Author Topic: 2017 Basegame League - Round 5  (Read 9159 times)

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Merit: 25
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Basegame League - Round 5
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 03:50:10 PM »
Rich_The_Fish and I played our games tonight and they were both real nail-biters. The first game was:-

TheSteveAllen  :green-meeple: 101 : Rich_The_Fish  :blue-meeple: 97

This has to be the strangest game that I have played in that all the road and field tiles came out first, leaving us with a situation where farmers were almost redundant, as each field only contained one city, so it was not worth wasting a meeple on going for 3 points. In the end, the fields opened out slightly and I won that battle by a massive 12 points to 9!!

The second game was equally close, but Rich is going to report on that one, I believe.

The score, however, for the record, was;

Rich_The_Fish  :yellow-meeple: 97 : TheSteveAllen  :green-meeple: 92

Thanks for both games Rich and best of luck in your future games in this league.

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2017, 05:26:14 PM »
Hounk and I played 3 league games this evening, two of them in the basegame league and one in the BC&B league.
Here are the results of the basegame league games:

:violet-meeple: Leven vs :green-meeple: Hounk 77:55

:green-meeple: Hounk vs :violet-meeple: Leven 55:91

Quite similar games with low scores, the final point differences don't really reflect how close these actually were throughout the whole games.
I could win the farm battle in both games thanks to Hounk's trapped followers, and it decided everything.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 05:29:02 PM by Leven »

Offline Merlin_89

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 02:49:31 PM »
I was nervous before that round... MrNumbers!

90  :red-meeple: MrNumbers (Home game) - Merlin_89  :yellow-meeple: 91
96 :yellow-meeple: Merlin_89 (Home game) - MrNumbers  :red-meeple: 62

First game. I started quite good, I scored a lot of small things (especially roads), I had moderate advantage over MrNumbers. I played quickly, and then BUUUM! In matter of seconds (and tiles) he finished big city, and he went ahead in points... He played smarter game on field, and I was in deep trouble. I connected few farmers, but I was lucky in the end, and that's why I had won. MrNumbers could have connected East farm if last 2 tiles went differently... And secondly he apparently made mistake with counting tiles, that's why he went for small city on the West, and then he couldn't finish it, otherwise he would put that meeple for better use.

Second game. I started better prepared, I started to count tiles from the get go! I couldn't give this away... And things went my way! I scored lots of small-medium things... And I managed to make MrNumber's game harder, I blocked or limited his chances to complete in few places... and at one point he was empty-handed with meeples. Important thing happend on farms, MrNumbers went for southern farm with 6 points, and it was rather big mistake because it ended as 6 points farm (I limited its chances to grow), and MrNumbers was unable to connect it with the other one. I owned that, and it was good investment, MrNumbers had to fight for it, but it's hard to tie a farm when you have fewer meeples. Still, he nearly tied it, I got it with my last tile...

Thanks MrNumbers for very competitive Round, and good luck with rest of the LEAGUE!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 02:54:43 PM by Merlin_89 »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2017, 01:14:58 AM »
Thanks to everyone who has played their games. Congratulations to the winners, commiserations to the losers, and a little bit of both to those who ended up with a tie! ;)

The only match outstanding is What If? vs. Marcos. I have been in touch with both players via PM but haven't heard anything back from Marcos since the round began. I'm not sure why. Marcos, please can you either post here or respond to me or What If? with some times of when you would be able to play your match? It's getting a bit short notice now (round finishes at the end of tomorrow) so please treat this as a priority as far as possible!

Good luck to both players...

Offline What If?

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 12
  • Carcasstoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2017, 02:03:45 PM »
I am sorry to say that I have had no reply from Marcos and can only presume he is out of it for this round, at least. What did you to him in the previous rounds?
Maybe I shouldn´t buy kathars, what would I do next?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2017, 01:42:19 AM »
I am sorry to say that I have had no reply from Marcos and can only presume he is out of it for this round, at least. What did you to him in the previous rounds?

No. I had no response from him either. I'm sorry that you weren't able to get any games in this round What If? Thanks for trying to make it happen.

This is the first forfeited match so no precedent has been set yet. I will update later.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2017, 04:18:46 AM »
Yo dudes, and thanks everyone for another exhilarating round! Funny to go from 7 ties in round 4 to just 2 ties in round 5 but that’s just Carcassonne I suppose and it looks like there were some great games played! I hope everyone has enjoyed their experience so far.

It’s disappointing that we’ve also had our first forfeited match which I’ve ruled in favour of What If? as marcos didn’t respond to any of my PMs or emails, and apparently What If?s attempts were met with the same response (or lack thereof) so it was pretty clear cut in this case. Therefore, the result of match 33 is 2 points for What If? and 0 for marcos. I’m sorry that you didn’t get to play a match this round What If?...

Here are the final standings after round 5:

And the stats:

2422 total points won this round is low mostly because 2 games didn't happen. And in terms of start player win ratio it's 64.29% wins and 35.71% losses for whichever player went first...

Round 6 coming soon is here!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 08:31:57 AM by danisthirty »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
2017 Basegame League - Round 1

Started by danisthirty

44 Replies
Last post February 02, 2017, 02:18:59 AM
by danisthirty
xx
2017 Basegame League - Round 3

Started by danisthirty

21 Replies
Last post March 01, 2017, 01:53:18 PM