Author Topic: Carc's 15th Birthday: Sign a tile for KJW  (Read 107442 times)

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
Re: Carc's 15th Birthday: Sign a tile for KJW
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 06:06:25 AM »
I am going to send a tile from the catapult.  I have a spare tile - the one with FFFF.
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 06:11:57 AM »
I like this idea a lot! I'm pondering if my girlfriend and I should take the lake and spring tiles from The River I and sign them so you have the possibility to build at least one river... :) But then I would have to buy an extra river or order from Cundco. What do you all think?
Just send the spring, if nobody else sends the lake the river will flow out of the picture ...

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 09:03:54 AM »
I like this idea a lot! I'm pondering if my girlfriend and I should take the lake and spring tiles from The River I and sign them so you have the possibility to build at least one river... :) But then I would have to buy an extra river or order from Cundco. What do you all think?
Just send the spring, if nobody else sends the lake the river will flow out of the picture ...

Good advice! I can plug any awkward gaps with unsigned tiles from my own collection, but I'd like to keep this to a minimum if possible. Rivers can flow off to the side of the picture if necessary...

Offline Merlin_89

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2015, 09:27:55 AM »
I cherish my KJW's autographed starting tile, so I think that it's really beautiful idea! Great way to show our appreciation...
You can count me in! I have incomplete set of Traders and Builders, so you can expect tile with pigs watermark.

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2015, 11:36:48 AM »
Not a silly question at all. I think it's entirely up to you so you should sign whichever you prefer, or both. I will probably sign my name as Dan "is thirty" Chard 8)

I know this is no where near the subject of this thread, but please forgive me as my world has been turned upside down.  I feel as though my senses are not rooted in reality anymore.  I'm not sure what is true and what isn't, what is fact and what is fiction.  Is there really 'no spoon'?  Is the sky blue?  Is blue a real color?  Apparently, ancient peoples didn't think so, maybe they were right! 

Up until this moment, I was sure that I had a friend "across the pond", named Daniel Chard, who shares my love of the game of Carcassonne (though his is much more passionate than mine), a ruggedly handsome man with a propensity for distinguished (read manly) facial hair like my own, a family man, someone who plays with the most obvious and appropriate color choice (blue), but is not so proud as to not relinquish it upon request, a man whose very meeple likeness holds a mug in it's hand bearing witness to the fact that the moniker he has chosen for himself, the one that all of us have come to know and love, is danisthirsty... T-H-I-R-S-T-Y... THIRSTY! 

And why shouldn't he be thirsty?  The human body is made up of 65% water.  Some doctors believe that we are not sick, we're thirsty.  I don't know who is chasing him, but Dan likes to run which makes you thirsty.  Little children can tax a man even as healthy and virile as Dan, causing thirst.  Perhaps the environment is more arid in London?  Perhaps it's a spiritual metaphor of some kind.  Maybe he just really likes coffee! 

It's not April, and it's not even the first of the month, but I know someone must be playing a trick on me.  Please tell me that I am not the only one to KNOW this and BELIEVE it as FACT!  Up until about 2:30pm est on the 3rd of November, 2015 that is.  Excuse my while I go pinch all my children...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 11:42:54 AM by CKorfmann »
Flee the fleas.

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2015, 11:53:16 AM »
@CKorfmann
You are not the only one:
http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1121.msg13530#msg13530

And here is direct message:
[...]I’m danisthirty  :). I’m not thirsty, I’m thirty. Well, I’m actually 34 now but I was 30 (years old) when I first used danisthirty.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 11:56:21 AM by MrNumbers »
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2015, 12:08:56 PM »
Ha ha. Not sure what I can say to that! :))

If it helps, I'm on the verge of renaming myself as I'm usually thirsty at least once per day yet I haven't been thirty for years. I might also have to have the cup removed from my meeple. :@

At risk of causing us to veer off topic even more drastically though, why didn't ancient people believe that blue was a real colour? :blue-meeple:

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2015, 01:27:22 PM »
Not a silly question at all. I think it's entirely up to you so you should sign whichever you prefer, or both. I will probably sign my name as Dan "is thirty" Chard 8)

I know this is no where near the subject of this thread, but please forgive me as my world has been turned upside down.  I feel as though my senses are not rooted in reality anymore.  I'm not sure what is true and what isn't, what is fact and what is fiction.  Is there really 'no spoon'?  Is the sky blue?  Is blue a real color?  Apparently, ancient peoples didn't think so, maybe they were right! 

Up until this moment, I was sure that I had a friend "across the pond", named Daniel Chard, who shares my love of the game of Carcassonne (though his is much more passionate than mine), a ruggedly handsome man with a propensity for distinguished (read manly) facial hair like my own, a family man, someone who plays with the most obvious and appropriate color choice (blue), but is not so proud as to not relinquish it upon request, a man whose very meeple likeness holds a mug in it's hand bearing witness to the fact that the moniker he has chosen for himself, the one that all of us have come to know and love, is danisthirsty... T-H-I-R-S-T-Y... THIRSTY! 

And why shouldn't he be thirsty?  The human body is made up of 65% water.  Some doctors believe that we are not sick, we're thirsty.  I don't know who is chasing him, but Dan likes to run which makes you thirsty.  Little children can tax a man even as healthy and virile as Dan, causing thirst.  Perhaps the environment is more arid in London?  Perhaps it's a spiritual metaphor of some kind.  Maybe he just really likes coffee! 

It's not April, and it's not even the first of the month, but I know someone must be playing a trick on me.  Please tell me that I am not the only one to KNOW this and BELIEVE it as FACT!  Up until about 2:30pm est on the 3rd of November, 2015 that is.  Excuse my while I go pinch all my children...

:(y)

Fantastic! What else can I say?

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2015, 03:50:21 PM »
funny! I'm inn!  :)

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2015, 04:29:52 PM »
At risk of causing us to veer off topic even more drastically though, why didn't ancient people believe that blue was a real colour? :blue-meeple:

HERE

BTW, I'm in as long as I can find a spare tile.

Offline franks

• Marquis
  • Merit: 26
  • I love Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2015, 05:34:05 PM »
Great idea Dan! I'm sure I can come up with a tile!

Cheers,
Franks

Wanna play Carc? Can we add just one more expansion?

Offline JT Atomico

• Marquis
  • Merit: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2015, 12:17:42 AM »
I have gone for the left tile from The School, because I used to be a Maths teacher (though I didn't stick with it very long!).

If anyone wants to sign the tile on the right then we can complete the pair. I will send Dan an unsigned right tile anyway, so that the landscape can be completed either way.

And yes, for a long time I also thought that Dan was "thirsty" rather than "thirty" :D

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2015, 01:37:52 AM »
After seeing everyone else's comments, I have realised that:

A) I'm a douchebag.
B) This really is quite a cool idea.

I want some big cities in this thing so I'll order and sign the CCCC tile from the base game next time I make a Cundco order.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2015, 02:11:38 AM »
@jungleboy: Excellent news, welcome aboard!

@JT Atomico: I like your idea re: the School. It’s great that you can select a tile that has some personal significance too.

In terms of tile selection, I’m hoping for a wide range of tiles in order to make the landscape as interesting as possible. I realise that there probably aren’t going to be a lot of signed corner road (ffrr) tiles but if I have to sacrifice a box or two to fill it out then it will be worth it. Please consider city caps and splitters when making your decision though, as these will always be put to good use. :) :(y)

Just for the record, I’m going to be using a Flier tile as I now have a spare box of these having bought it again for this year’s forum photo games. I’ll sign it and scan it tonight...

Also, don’t forget that there’s going to be a little book to accompany it so that KJW can see photos of all the people who have signed these tiles and know a little more about them. If you’d like to be included in this please send me a photo of yourself (perhaps holding your signed tile?) along with your name, location (broadly speaking: country will do) and a short summary of how you started playing Carcassonne or what it is you most enjoy about it. If you prefer to submit a tile without being included in the book then this is fine too, but I think this will be a nice personal touch so please consider it if you haven’t already.

:blue-meeple:

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2015, 04:17:11 AM »
Great Idea Dan, as always.

What is the cut-off date on sending the signed tiles.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne celebrates its 15th birthday! Celebrates with us!

Started by kettlefish

9 Replies
Last post April 14, 2016, 11:17:06 PM
by Rosco
xx
KJW-Signed Tile Giveaway

Started by danisthirty

79 Replies
Last post September 24, 2018, 01:15:18 PM
by Chartreusito
xx
Caral, a new game by KJW on Kickstarter