Author Topic: For sale :(  (Read 18088 times)

Offline harvster

• Vassal
  • Merit: 2
  • Human
    • View Profile
Re: For sale :(
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2013, 04:24:35 AM »
Although this isn't an auction site, neither is BGG and they allow auctions there. I'm happy to permit BGG-style auctions here because it limits exposure to members of these forums, who I think we'll all agree are the best people in the world. ;D

Neither Carcassonne Central nor anyone on the administrative team is responsible or liable for any transactions that members choose to engage in with each other. Please take appropriate precautions when buying on-line, and use a third-party payment service such as Paypal which includes purchase protection.

Like your thinking.

How do we know when the bidding is over?

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2013, 04:53:16 AM »
At CarcF we have also a forums section marketplace.
The member who starts a threat in marketplace has at least to post "now it is finished".

Then the moderators are closing the whole thread.

Offline wicke

• Authors
  • Count
  • Merit: 11
  • The Vikings will invade the South Seas
    • View Profile
    • Patrik's Page
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 01:50:28 AM »
Although this isn't an auction site, neither is BGG and they allow auctions there. I'm happy to permit BGG-style auctions here because it limits exposure to members of these forums, who I think we'll all agree are the best people in the world. ;D

Neither Carcassonne Central nor anyone on the administrative team is responsible or liable for any transactions that members choose to engage in with each other. Please take appropriate precautions when buying on-line, and use a third-party payment service such as Paypal which includes purchase protection.

I have nothing against auctions either but I just immediately saw problems with it here since two members posted interests for an item that already had gotten a 75 US dollar bid.
It just seemed difficult to hold an auction when it was apparent that the thread didn't follow an accurate auction procedure.
My website:
http://www.wikstromtree.org/
although the games page is yet to be started

Offline Cherry3

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2013, 08:20:59 AM »
Hi,

Sorry i have not been online much. I have sold all but the kornkreise 1 and the cathars. Current offer is 75$ on those each. But i am still having doubts whether to sell them or not.

Offline wicke

• Authors
  • Count
    • View Profile
    • Patrik's Page
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 03:10:02 AM »
Another reason against holding auctions here,
since the auctioneer can just change his mind and not sell.

Offline SirReel

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • What does the fox say?
    • View Profile
    • Want to learn what the Bible really teaches?
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2013, 05:48:42 AM »
Hi,

Sorry i have not been online much. I have sold all but the kornkreise 1 and the cathars. Current offer is 75$ on those each. But i am still having doubts whether to sell them or not.

What you had for sale changed so much I respectfuly withdraw all interest in your items

Offline wicke

• Authors
  • Count
    • View Profile
    • Patrik's Page
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2013, 02:25:14 PM »
Another reason not to hold auctions here, the first bidder wasn't even told about what happened with the sale.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2013, 03:51:32 AM »
Ah well. Things go as they go.

Though it may seem like this was an auction going thread, I had no purpose treating is as such. I merely wrote my interest and asked for shipping and got no response whatsoever. It is curteous to at least send a reply when someone is posting a comment on your thread.

That aside, my thrill to seek out the old expansions has faded away. It's awful that one cannot get the old expansions at fair prices these days and certainly there is no one to blame.

More likely, I will break my rule of only one copy of each expansion and just buy tiles by the thousands and build a world just for a few pictures to post.  :))

Regards,  :meeple:
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
For Sale: Carcassonne Gold Rush +Sheriff

Started by danisthirty

0 Replies
Last post February 27, 2024, 04:34:46 AM
by danisthirty
clip
attic sale

Started by oldbonz

35 Replies
Last post July 04, 2022, 11:46:01 PM