Author Topic: WTB Inqury for huge amount of Carcassonne tiles  (Read 16310 times)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
WTB Inqury for huge amount of Carcassonne tiles
« on: August 16, 2014, 01:16:17 AM »
I've been looking at options to increase my tile count and so far, a local shop has been the cheapest. Sounds all good, but why stop there?
  There's been a lot of searching online, whether it's domestic online shops or foreign, but ultimately it all ends up even or non-marginal, compared to the local shop.

Thought I ask here for help if anyone knows someone or can themselves depart with a large amount of tiles. The amount I'm talking about is 100-9000 tiles (wanted). I prefer new and unused but nearmint and or better quality of used tiles can be an option.

It does not matter whether basic tiles or expansions, but if it is an expansion with tokens (not meeples) I want the tokens as well. I.e. Trader's tokens if the tiles is from Trader's and Builders but no need for the sixth colours meeples.

Shipping will be to Sweden.

I've been in contact with carcassonneshoppe.com which has a tile batch offer amongst some other good stuff. I might order some loose ends epansions from there for sure!
  The loose tiles, however, after shipping cost and custom tax ends up as much as the local store where I can buy full sets.

UPDATE:
- Max price for each tile I prefer to be 0.25 Euro including shipping. Can be discussed if quantity above 150 tiles.
- Basic tiles or an expansion tile that has no features like Trader's, Dragon, Tower etc is also preferred.
- Tiles with, for example an Inn / Lake is OK.

Regards,
 :meeple:

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=955.0
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 07:29:22 AM by Yellow »
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
Re: WTB Inqury for huge amount of Carcassonne tiles
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 04:19:59 PM »
Have you looked at the Carcassonne Shoppe?
Flee the fleas.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 05:47:15 PM »
Have you looked at the Carcassonne Shoppe?

That I have. It is mentioned in my original post.  ^-^

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 03:43:54 PM »
Whoops, I guess I quit reading before the end.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 06:13:11 PM by CKorfmann »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 03:59:29 AM »
I think this is always going to be tough unless you have some serious money to throw at it, or are prepared to do things gradually over a longer period of time.

You can buy individual tiles from Cundco for about 0,50 Euro each so this would work out at 36 Euros for a full set which is probably more than a new complete box would cost. It’s handy when you need specific tiles though as I lost two of mine at the UK Games Expo and so used this service to replace them.

You can buy sheets of tiles from certain sellers on eBay. I assume these would have to be brand new as the tiles haven’t been pressed-out but I’ve never bought any so I can’t say for sure. I don’t know how cost-effective this approach would be either. I often used to see complete boxes going very cheaply too (on eBay) but you never know quite what you’re going to get in terms of quality and shipping to Sweden may also make this too expensive.

Good luck!

Offline quevy

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 04:59:29 AM »
You could try contacting a distributor and you make good money to purchase several boxes.
A knight is sworn to valour.
His heart knows only virtue.
His blade defends the helpless.
His might upholds the weak.
His word speaks only truth.
His wrath undoes the wicked.

:white-meeple: My works.

Offline JT Atomico

• Marquis
  • Merit: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 12:29:00 PM »
Yellow, I'm hoping to buy the new Big Box when it comes out but only want to keep Sheep & Hills, the new River and possibly the Wheel Of Fortune tiles. That would leave at least 100 or so tiles if you wanted them? I would be happy to send you them at just the cost of the delivery since I will have no other use for them anyway. I'm in the UK, so postage shouldn't be too bad.

This all depends on me finding somewhere to buy the Big Box in the first place of course!

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 02:04:24 PM »
Yellow, I'm hoping to buy the new Big Box when it comes out but only want to keep Sheep & Hills, the new River and possibly the Wheel Of Fortune tiles. That would leave at least 100 or so tiles if you wanted them? I would be happy to send you them at just the cost of the delivery since I will have no other use for them anyway. I'm in the UK, so postage shouldn't be too bad.

This all depends on me finding somewhere to buy the Big Box in the first place of course!

This is a mighty gesture. I would be grateful! And if it's alright by you, I'll mention you amongst those who helped me beat the Guiness World Record.  :(y)

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 08:00:19 PM »
I wonder if HiG would give you a bulk discount if you bought a full pallet of extra tiles? We buy copier paper by the pallet and save quite a bit compared to buying individual boxes.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 09:20:10 PM »
I wonder if HiG would give you a bulk discount if you bought a full pallet of extra tiles? We buy copier paper by the pallet and save quite a bit compared to buying individual boxes.

I will contact them and ask. My plan is early next year to have gathered enough funds to buy 1000 Euro worth of Carcassonne sets in one go. It will be interesting to see the turnout! Where is that pallet with 50-100 tile scores posted on cc?  :D

One of my local stores offers the base game for just under 20 Euro and most of the common expansions for just under 10 Euro. Kinda hard to beat!

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 10:45:15 PM »

I will contact them and ask. My plan is early next year to have gathered enough funds to buy 1000 Euro worth of Carcassonne sets in one go. It will be interesting to see the turnout! Where is that pallet with 50-100 tile scores posted on cc? :D

One of my local stores offers the base game for just under 20 Euro and most of the common expansions for just under 10 Euro. Kinda hard to beat!
I don't know where I have posted the link in the past...

Here again - the link to HiG - twitter:
https://twitter.com/HiG_Verlag/status/388561189518999552

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 11:39:03 PM »
Where is that pallet with 50-100 tile scores posted on cc?  :D

Here and here.
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Khonnor

• Duke
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
    • ~ add me on Facebook ~
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 12:44:43 AM »
Are you still looking for a lot of tiles?

I have a bunch of secondhand tiles that are in extremely well condition that I might want to sell.
I also have the same tiles still brand new in their punch sheets that I might sell instead.

About 120 tiles together. Just let me know...  :)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 04:19:56 AM »
Are you still looking for a lot of tiles?

I have a bunch of secondhand tiles that are in extremely well condition that I might want to sell.
I also have the same tiles still brand new in their punch sheets that I might sell instead.

About 120 tiles together. Just let me know...  :)

Can never hurt to ask! I always am interested.  :(y)

These will be part of the world record attempt with so many people involved. Thus, I can't ask everyone to wash their hands and prohibit food and beverages during the event.  ;D They just need to be in very good quality.

What is needed in order for me to buy them is this:

- Price per tile does not exceed 0.4 Euro unless it's a rare one which I might still want and would then pay more. This is 0.4 Euro per tile with shipping included.

- Each tile with a token or wooden figure attached to it must be included. For example a Trader tile with a barrel comes with a barrel token, goldmines tile with 2x goldbars, etc.

- Although I prefer the so called 'draw tiles', those that you draw randomly during the game, I don't mind other tiles if it's a full set. We should never break up a set if we can avoid it.  8)

Lastly, everyone that has a small part in helping me with this world record will be credited!
  Also, there will be several contests during the event where you can win some Carcassonne stuff. Both on location and on the forum!

:meeple:

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 07:10:42 AM »
At our local boardgames forum one member is selling Carcassonne "Tower" for 7EUR, without original box, but with tiles holder tower and, as a bonus, bag from T&B. Interested? One thing I don't know is shipping costs.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Insane board game content amount (and loving it)!

Started by Paul

4 Replies
Last post May 17, 2014, 12:57:07 PM
by Paul
xx
WTB Russian promo tiles (4 tiles)

Started by DrMeeple

26 Replies
Last post September 27, 2021, 12:47:40 PM
by Hylian1987
xx
WTB/WTT Carcassonne Base/Inns/Traders Tiles