Author Topic: Carcassonne mini-tournament  (Read 10238 times)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
Carcassonne mini-tournament
« on: March 04, 2013, 05:23:55 AM »
I wanted to share with the community a report about this Sunday's event.
I hosted my first Carcassonne mini-tournament that I organized in cooperation with local Carcassonne distributor. He [distributor] provided me with a place (their board games shop), necessary game sets and prizes - Carcassonne Big Box 3 for the first place and a $10 gift card for the second place.
Tournament scheme was "double elimination", there were 15 players +1 player from organizers side. In every round we used different Minis expansion. In the final game (8th round) we repeated "Ferries" as an expansion with less influence of luck and more - strategy. In final game won player from the L-bracket so we played one more game to achieve "full double elimination". In second game he have won once again and became a winner of the tournament!
You can check out a photo-report at my website. It's in Latvian, but the main idea I have already said here, so this is just for looking at the pictures. The links at the beginning are tournament's W- and L-brackets with the results of every game.
As everybody liked the idea of the mini-tournament, I hope this will become an annual event.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=185.0
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne mini-tournament
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 12:25:53 PM »
Wow, nice job putting that tournament together. It looks like a lot of fun. Hopefully, it will be an annual event for you.
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline Bixby

• Marquis
  • Merit: 18
  • Guinness is Goodness
    • View Profile
    • Bixby's Bar & Grill
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 12:30:21 PM »
Looks like a very successful event. Congratulations!
My KARMA ran over your DOGMA

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 11:57:00 PM »
Carcking, Bixby, thank you! It was really successful event! Now I am receiving positive comments and feedback, and not only from participants :D Distributor representative also liked the event very much and that makes me think that next year I can count on them. After all, distributor also has a profit - some players after the tournament have bought 1-2 expansions :red-meeple:

Offline Joaquim00

• Villein
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 04:48:47 AM »
I like the format! (I hope to get to Rīga someday.)
By the way you probably mean a Carcassonne-mini tournament rather than a Carcassonne mini-tournament. (When I saw the title, I initially thought that it was a small tournament of Carcassonne. Later on I saw that you meant a tournament of Carcassonne-minis.)  :meeple:

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 05:05:39 AM »
I like the format! (I hope to get to Rīga someday.)
By the way you probably mean a Carcassonne-mini tournament rather than a Carcassonne mini-tournament. (When I saw the title, I initially thought that it was a small tournament of Carcassonne. Later on I saw that you meant a tournament of Carcassonne-minis.)  :meeple:

I meant this in both ways - both only Carcassonne Minis expansions involved, and it was a small tournament with 16 players as maximum. The tournament was timed to 1-year anniversary of my website about Carcassonne, so I called this "Mini-tournament with mini-expansions at mini-anniversary" :D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne mini-tournament 2014

Started by MrNumbers

6 Replies
Last post February 26, 2014, 01:14:24 PM
by kettlefish
xx
UK Carcassonne: Mini Teams Tournament... places available!

Started by danisthirty

1 Replies
Last post February 04, 2022, 07:21:06 AM
by danisthirty
xx
[LV] Carcassonne mini-tournament 2015

Started by MrNumbers

15 Replies
Last post March 03, 2015, 11:25:48 PM
by MrNumbers
xx
Carcassonne Central Worldcup 2023 (BGA Tournament)

Started by Linkarssonne (Linksux)

66 Replies
Last post October 18, 2023, 02:57:36 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Carcassonne Central Worldcup 2023 (BGA Tournament)

Started by Linkarssonne (Linksux)

1 Replies
Last post August 02, 2023, 09:15:08 AM
by Linkarssonne (Linksux)