• Count
  • Merit: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2014, 09:48:14 PM »
Add to the list
Hanabi
Escape. Curse of the Temple

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter