Author Topic: Questions  (Read 77631 times)

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
Re: Questions
« Reply #405 on: December 28, 2020, 01:58:36 AM »
Hmm. I remember previous discussion that meeple on watchtower means only on feature witch are detached watchtower. And meeple gets watchtower bonus only if feature on which is staying is finished.
Example was meeple on road detached to watchtower and question was if meeple get watchtower bonus if city is finished.
Answer was NO, because meeple not staying on finished feature. There were also comparison with original German rules.
Now meeple on bridge which is not detached to watchtower is getting watchtower bonus? It has no sense.
If I remember garden under bridge is not counted to Toll keepers because of bridge. 
Anyway meeple on bridge is not on watchtower. He can't get any bonus.

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku
You didn’t understand the rules... Watchtower is an EXTRA BONUS that affects roads or cities of the tile (bridge is a road on the tile). The design of the tiles doesn’t matter. Doesn’t matter if you are close or so far of the watchtower (if you are on the tile). This isn’t scoring bonus, important this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #406 on: December 28, 2020, 04:33:47 AM »
Well, he adds C1 version to explain what I'm saying before...
But If C1 conversion doesn't exist I think that you still wouldn't change your opinion...
That's not halfling science...

I am sorry if you thought I had a strong opinion that I couldn't change... I didn't mean that  :-\ . Like I said in previous posts:
it [the watchtower] affects "the feature (city or road) on that tile". So I'm not sure how to consider it with bridges. Should we consider a bridge as "the feature on that tile" or not?
[...]
To me it seems more logical to interpret the watchtowers to be part of the third category, but I may be wrong...
I had an opinion, but always kept it as an open question, sorry for not making that clear enough. We can discuss rules and opinions gently  ;)

For me, it isn't the C1 version that made any difference, but the fact that HiG approved its rules.

Hmm. I remember previous discussion that meeple on watchtower means only on feature witch are detached watchtower. And meeple gets watchtower bonus only if feature on which is staying is finished.
Example was meeple on road detached to watchtower and question was if meeple get watchtower bonus if city is finished.
Answer was NO, because meeple not staying on finished feature. There were also comparison with original German rules.
Now meeple on bridge which is not detached to watchtower is getting watchtower bonus? It has no sense.
If I remember garden under bridge is not counted to Toll keepers because of bridge. 

I think this list on WICA (expansion 8 ) makes it clear how to consider different types of bonuses:
Scoring modifiers, scoring bonuses and actions affecting a road network will also affect a bridge connected to it:
  • Inns (Exp. 1 - Inns & Cathedrals)
  • Mage (Mini #5 - Mage and Witch)
  • Witch (Mini #5 - Mage and Witch)
  • Solovei Razboynik actions (Russian Promos)
  • German castles (Castles in Germany)
  • German cathedrals (Cathedrals in Germany)
  • Bathhouses (The Barber-Surgeons)
  • Labyrinth bonus (The Labyrinths)
  • Wainwrights quarter bonus (The Markets of Leipzig)

Scoring bonuses and actions affecting a tile will also affect a bridge placed on that tile:
  • Dragon eating figures (Exp. 3 - The Princess and the Dragon)
  • Fairy protection (Exp. 3 - The Princess and the Dragon)
  • Watchtower bonus (The Watchtowers): meeples on bridges may trigger the bonus and have to be considered for the watchtower scoring for meeples.
  • Gold pieces (Mini #4 - The Goldmines)
  • Little buildings (Little Buildings)
  • Vodyanoy action (Russian Promos)

Scoring bonuses and actions affecting locally printed roads on a tile by proximity (the feature must be on the road) or connectivity (the feature must be connected to the road) will not affect bridges passing over the tile automatically:
  • Inns (Exp. 1 - Inns & Cathedrals)
  • German castles (Castles in Germany)
  • Features considered by tollhouses (The Tollkeepers)
  • Solovei Razboynik action (Russian Promos)

The previous posts were discussing where to put a watchtower in that list, but apparently it's in the 2nd part, not the third even if that seemed more logical to me  ;)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 04:35:24 AM by corinthiens13 »

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 28, 2020, 07:13:31 AM »

I really do appreciate the scholarship involved here but it's thematically disturbing images like this that remind me why I'm not a completionist!!  :yellow-meeple:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 07:15:29 AM by cicerunner »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 28, 2020, 07:53:52 AM »
Ha ha ha!

You have to imagine the watchtower is higher that the bridge...  ;D
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 28, 2020, 08:30:29 AM »

I really do appreciate the scholarship involved here but it's thematically disturbing images like this that remind me why I'm not a completionist!!  :yellow-meeple:
The only disturbing here is the C2 version hahaha

Enviado desde St. Meeple Hospital

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #410 on: December 28, 2020, 08:31:19 AM »

You didn’t understand the rules... Watchtower is an EXTRA BONUS that affects roads or cities of the tile (bridge is a road on the tile). The design of the tiles doesn’t matter. Doesn’t matter if you are close or so far of the watchtower (if you are on the tile). This isn’t scoring bonus, important this!

Well. Look here: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4750.msg69716#msg69716
It was exact example, and I received answer, that Black meeple not get bonus from watchtower because of rules:
The :black1-meeple: meeple is on the watchtower but won't score any points for the watchtower until the feature it occupies is completed. That meeple may get the watchtower bonus only once, since it will removed after scoring the watchtower bonus and the road.

I'm not so good in german but german rules says:
Wenn die Straße oder die Stadt eines Meeple auf einem Wachturm-Plättchen abgeschlossen wird, wertest du zuerst den Wachturm und dann die abgeschlossene Straße oder Stadt.

That is not correct. "eines Meeple" means "of a meeple". It is the German genitiv, which implies ownership. The meeple 'owns' the city or street in the German sentence. It should be interpreted that the meeple is present on that road or city.
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 28, 2020, 08:43:06 AM »

Well. Look here: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4750.msg69716#msg69716
It was exact example, and I received answer, that Black meeple not get bonus from watchtower because of rules:
The :black1-meeple: meeple is on the watchtower but won't score any points for the watchtower until the feature it occupies is completed. That meeple may get the watchtower bonus only once, since it will removed after scoring the watchtower bonus and the road.

I'm not so good in german but german rules says:
Wenn die Straße oder die Stadt eines Meeple auf einem Wachturm-Plättchen abgeschlossen wird, wertest du zuerst den Wachturm und dann die abgeschlossene Straße oder Stadt.

That is not correct. "eines Meeple" means "of a meeple". It is the German genitiv, which implies ownership. The meeple 'owns' the city or street in the German sentence. It should be interpreted that the meeple is present on that road or city.

Mmm I see that you don’t want to accept the bonus of the watchtower once on the feature of the meeple of the tile hahaha But as you say you can make house rules because HiG didn’t say anything about it. It’s all about logical about the mini expansion and his rules...

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #412 on: December 28, 2020, 09:17:44 AM »
Mmm I see that you don’t want to accept the bonus of the watchtower once on the feature of the meeple of the tile hahaha But as you say you can make house rules because HiG didn’t say anything about it. It’s all about logical about the mini expansion and his rules...

This is not true ;-) When you check this topic, I started it with this picture:

Hi, here is example and I'm not sure if it's correct.
1. Black meaple is not road on watchtower.
2. Yellow will finish town on watchtower tile
Is this correct crosing?
1. Yellow get 4 points for city
2. Black get 2 points per city per tile on watch
3. Black stays on tile and wait for finish road on which he stays or road before him.
- so black can score watchtower tripple times.

Answer was that not. Watchtower bonus is only for meeple which stays on finished feature detatched to watchtower.

So now I'm confused, because it's 180° turn in rules explenation ;-)

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 28, 2020, 12:03:50 PM »

Answer was that not. Watchtower bonus is only for meeple which stays on finished feature detatched to watchtower.

So now I'm confused, because it's 180° turn in rules explenation ;-)

According to today's discussions, the city or road do not have to be directly connected to the watchtower, but it still have to be completed. This include a meeple on a bridge on a watchtower tile when the road is completed, but not the black meeple you mentioned.

So, to reword it correctly, a watchtower is affecting any meeple on the whole tile AND on a completed city or road.

Unless I misunderstood the whole thing, there is no contradiction with the clarifications you got in august?

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #414 on: December 28, 2020, 12:28:15 PM »
Understood.
Now it's clear.

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #415 on: December 29, 2020, 08:01:21 PM »
The tile with ferry was placed by Blue player in a previous turn. Now it is Red's turn. Red place the tile with pigsty. Then Red moves the ferry. Does Red receives a double turn for builder?
I translate WikiCarpedia in Romanian (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page/ro). I have 47,200+ edits at WICA. My WICA user page: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/User:NGC_54. Romanian translation of WICA: https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Special:LanguageStats?language=ro&x=D#sortable:3=desc.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 30, 2020, 01:02:18 AM »
[249.] The tile with ferry was placed by Blue player in a previous turn. Now it is Red's turn. Red place the tile with pigsty. Then Red moves the ferry. Does Red receives a double turn for builder?

Extending the road with a new tile would grant Red a double turn in 1. Placing a tile. If later in 2. Placing a meeple, the ferry moves and the road segment on the tile just placed is disconnected from Red's meeple and builder, it doesn't matter because the double turn was already granted.

You can revisit the rules for the builder and double turns here:
https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Traders_and_Builders#1._Placing_a_tile_and_getting_a_double_turn

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 30, 2020, 01:09:51 AM »
[249.] The tile with ferry was placed by Blue player in a previous turn. Now it is Red's turn. Red place the tile with pigsty. Then Red moves the ferry. Does Red receives a double turn for builder?

Extending the road with a new tile would grant Red a double turn in 1. Placing a tile. If later in 2. Placing a meeple, the ferry moves and the road segment on the tile just placed is disconnected from Red's meeple and builder, it doesn't matter because the double turn was already granted.

You can revisit the rules for the builder and double turns here:
https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Traders_and_Builders#1._Placing_a_tile_and_getting_a_double_turn
Hahahaha emoji code48]

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 02, 2021, 01:20:11 PM »
When going accross the game reference page on WICA, selecting all expansions, I came accross this action, at the end of the game, when there is no tiles left:

3.Extra Abbey Round
If any abbey tiles have not been placed, proceed with one more round to allow all players to place them

Where do this rule come from? I find it really interesting, but I couldn't find it in the Abbey & Mayor expansion page (rules and footnotes), and also not in the order of play.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 02, 2021, 02:18:49 PM »
[250.] When going accross the game reference page on WICA, selecting all expansions, I came accross this action, at the end of the game, when there is no tiles left:

3.Extra Abbey Round
If any abbey tiles have not been placed, proceed with one more round to allow all players to place them

Where do this rule come from? I find it really interesting, but I couldn't find it in the Abbey & Mayor expansion page (rules and footnotes), and also not in the order of play.

The following paragraph was included in the rulebooks of Big Box 2 and Big Box 3 when explaining the placement of an abbey tile:

If one or more players have not yet placed their Abbey tiles when the last landscape tile is drawn and placed, they may now do so, if possible, in clockwise order starting from the left of the person who placed the last tile. Then, the game ends.

The standalone rules did not include this in either C1 or C2, but the CAR v7.4 includes this ruling (see page 58) and so it is included in WICA for C1 and it was also added to C2.

If HiG releases another Big Box with Exp. 5 for C2, we will see if they keep it. There is no similar rule for Halflings or German castles.  ;)

This was included in my list of questions for HiG...  >:D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 02:20:21 PM by Meepledrone »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
Some questions about the Gingerbread Man

Started by emanuele

3 Replies
Last post April 23, 2015, 01:22:31 PM
by obervet
xx
Questions about Advent Quiz

Started by Rosco

17 Replies
Last post December 18, 2017, 05:11:57 AM