Author Topic: Russian Solovei Razboynik (Tree) question.  (Read 5851 times)

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
Re: Russian Solovei Razboynik (Tree) question.
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2020, 09:52:12 AM »
Question - if tile with tree devided road to two different roads, wagon are not possible to move to to the left, because road on left side of wagon is finished.

Only options where can be wagon moved is to onfinished features connected to fnished feature where is wagon and there are
on left side, road going up from "house" and three roead on currently added tile which finished roead with wagon.

Is it correct?
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • Carcassonne is only complete with 11th expansion:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2020, 10:49:52 AM »
As per the C1 rules, the wagon should be placed on the "road to Kiev" (Solovei's road) before being able to reach the city when the road network is completed.

But that can never happen: as soon as the wagon touches the road with the Solovei Razboynik tile, it will be trapped. In the pictures you are skipping the road altogether and reaching for the city in one step when there are two steps...

Of course! Sorry, I totaly forgot that you can only drive to the nearest adjacent feature. Thanks for the answer anyway!

It seems like nobody can pass the road to Kiev, Solovei's whistles are just too powerful!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 10:54:44 AM by tp10053 »

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2020, 11:22:31 AM »
;-)

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2020, 01:00:50 PM »
As per the C1 rules, the wagon should be placed on the "road to Kiev" (Solovei's road) before being able to reach the city when the road network is completed.

But that can never happen: as soon as the wagon touches the road with the Solovei Razboynik tile, it will be trapped. In the pictures you are skipping the road altogether and reaching for the city in one step when there are two steps...

Of course! Sorry, I totaly forgot that you can only drive to the nearest adjacent feature. Thanks for the answer anyway!

It seems like nobody can pass the road to Kiev, Solovei's whistles are just too powerful!  ;D

Earplugs would appear to be needed.
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2020, 11:56:06 PM »
Question - if tile with tree devided road to two different roads, wagon are not possible to move to to the left, because road on left side of wagon is finished.

Only options where can be wagon moved is to onfinished features connected to fnished feature where is wagon and there are
on left side, road going up from "house" and three roead on currently added tile which finished roead with wagon.

Is it correct?

Yes, you can only move the wagon to incomplete roads connected to the road you just completed. In this case there would be no difference between C1 and C2 rules, since all the incomplete roads are on adjacent tiles to the wagon.

See the attached picture to illustrate this case.
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2020, 12:01:13 AM »

I prepared this picture to illustrate this case as well...

In C1, you could pick any tile on "the road network to Kiev" before the wagon is trapped (the wagon can move to any tile on the neighboring feature). In C2, you would only be allowed to place the wagon on the tile of "the road to Kiev" marked with the green tick (the wagon moves to an adjacent tile).

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • Carcassonne is only complete with 11th expansion:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2020, 07:03:05 AM »
Yes that is right. I personally don't like C2 wagon rules at all. I get that they are easier to understand, but it can severely hinder wagon's reach and thematically it doesn't make as much sense.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2020, 09:41:31 AM »
Yes that is right. I personally don't like C2 wagon rules at all. I get that they are easier to understand, but it can severely hinder wagon's reach and thematically it doesn't make as much sense.

I also like the C1 rules better, but all the limitations about new features ending a road a wagon could not cross were a bit awkward... Why could't a wagon cross a fair (Exp. 7) or an bazaar (Exp. 8) or a circus/acrobat space (Ex. 10) or...?

Here you can find a topic I created covering the C1 rules and a FAQ from 2014 that contradicts partially the clarifications provided in 2013  :o

http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4725.0

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
WTS LATEST RUSSIAN PROMOS (Solovei Razboynik & Vodyanoy)

Started by DavidY

16 Replies
Last post July 02, 2018, 09:25:07 AM
by asp204
xx
Russian Promos Vodyanoy and Solovei Razboynik in JCloisterZone 5.5.0

Started by Bumsakalaka

0 Replies
Last post February 21, 2021, 03:31:23 AM
by Bumsakalaka
question
Element of the Week #59 – Solovei Razboynik and Vodyanoy