Author Topic: Carcassonne Minis League: Fliers  (Read 20800 times)

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne Minis League: Fliers
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2017, 02:40:33 PM »
:red-meeple: Rosco vs :violet-meeple: Leven 176:190

Despite reaching a new personal gold-collecting record there was no real chance to win this game by the required huge PD. Rosco took some risk by claiming almost every cloister he drew (he scored a remarkable 45 points through cloisters), but eventually he survived my trapping attempts (for this he needed both the last CRRF and the last CFRR tile). Then having his followers back he could also equalize the majority on the main farm. (And in the end he made the same mistake that thodekey and Chooselife did previously: at the last CC-tile he thought that he had to remove one of his knights and unintentionally deployed another knight to his city. Fortunately this happened near the end, it probably didn't affect the outcome of the game.)

Thanks for the game Rosco. And congrats to danisthirty for winning the group. Good luck in the final. :(y)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 03:22:15 PM by Leven »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2017, 08:37:51 AM »
Thanks Leven. This has been a very tight group with two players finishing without any lost games for either of them!

Congratulations on your finishing position too, even if it isn't the one you deserved, and good luck with the rest if the tournament!

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2017, 03:31:47 AM »
12 games played, 3 left.
Congratulations to Dan for winning the group! First 3 places are already defined, we need to know only last 3.
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2017, 02:39:00 AM »
I am finally back from holidays.  O0
I should be able to play during working hours this week and maybe the following, evening will be tight.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2017, 02:28:31 PM »
My first win in 4 games. And I won only with LAST tile, taking control over huge farm. I can echo myself - there is so much luck involved in these mini-expansions!
MrNumbers vs. Rosco
203:167

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2017, 11:25:54 PM »
My first win in 4 games. And I won only with LAST tile, taking control over huge farm. I can echo myself - there is so much luck involved in these mini-expansions!
MrNumbers vs. Rosco

Looks like Rosco could have prevented your farmer from joining the main field with his last tile!!

Quoting a former World Champion: "No tile is useless!"  ...so none should be wasted...

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2017, 12:23:33 AM »
MrNumbers vs. Rosco

Looks like Rosco could have prevented your farmer from joining the main field with his last tile!!

Quoting a former World Champion: "No tile is useless!"  ...so none should be wasted...
Since Rosco started the game, he could prevent me from joining with his one-before-last tile, and it was crrr (with Mage), so this tile also qualifies as a farmer joining prevention tile, and I told that to Rosco after the game. My small mistake was I didn't put a follower on other farmer joining tile (crfr tile on the west) to gain 3 points. But anyway, if Rosco even would prevent me from joining, I would have won by 1 or 2 points: Rosco wouldn't receive 1 point to his city, and I would receive, for example, 4 points instead of 3.

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2017, 03:09:07 AM »
MrNumbers vs. Chooselife
149:94

Group stage is over for me, 4th place :(

Only one game left to play in Fliers group!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 03:21:57 AM by MrNumbers »

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2017, 07:16:20 AM »
Don't worry we all know the outcome.  Rosco for last place.  I think I am going to leave Carcassonne leagues for a while after this.  I have had a monumentas losing streak and don't seem to be able to turn it around.  I am getting fairly frustrated with it all.  I will finish the leagues i am in so as not to let anyone down. 

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Just lay the damn tile!

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2017, 08:55:41 AM »
Don't worry we all know the outcome.  Rosco for last place.  I think I am going to leave Carcassonne leagues for a while after this.  I have had a monumentas losing streak and don't seem to be able to turn it around.  I am getting fairly frustrated with it all.  I will finish the leagues i am in so as not to let anyone down. 

Sorry to hear that, Rosco.  I remember we had a flip-coin game that could have easily turned out the other way.  Most important is you still have fun playing it. 
And for your last game of the Fliers League: i wouldn't be too sure to loose...every game has to be played.  Anyway, good luck to the both of you and...ENJOY!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2017, 02:32:33 PM »

Really sorry to hear read this dude. It can be rough when it feels like the tiles are constantly against you and you can't seem to shake it off. We've all been there though, with unlucky streaks, and the universe does eventually play fair and right itself. Things got so bad for me once that I almost lost a game to jungleboy :o but eventually the tide turned and I'm world champion again, even if only in my mind.

Fingers crossed that your mojo returns soon without you having to miss any competitions...

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2017, 03:22:28 PM »
emoji code10] emoji code10]

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2017, 05:15:59 AM »
I believe this one closes the group. Although I made an early error by giving rosco a lot of gold I ended up using flyers to my advantage and finally won a game.

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2017, 11:16:01 AM »
Congratulations to all Fliers on finishing the group, the one and the only :D

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2017, 02:22:59 PM »
Congratulations to all Fliers on finishing the group, the one and the only :D

Woohoo! I always knew we were the best group! Congrats fellow Fliers! :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Interaction of Magic portal and Fliers

Started by Snowmax

3 Replies
Last post July 08, 2020, 02:47:30 PM
by Snowmax
xx
Question about fliers and halflings

Started by Dkmvs

3 Replies
Last post February 02, 2021, 02:34:52 PM
by NGC 54
xx
Carcassonne Minis League: Goldminers

Started by MrNumbers

39 Replies
Last post September 25, 2017, 11:10:27 PM
by MrNumbers
xx
Expansion League #7: Carcassonne Minis - SIGN UP HERE!

Started by MrNumbers

63 Replies
Last post September 05, 2017, 11:19:32 PM
by MrNumbers
xx
Carcassonne Minis League: Wizards

Started by MrNumbers

74 Replies
Last post September 25, 2017, 01:17:28 PM
by MrNumbers