Poll

How do you feel about your online shopping experience with Cundco?

Very happy
50 (65.8%)
Somewhat happy
17 (22.4%)
About 50/50
5 (6.6%)
Somewhat unhappy
2 (2.6%)
Very unhappy
2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: Ordering online at Cundco (HiG)  (Read 38884 times)

Offline yimhj

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 8
  • A fan from France.
    • View Profile
Re: Ordering online at Cundco (HiG)
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 08:51:30 AM »
I've made two orders at Cundco ; one last year and the last one a few days ago. The first time, Cundco had put in the package a wrong expansion ; in less than a week, they send me the good one and let me the wrong freely.
This time, they forgot the bag for the tiles. I send an email on saturday ; I got an answer on monday and the bag on Friday. I live in France and, on their website, they say that it take 10-25 days and I received all in less than 10 days.

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 10:10:24 AM »
Interresting to see,

The School,
The Festival,
River I
De Kloosters,
Meeple Set in different colors,
The Count 1 tile
Shephards,
The Besiegers,
Little Buildings
The Phantom,

It's all unavailable in the shop.
If even they don't have it anymore, Its gonna be hard to get these

Offline B1nder

• Freeman
  • Merit: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 12:00:42 PM »
Interresting to see,

The School,
The Festival,
River I
De Kloosters,
Meeple Set in different colors,
The Count 1 tile
Shephards,
The Besiegers,
Little Buildings
The Phantom,

It's all unavailable in the shop.
If even they don't have it anymore, Its gonna be hard to get these

I think I saw Little buildings in a gameshop here in Bergen. I could check it out and send from here as long as they have it. They might also have the phantom. Somebody interested?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 12:02:49 PM by B1nder »

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 12:19:37 PM »
I luckily have them..

Offline B1nder

• Freeman
  • Merit: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 12:29:57 PM »
I luckily have them..

I don't know if it is hard to get elsewhere, but the gameshop here in Bergen might have the catapult as well.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 12:38:05 PM »
I luckily have them..

I don't know if it is hard to get elsewhere, but the gameshop here in Bergen might have the catapult as well.

:D :D :D There's like 20 copies of it here in Sweden. And they refuse to lower the price to be done with it. It's truly a phenomena this expansion.
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2016, 12:39:13 PM »
I'd pay more to not include it in my order!

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2016, 12:55:52 PM »
Right now there is one on Ebay for under $30.  That is the cheapest I have seen it.  This along with the tower are the 2 expansions I have no interest in whatsoever. 

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2016, 01:01:10 PM »
Right now there is one on Ebay for under $30.  That is the cheapest I have seen it.  This along with the tower are the 2 expansions I have no interest in whatsoever.

The Tower is great; even Dan likes it now! :)

I saw a copy of Catapult in a store in Madrid a couple of weeks ago. Actually, Spain is where I got my own copy to begin with. Maybe it's popular there?

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 01:17:01 PM »

I have to say that the tower is a must-have.. why dont you have interrest in it.. best grab it now while its still available

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2016, 01:47:01 PM »

I have to say that the tower is a must-have.. why dont you have interrest in it.. best grab it now while its still available

It is just not for me.  I have only played it with JCZ, so maybe I am missing something.  Unlike the dragon which seems to be a silly but fun way to remove opponent's meeples, the Tower just traps them (based on height of all things) until you can do the automatic prisoner exchange.  My main take away is the main part of the tower is the tile stacker just like the main part of the catapult is the catapult itself.  Sure there are some new tiles, but not exactly the cool new rules and features of the other expansions. 

Also it really isn't available anywhere here.  I can still order it from Cundco and pay a ton in shipping.  I am hoping Paul hooks me up with the other expansions I am missing.  If not, maybe I will throw 15 extra Euro just to have it. 

Offline Neil

• Labourer
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2016, 02:58:50 PM »
Overall I'm very happy with Cundco but I've only ordered two times from them. The first package took 15 work days to reach my house in the USA and arrived as seen in the photo below. The contents were shaken up but there was no water damage and only one box was slightly smashed. One school tile has the meeple shape embossed into it from the weight the courier stacked on top of my box and one winter promo tile has a notch on the corner but is still playable. Cundco did include a free plush meeple and cloth bag so I was happy and found no need to contact them. Sometimes you need to take a step back and realize that you're using a hunk of metal and man-made materials to send a bunch of electrons to the other side of the globe where a person can interpret it and then mail you a box over to your house, 7000 km away, and it all takes less than a month to complete. It's amazing if you ask me. The second purchase arrived in 12 working days and there was no issue.

I forgot to include that I use PayPal to pay for the purchases, they usually clear within a few minutes of the transaction. I've never had to contact them. Their selection is great, I just wish they had Big Box 5 on their site.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 03:12:01 PM by Neil »

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2016, 03:26:01 PM »
My experience has been about 50/50. Three times I have ordered multiple things and something was missing. Three times (some overlapping) there was a significant delay between ordering and receiving. And with two orders I emailed them and did not receive a response for over two weeks. That being said, the other half of my orders – usually small orders of one or two items – have shipped quickly with no issues at all. Most of the problem orders are when I order around Christmas or right after something has been made available on the website (and I stupidly decide to tack on a bunch of other things like loose meeples just because). My advice, don't order during peak times.

Offline JoeSesquipedalian

• Duke
  • Merit: 10
  • ǝuuossɐɔɹɐɔ
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2016, 06:40:01 PM »
I'm mostly satisfied with CundCo.

I've made about 8 or 9 orders from CundCo over the past year, all from their "newly remodeled" site.  I am Florida in the United States and it has taken anywhere from 10 to 45 days for me to receive my envelope of goodies from them.  No problem. Small company, few employees, very long distance, I understand.

Their website has gotten better at calculating the shipping price.  I always add items slowly to the cart until the shipping price jumps up from 3.95 to 24.95.   That's when I know that I've done one item too many.  I was able to empty my cart and re-add items until I got the max possible for the 3.95 envelope rate.  You used to have to empty the whole cart to reset the shipping price, because even after removing all items but just one, the higher shipping price remained.  That has been fixed. 

Still, being in the US I find myself limited to items that can fit into an envelope.  I've wanted to order the 6-minis when they had them, or Princess & Dragon, or Big Box 2012....... but I've never been willing to fork out 25 euros for shipping, especially if the expansion itself is only 11 euros.

As far as their order accuracy.... I've received 3 incomplete shipments from them.   I sent them emails regarding the missing items all 3 times.  They got back to me right away 2 times and told me that they'd ship out the missing items right away.  The other email I sent was not responded to so after 3 weeks of waiting for a response I wrote back to them, apologized for writing again, and explained that my missing item issue had not yet been addressed.  I received an email a few days later apologizing and saying they'd send out the missing item.  All 3 times I eventually got everything that I paid for.     

That being said, when I wrote to them after the 3rd time that an item was missing I began to feel like they were going to stop believing me.  That they were going to think that I was not really missing anything and that I was just trying to take advantage of them.  This was definitely not the case as I am a very honest person.  However, since it is such a small company with only a handful of employees they probably recognize some of the same names appearing frequently.  And, if they get multiple emails from a person regarding missing items they might get suspicious.

They are very nice people and very friendly, but I really hope they don't forget something again.... I don't mind waiting but it is starting to feel awkward.

Overall, I am glad that they are there, that I can get an envelope full of stuff for 4 euros shipping, I can get expansions not readily/cheaply available elsewhere and I can order replacement tiles/figures.

Suggestions for them:  1.  offer to open a box and dump the tiles and pieces into an envelope so I can order Princess and Dragon for a total of 17 euros instead of 42 euros.  2. put a limit on number of expansions someone can buy if there are very limited quantities.  (I missed out on Besiegers by minutes).   3.  Double-check orders, please?

If anyone from CundCo is reading this, I love you guys!!!!!!!!  :green-meeple:
Who got a smudge on the tile?

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2016, 01:14:17 AM »

Suggestions for them:  1.  offer to open a box and dump the tiles and pieces into an envelope so I can order Princess and Dragon for a total of 17 euros instead of 42 euros.  2. put a limit on number of expansions someone can buy if there are very limited quantities.  (I missed out on Besiegers by minutes).   3.  Double-check orders, please?

Cundco have now made quite clear that their tile service is a 'replacement' tile service, not a service for ordering expansions.
Besiegers was only recently not available at Cundco.  I bought my copy from them in late 2014 it had been available for a long time.  Also their last batch was limited to 1 per customer.
I'm not sure what you mean here but - They ask you to correctly fill in your order, so they don't need to email every customer to verify their order was was intended....no online retailer does this since the advent of online forms and shopping carts.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Ordering Components from Cundco

Started by totor66

28 Replies
Last post March 25, 2016, 10:33:20 AM
by Decar
xx
Ordering Replacement tiles from Cundco

Started by axelsson

30 Replies
Last post May 19, 2018, 08:16:09 PM