Author Topic: Merging outbreaks  (Read 2161 times)

Offline asparagus

• Count
  • Merit: 11
  • I am a meeple not a sheeple.
    • View Profile
    • Fan Expansion Wiki
Merging outbreaks
« on: April 14, 2016, 01:16:37 AM »
I came across an unexpected situation whilst playing the Plague. TLDR: My interpretation of outbreaks led to the impossibility of placing a new flea.

We had Outbreak 1 spreading out from the edge of the board. When outbreak 2 came out it was placed on a sort of peninsular of tiles behind outbreak 1. So we had in a line outbreak 2,  a single active flea tile, outbreak 1 and the rest of the active flea tiles. So I deemed that the two outbreaks had merged and so flipped over outbreak 1. This meant that most of the fleas had to be turned over as inactive as they had no connection to outbreak 2. So now there was only one outbreak and there was nowhere to place new fleas. It could have easily been resolved by placing new tiles next to outbreak 2 and with two such tiles the inactive fleas would have been reactivated. However noone felt this was in their interest. Was I doing something wrong here?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2618.0
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 09:53:45 AM by asparagus, Reason: fixed typo »

Offline Christopher

• Count
  • Merit: 12
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
    • View Profile
Re: Merging outbreaks
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 05:49:46 AM »
Having just read this, from what you've said, I think you were within the rules, you just ended up with a very odd situation due to tile placement. The only tiles in your current plague zone were the outbreak, one flea and a previous outbreak, which is immune. As a result, there were no legal options for flea placement, and you had an outbreak which could not expand.

This would have been resolved when you either placed more tiles around the outbreak or drew another outbreak tile.
Look to the north. Keep looking. There's nothing coming from the south.

Offline asparagus

• Count
  • Merit: 11
  • I am a meeple not a sheeple.
    • View Profile
    • Fan Expansion Wiki
Re: Merging outbreaks
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 12:43:17 PM »
Gave you a merit as the only person to reply.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
JCZ: Score the Farm - self merging fields

Started by danisthirty

11 Replies
Last post March 29, 2018, 11:22:32 AM
by Decar