Author Topic: CCDL - Premiership Spring 2019  (Read 19272 times)

Offline JackFace

• Villein
  • Merit: 3
  • UK Champ 2018 - somehow!
    • View Profile
Re: CCDL - Premiership Spring 2019
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2019, 04:32:09 AM »
Sweet. Let’s do it!

Offline JackFace

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2019, 08:05:05 AM »
I’m free between now and 5.45pm GMT if anyone is around.

Offline JackFace

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2019, 01:44:33 PM »
Jackface 4 - Rosco 1

This felt like quite a tight game, with lots of our meeples trapped in a large incomplete cathedral city.
The cities in particular could've gone either way, with my final meeple placement giving me five points and the victory in that particular area.

Good game, and apologies for the long pause while I found some power for my flat battery.

Well played Rosco and good luck in the rest of the league.

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Merit: 25
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2019, 09:11:37 AM »
Hi All!

I have now come out of exile (hiding from Rosco) and have now put together the first Premiership League Table.

I have not had a chance to check this, so would be grateful if you could check your own scores and let me know if I have any bugs in my program (had to add an extra player to the spreadsheet, so it was untested).

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 09:14:09 AM by TheSteveAllen »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2019, 09:24:50 AM »
Thanks TheSteve. This looks mostly correct although it doesn't look as though your spreadsheet is adding the extra special bonus point I won for whatever it was I did in my game with Rosco. I've forgotten the details now but it was certain to have been both clever and crafty in equal measure.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2019, 02:07:56 AM »
Hey hey.

Apologies for not posting sooner, but I assumed Leven was going to do the write-up as he was the winner and that's kind of become the tradition. But anyway, this game went just as badly (for me) as my last game, with the final result being that Leven won everything apart from Farms (4 - 1):

I don't think this combination of expansions (Tunnels + Besiegers) made for an especially exciting game. The inclusion of Tunnels introduced the risk that if you had a meeple on an open-ended road then it could be permanently trapped in the event that your opponent draws a tunnel tile, places it at the end of the road and claims the tunnel. This was a risk that neither of us seemed prepared to take so road scoring was low. Other than this, my limited knowledge of Tunnels and the fact that it includes just 4 tiles meant that I didn't have a lot of interactions with them.

The other thing was that all of the Besiegers tiles seemed to come out early which reduced the significance of this expansion in the second half of the game.

The overall points winner of the game was undecided until the last couple of tiles where Leven needed the final ffff cloister to tie the main farm. I had a backup plan which involved joining another farmer of mine onto the field to retain my majority even in the event that Leven did draw the cloister he needed. However, he was able to mitigate this risk before I'd drawn the tile I needed to exploit it, and then drew the cloister he needed for 9 easy points and a tied farm.

Another tile that we both needed was the final cccf which I hoped I'd be able to use to join Leven's uncompleteable city to an adjacent besieged city rendering it worthless and reducing his final score by 10 (at risk of him utilising the cloister next to the besieger tile to get his meeple back if he so desired). However, this also went to Leven which allowed him to increase the value of his city and win himself another point for most city points in a game that was otherwise fairly even in this respect.

Thanks for the game Leven, and good luck with the rest of the competition! :(y)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 02:20:02 AM by danisthirty, Reason: Added Screenshots »

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2019, 02:12:33 AM »
Hey hey.

Apologies for not posting sooner, but I assumed Leven was going to do the write-up as he was the winner and that's kind of become the tradition. But anyway, this game went just as badly (for me) as my last game, with the final result being that Leven won everything apart from Farms (4 - 1).

I don't think this combination of expansions (Tunnels + Besiegers) made for an especially exciting game. The inclusion of Tunnels introduced the risk that if you had a meeple on an open-ended road then it could be permanently trapped in the event that your opponent draws a tunnel tile, places it at the end of the road and claims the tunnel. This was a risk that neither of us seemed prepared to take so road scoring was low. Other than this, my limited knowledge of Tunnels and the fact that it includes just 4 tiles meant that I didn't have a lot of interactions with them.

The other thing was that all of the Besiegers tiles seemed to come out early which reduced the significance of this expansion in the second half of the game.

The overall points winner of the game was undecided until the last couple of tiles where Leven needed the final ffff cloister to tie the main farm. I had a backup plan which involved joining another farmer of mine onto the field to retain my majority even in the event that Leven did draw the cloister he needed. However, he was able to mitigate this risk before I'd drawn the tile I needed to exploit it, and then drew the cloister he needed for 9 easy points and a tied farm.

Another tile that we both needed was the final cccf which I hoped I'd be able to use to join Leven's uncompleteable city to an adjacent besieged city rendering it worthless and reducing his final score by 10 (at risk of him utilising the cloister next to the besieger tile to get his meeple back if he so desired). However, this also went to Leven which allowed him to increase the value of his city and win himself another point for most city points in a game that was otherwise fairly even in this respect.

Thanks for the game Leven, and good luck with the rest of the competition! :(y)

Do you have the screen shots for me to do the league table please?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2019, 02:20:32 AM »
Do you have the screen shots for me to do the league table please?

Done! :(y)

Offline JackFace

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2019, 04:37:43 AM »
Anyone around tonight for a game?

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2019, 04:46:30 AM »
League table update. I believe that this includes all completed matches so far?

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2019, 01:57:28 PM »
:violet-meeple: Leven vs :green-meeple: JackFace 4:1

Jack and I missed each other at last year's world championship so now our first battle took place here at the Spring Divisional League.
I won the game by 50 points but that margin was almost entirely caused by my last tile which helped me to win a 24 point farm instead of losing it.

Jack suffered from meepleshortage for almost the whole game thanks to my cruel use of the tunnel chips (I trapped two of his followers that way), plus two other followers were stuck in an uncompletable city which later became worthless when I attached a cathedral to it. But even so, Jack was in the game, especially after a risky but successful attempt where he could join his big follower to the most valuable farm. Then he used his last follower to take the second largest farm as well but after that he had to play the last 5-6 turns without any meeple in supply (while I still had 4 including my big one). These final turns gave me enough opportunity to turn the game and with a little luck I could even win the large farm which explains the final point difference.
Thanks for the game, Jack, and good luck for your forthcoming games.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 02:00:30 PM by Leven »

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2019, 02:13:06 PM »
Apologies for not posting sooner, but I assumed Leven was going to do the write-up as he was the winner and that's kind of become the tradition.
Apologies for not posting the result right after the game as winner, my mistake.
Thanks for the excellent write-up.  :(y)

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2019, 02:29:25 AM »
League table update.

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2019, 03:12:45 PM »
JackFace and I started playing our game tonight, but unfortunately with about 26 tiles left the online server had had enough and decided we couldn't finish our game.
I'd been saving it periodically just in case we had an issue, but now I need to rely on someone performing some technical magic (if it's possible) and hopefully resume another night.
It's a real shame as it was shaping up to be a really tense finish - I was running low on meeples but had managed to finally get a foothold in the main farm (once Jack ran out of tower pieces).
Screenshot attached showing how things looked just before it crashed.

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2019, 02:20:42 PM »
Regular Scoring:
196 Jackface - Thodekey 175

TheSteveAllen ScoringSystem:
2 Jackface - Thodekey 3

Strange and intense game!  I placed more meeples in the beginning then I ought too and after Jackface added a cathedral to the city where my big follower was, he successfully tried to trap that meeple...leaving me on hoping to draw that one CFRF-tile and rather soon than later.  I was lucky!
Meanwhile, I succeeded in scoring long roads (one with an inn in the south) and completing 2 cloisters which gave me an advantage in those features.  Jackface had superiority over the farms. 
Leaving the fight for the cities and points difference open.  Once again, I succeeded in loosing by points due to the expansion I choose myself: Jackface collected 9 gold bars, I only had 2: resulting in a 25 points advantage for Jackface. 
Luckily again, I drew the last cathedral, avoiding it to be added to one of my many uncompleted cities which would have surely cost me the overhand in the city points.
Jackface made an almost fruitful attempt to complete 2 cloisters in the last part of the game...coming only 1 point too short to succeed.

To conclude (1): I leaded the entire game on points but I never had the feeling I would win because Jackface was outsmarting me with his tile placement for a large part of the game. 
To conclude (2): gold doesn't love me at all but apart from that, I surely had the feeling luck was on my side.

I wish you the best in the games to come/complete, Jackface and thank you for the fun game.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
CCDL - Championship Spring 2019

Started by TheSteveAllen

12 Replies
Last post April 08, 2019, 05:55:49 AM
by TheSteveAllen
clip
CCDL - Premiership Winter 2018

Started by TheSteveAllen

97 Replies
Last post February 18, 2019, 03:08:31 PM
by danisthirty
xx
CCDL - Summer 2019

Started by TheSteveAllen

38 Replies
Last post November 11, 2019, 05:04:56 PM
by JackFace
xx
Traveling to GERMANY-ITALY-BELGIUM-AUSTRIA this spring. Looking for Suggestions.

Started by Bixby

20 Replies
Last post May 29, 2013, 08:01:44 PM
by Big Guy
xx
Spring and Summer 2017 Predictions and Wishes from Cundco

Started by Ry4Christ

16 Replies
Last post June 01, 2017, 06:16:46 AM
by Just a Bill