Author Topic: Carcassonne is a game for many nations  (Read 2228 times)

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
Carcassonne is a game for many nations
« on: March 26, 2021, 02:22:46 AM »
These rules are published direct on mindok (publisher) web page. So I guess it's in print and will not changed. But as some "old C1 stuff" still in rules, their translator uses previous transations and not check rules ganes by HiG :( So there is issue, that player has to show tile to other players when he take if from stack. In C2 rules is not required (read: it is not written anywhere that player has to show).

I think this "issue" is going to be of little concern to casual Carcassonne players. It's hard to imagine anyone losing any sleep or having a game ruined over whether they should or shouldn't show their tile to their opponents before placing it. It's not like they're not going to see it anyway.

This was only one. For example in czech rules:
1. Abbey C2 still able to place when possible and wanted by player after placed last tile from stack
2. Fairy is not allowed to place next to Big Meeple, Wagon, Mayor etc. - this one is the best :D

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5146.0
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: Carcassonne is a game for many nations
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 02:26:46 AM »
Each licensed publisher is free to publish the rules for their region as they wish.  These differences are a decisions made by each license holder to best suite their customers.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 02:27:18 AM »
And also nothing to do with the anniversary expansion, so I'm splitting this topic.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 02:54:03 AM »
These rules are published direct on mindok (publisher) web page. So I guess it's in print and will not changed. But as some "old C1 stuff" still in rules, their translator uses previous transations and not check rules ganes by HiG :( So there is issue, that player has to show tile to other players when he take if from stack. In C2 rules is not required (read: it is not written anywhere that player has to show).

I think this "issue" is going to be of little concern to casual Carcassonne players. It's hard to imagine anyone losing any sleep or having a game ruined over whether they should or shouldn't show their tile to their opponents before placing it. It's not like they're not going to see it anyway.

1. Abbey C2 still able to place when possible and wanted by player after placed last tile from stack
2. Fairy is not allowed to place next to Big Meeple, Wagon, Mayor etc. - this one is the best :D

In that case I apologise. I hadn't realised that there were already plans to release Inns & Cathedrals, Princess & Dragon and Abbey & Mayor in a format that is compatible with these new UV tiles.

Offline PurpleMeeple

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 8
  • CII Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 02:52:41 AM »

In that case I apologise. I hadn't realised that there were already plans to release Inns & Cathedrals, Princess & Dragon and Abbey & Mayor in a format that is compatible with these new UV tiles.

It's starting to look like there may well have been plans already in place Dan!  ;)
PM
:violet-meeple:

It's all fun and games.. until you add The Tower expansion! ;-)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 03:15:36 AM »

It's starting to look like there may well have been plans already in place Dan!  ;)

If only I'd known. I feel so foolish! :-[
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 03:19:27 AM by danisthirty »

Offline PurpleMeeple

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 8
  • CII Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 05:21:06 AM »

If only I'd known. I feel so foolish! :-[
It’s starting to look like my comment, although a week later, may still have been too early emoji code57] only I could manage that emoji code1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Easter in Carcassonne PnP - Points after the game and how many eggs?

Started by corinthiens13

17 Replies
Last post March 21, 2021, 01:12:18 PM
by corinthiens13
xx
How many meeples can be placed one tile in a game - Challenge by LunarHexagon

Started by Bumsakalaka

10 Replies
Last post September 25, 2021, 04:21:55 AM
by Bumsakalaka
clip
How many tiles can be on one tile in a game.

Started by Bumsakalaka

2 Replies
Last post September 18, 2021, 06:04:54 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
how many mazes would be fun to use in a regular game of 1.5-2.5 hours

Started by avantar

5 Replies
Last post September 26, 2016, 11:34:35 AM
by Valheru
xx
Mega-Carcassonne how many base games