Author Topic: Istanbul  (Read 2406 times)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Istanbul
« on: April 10, 2016, 04:57:58 AM »
I posted recently, I want to play it a bit more, before opening a thread for it, but made up my mind, after finding this comprehensive "Drive Thru Review":

Personally, I played it three times to date, once with the "introductory setup" 4 players, once with random setup 4 players, once with random setup 3 players. It's a game easy to get into, yet with seemingly different ways to win, which are better or worse, depending on the layout, so the game is not lacking depth. It was received well by everybody, I played with (the two opponents from the 3 player game have been different then the ones from the 4 player game), and the components are also beautiful, to everybody's agree, I was playing with. There is also already an expansion out (no surprise to a "Kennerspiel des Jahres"), and another one will be releases soon.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2609.0

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
Re: Istanbul
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 02:51:10 PM »
I enjoy this game.  If I didn't already have too many, I'd get it.  I've played the expansion once, and liked it, but probably need to play it a few more times before I know for sure.
Flee the fleas.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
Re: Istanbul
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 10:22:42 PM »
I've got it on my 'considering' list, but at the moment there are too many other games on my 'want' list!

Edit: I rewatched the Drive Thru Review (again: my favourite YouTube reviewer) and I added it back to my 'want' list! Not sure when I'll get around to getting it though. I think it's fair to say the Oxford meetup has consumed most of my board game funds for this month!!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 02:22:44 AM by jungleboy »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Istanbul Review

Started by karkids

7 Replies
Last post December 01, 2016, 05:39:34 AM
by jungleboy