Author Topic: 2017 Basegame League - Round 3  (Read 9027 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
2017 Basegame League - Round 3
« on: February 13, 2017, 03:33:08 PM »
ROUND 3

Start date: Now! Well, in about half an hour anyway as it's not quite midnight yet... (14th February 2017)
End date: 28th February 2017 - any matches not played by the end of this date will be forfeited... :( :(n)
(parent thread)

Match 17: maedac vs. Rosco (2 - 0 to Rosco)
Match 18: Jere vs. Leven (2 - 0 to Jéré)
Match 19: glh510 vs. What If? (tie)
Match 20: Adrornalin vs. Rich_The_Fish (tie)
Match 21: khalidqasrawi vs. MrNumbers (2-0 to MrNumbers)
Match 22: Hounk vs. Merlin_89 (2-0 to Merlin_89)
Match 23: Chooselife vs. Halfling (2-0 to Chooselife)
Match 24: danisthirty vs. TheSteveAllen (2-0 to danisthirty)

Please use this thread to post scores, screenshots and post-match reports. Good luck everyone!

EDIT: Good luck anyone guessing how these matches are going to turn out as there are some incredible clashes taking place! Don't forget to PM me with your predictions if you'd like to have a go...

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3172.0
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 02:26:21 PM by danisthirty »

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Basegame League - Round 3
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 01:49:46 PM »
My duel vs Leven will on Monday 20th at 21:00.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 03:48:05 PM »
My duel vs Leven will on Monday 20th at 21:00.

How much are tickets?

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 01:22:08 PM »
Chooselife 2 - 0 Halfling

Chooselife started the first game and got a small lead which I pegged back before going behind again and so it continued.  The theme of the double-header was cloister management.  I got only 1 in the first game whilst Chooselife gained and completed his 5. A farming battle started early and I had a meeple trapped in a city.  I glommed into a bigger Chooselife city making it impossible to finish and unfortunately I then ignored it.  Chooselife glommed in a second with few tiles remaining and I was slain.

Straight into the second match and I was mentally fuming at my oversight.  Within 10 tiles I had 7 meeples on the board of which 3 were stuck in cloisters and 2 in a city I had to lose 3 meeples to 2 if Chooselife got the CCCC tile.  He did and I was dead and buried.  Half hearted attempts at winning the farms was too little too late.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 05:30:49 AM by Halfling »
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 02:56:51 PM »
MrNumbers vs. khalidqasrawi
Game 1: 89:78
Game 2: 105:104

In the first game Khalid waited for cccr tile almost for the whole game, but both remaining tiles were drawn by me. Khalid won the battle for the main farm, but that cost him many meeples, so during last ~10 tiles he was out of them, besides I was able to build my own farm, not worse than the main one.
Second game was very tense, Khalid was able to share big north city with me (at the same time trapping my other meeple), connect to my long road, and then we both waited for the last ffrr tile: I wanted to connect my 3-point farmer, and my opponent - his upper one. With 5 tiles left in the bag this tile came to Khalid, and I was thinking the game was over. But then I counted remaining tiles and found out that I still have a chance to win! I placed south farmer and waited. Khalid drew ccff (splitter) as his last tile, I he also knew that ccff (normal) tile is coming for me. In that particular moment I just whispered: "take that 4-point city, take that 4-point city". And that is what Khalid did! But if he would take unfinished upper city instead, it would be a tie!
Interesting, that this is at least second time when I won from Khalid by 1 point. Previous one was during Tower league :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 04:33:16 AM by MrNumbers »
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Merlin_89

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 03:40:35 PM »
This time I finished playing Round games a little bit earlier...

Game 1: 113 Merlin_89 :yellow-meeple: (Home match) - Hounk :black1-meeple: 98
Game 2: 49 Hounk :black1-meeple: (Home match) - Merlin_89 :yellow-meeple: 113

I was surprised when I looked at it, but both games, I finished with result of 113, crazy right?

First game was quite competitive, I had an early lead, but Hounk waited with a few uncompleted cities... he needed certain tiles, but he got them in time, my score advantage became minimal, Hounk was in control of main farm... Thankfully, I scored enough with last 10 tiles, and it was enough for me to win.

Second one was more straightforward. I blocked two of Hounk's meeples early, and I scored a lot on completing my cities. My lead was significant, and Hounk wasn't near enough to close that gap.

Thanks pal for this Round, and good luck in future rounds!

Offline glh510

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 08:29:03 AM »
What If, may you could have a look into your private messages here in the forum  :(y)  ;)

Offline glh510

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 12:56:07 PM »
Game 1: 97 GLH510  :green-meeple:  (Home match) - WhatIf :black1-meeple: 93
Game 2: 109 WhatIf  :red-meeple: (Home match) - GLH510 :green-meeple: 95

First game was quite competitive. Hard fight for some large cities. Then within the last few tiles i reached a draw at the main farm. 

Second one . Early blocked a meeple but one side was still open, so WhatIf added all the crap tiles there. I got all cloisters but missed the main farm (was blocked right before i draw the tile needed, but even with a draw there I would had 1 point to few)

Thanks for this Round!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 03:34:48 PM »
TheSteveAllen and I played our match this evening. The final result was a 2 - 0 win to me...

I started game 1 and felt very fortunate with a good mix of tiles that mostly seemed to arrive exactly when I needed them. Steve played some good moves too, but despite tying the main farm with me I had built up too much of a lead and had trapped too many of his meeples for him to make a full comeback.

Final score: danisthirty :blue-meeple: (107) - (66) :green-meeple: TheSteveAllen

The 2nd game felt a lot closer throughout. I struggled with meeples for much of the game whereas Steve always seemed to have at least 2 or 3 in his hand. We both had our fair share of luck, good and bad, but I could feel the game slipping away from me as we got closer to the end and was mostly powerless to stop it. Fortunately I'd claimed the main farm early on and had a couple of farmers on nearby but not quite merged farms. On my last tile of the game I had two options: merge one of my extra farmers onto the main farm, or add 2 points to an incomplete city. I was very tempted to go for the city as Steve didn't have any presence on the big farm at that point, but I was glad I chose to merge the farms as Steve's final tile allowed him to join one of his own farmers onto it too. He went ahead with this anyway, even though it meant his farmer became worthless/ outnumbered in the process, but I was satisfied that I'd made the right decision as it would have narrowed my win to just 2 points otherwise...

Final score: TheSteveAllen :violet-meeple: (115) - (124) :blue-meeple: danisthirty

Many thanks for the games Steve, and for being such a gracious opponent. Good luck with the rest of the league! :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 03:19:29 PM by danisthirty »

Offline khalidqasrawi

• Duke
  • Merit: 9
  • Never deplete - always complete
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 07:37:36 AM »

Interesting, that this is at least second time when I won from Khalid by 1 point. Previous one was during Tower league :)

Sad, very sad.
:(

Well played MrNumbers.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 06:33:37 AM »
KNOCK KNOCK!

This is just a gentle reminder that the end of this round is the end of next Tuesday. I heard from Rich_The_Fish and Jere who have assured me that everything is on track and that matches 18 and 20 will indeed be played before then.

I've also heard from maedac/ Marcos who is struggling to get hold of Rosco. Please let us know when you can play Rosco, otherwise the match will be forfeited... :'( :(n)

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 01:41:07 PM »
Adror v Rich_The_Fish (Game 2)

Adror              :yellow-meeple: 93 (starting player)
Rich_The_Fish   :red-meeple: 97

This was our second game (Adror will post details of the first shortly). I was beginning to think that red was my unlucky colour, but I was determined to learn from my previous games in this and previous rounds so didn't rush ahead in placing my meeples early and was more cautious to try and prevent them from getting trapped. The game progressed pretty fairly, with scores being pretty even (although I was a little envious when Adror drew 2 clositers and could place them with virtually finished). I honestly thought that I'd lost this game though as it drew to a close - I'd taken a gamble on trying to get a second farmer in the main (centre) farm but it didn't pay off and then Adror claimed the unoccupied SW and SE farmers. However, despite being unable to finish my main city (typically my penultimate tile was the one I needed, but it was 1 turn too late) I guess things were just meant to be this time - I was somewhat surprised with the final score, just managing to sneak the win. Thanks very much for the games Adror and sorry for being a few mins late (thankfully my technical issues didn't resurface).

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
  • Merit: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 01:54:49 PM »
np Rich I wasnt in time aswell. thanks for the games. here is the result of the first game with Rich as the starting player and Adrornalin as the winning player ; ) Rich spend all of his meeples nearly after one third of the game, so I could build on things without risk because 4 of his meeples were trapped. I wasnt intending that before, but it just happened somewhat. second game was always even but in the end I couldnt manage to close the little gap in points because I had to spend my second to last tile for not letting Rich finish his big city.

looking forward to round 4!

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
2017 Basegame League - Round 3
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 06:07:00 AM »
After many adventures, Leven and I managed to play our 1st game.

Some highlights:
We played the game in about 75 minutes, which is 45 min longer than the allocated time in official tournaments (ie. 30min).
I think all monasteries were played in the first half of the game, and we created a cluster of cloisters.
I won the main field (33 pts) but came close to lose it (or at least have to share it) because I never got the RFRF road I needed to connect 2 additional farmers.
Biggest city was completed by Leven for 20 pts.

Final score:
Jéré (starting player): 113
Leven:                           80

Next game is (currently) scheduled tomorrow.

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2017, 03:06:32 PM »
Second game vs Leven:

Jéré :                              90
Leven (starting player): 81

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
2017 Basegame League - Round 6

Started by danisthirty

19 Replies
Last post April 21, 2017, 07:15:36 AM
by danisthirty
xx
2017 Basegame League - Round 8

Started by danisthirty

40 Replies
Last post May 17, 2017, 12:38:28 PM