Author Topic: Dragon Rage V2  (Read 6046 times)

Offline Singing Dwarf

• Villein
  • Merit: 1
  • Keep Calm and Carcassonne!
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Rage V2
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2018, 05:55:43 AM »
HiG usually work on an annual cycle rather than a weekly one.

I'd be surprised to see any answers before 2019.

Annual cycle for what, customer support!?

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2018, 06:08:43 AM »
Until the community is given a short time to ask questions about the state of the game and other important rule clarifications.

It seems in recent years that HiG prefer to only focus on their major expansions and allow mini expansions to only interact with the base game.  They are a small time and needs to focus on lots of projects.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2020, 12:59:22 PM »
Dear all,

After contrasting the C2 P&D rules by ZMG with the ones published by HiG (German version on CarcF) and Devir (Spanish/Portuguese version on paper), it seems clear to me that the intended turn sequence when moving the dragon is as follows:
1. Placing a Tile: you place the dragon tile
2. Placing a Meeple: you place a meeple (or move the fairy) if you want to.
1b. Moving the dragon:the players move the dragon
3. Scoring a feature: you score any features completed, if any.

In separate discussion with Black Bear about the French rules and Murphy013 about the German rules, they confirmed the same.

Note: I cannot understand why HiG numbered as 1b the dragon movement phase in the first place. Shouldn't it be renamed to 2b at least? If anyone knows the rationale behind it, please let me know.

So there is no rules change here. The turn sequence is the same as in C1 by HiG and ZMG (RGG mistranslation doesn't count here ;)).

I also checked some C2 P&D reviews in French by FredTheFred and by Olaf78800 available at BGG (see following link) and they follow the turn sequence above.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/15158/carcassonne-expansion-3-princess-dragon/videos/all

So I think that only players using the rules by ZMG were the ones scratching their heads with this matter as shown in this topic.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2020, 02:07:23 PM »
If you want more details:

The volcano English rules:

(1)
The Volcano (6 tiles): Volcano tiles are placed exactly like those in the base game, except you may not place a meeple on a Volcano tile. You may, however, move the fairy after placing a Volcano tile (see page 5). Place the dragon on the newly placed Volcano tile. Then it is the next player's turn.

No issue with this. I just highlighted in red the part addressing what you could do in phase 2. Placing a Meeple.

Please check the English rules:

(2E)
The Dragon (12 tiles): Dragon tiles are placed exactly like those in the base game. Unlike Volcano tiles, you are allowed to place a meeple on a Dragon tile. Then... the dragon moves!

and German rules (+translation)

(2G)
Der Drache (12 Plättchen): Sobald du ein Plättchen mit einem Drachen ziehst, legst du es wie gewohnt an und darfst einen Meeple darauf setzen. Dann wird das Spiel kurz unterbrochen: Der Drache zieht!
-->
The Dragon (12 tiles): As soon as you draw a tile with a dragon, you place it as usual and may place a Meeple on it. Then the game is briefly interrupted: The dragon moves!

Again I highlighted in red the part addressing what you could do in phase 2. Placing a Meeple.

IMHO the misinterpretation in English comes from reading the sentence in red in Quote (2E) as a clarification (meeples are allowed on the dragon tile) instead of as a action you execute before moving the dragon, what is crystal clear in German Quote (2G). The clarification in red in Quote (1) may contribute to this interpretation too.

Offline Murphy013

• Marquis
  • Merit: 36
  • Tempus fugit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2020, 03:24:06 PM »
Hi,

To avoid any confusion in future my suggestion is to relabel the section from 1b to 2b.
Hopefully Asmodee will do not the same failures like zmg.

Best

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2020, 11:59:04 PM »
Renaming done of course!  8)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
when move the dragon?in the expansion princess and dragon

Started by davide

3 Replies
Last post August 29, 2020, 05:41:41 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Moving the dragon

Started by coldhands

13 Replies
Last post April 29, 2020, 08:32:47 PM