Author Topic: Minis League: Final round  (Read 15361 times)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
Minis League: Final round
« on: September 25, 2017, 01:11:30 PM »
[almost] All group games are complete, and we have to play the final round!
Previously, after one player's proposal, I stated that during final round we will have 3 groups of 6 players each. But given the current situation with lack of players in some groups and other considerations, I decided to return to previous scheme, when each group's players play with their opponents from other groups with same finishing position.
So, we will have 6 groups with 3 players each, except one group. F6 group has only one player since other two players left/disqualified from the tournament. That is why Rosco automatically gets 16th place from 18 players. Everyone else must play exactly 2 games (with other players from his group) and it will determine the final rankings.

F1
danisthirty
Merlin_89
Adrornalin

F2
Leven
JoeSesquipedalian
Jéré

F3
thodekey
khalidqasrawi
TheSteveAllen

F4
MrNumbers
Piet_Agoras
What If?

F5
Chooselife
ny1050220
ARabidMeerkat

F6
Rosco

Publish all results here.
Deadline for this stage is 3 weeks (which should be more than enough for two games). So 16.10 is the deadline.
Good luck! :(y)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3557.0
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Minis League: Final round
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 02:39:40 PM »
F6
Rosco

:(

Good luck in your group Rosco! That looks challenging...

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 02:50:51 PM »
F5
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
  • Merit: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 04:55:55 AM »
Hello Merlin and Dan,
let me know when you will be available for last round in tournament. I am free most of the time from today til Tuesday.
cheers,
Adror

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 08:04:57 AM »
Hello Merlin and Dan,
let me know when you will be available for last round in tournament. I am free most of the time from today til Tuesday.
cheers,
Adror

Yo! Would tomorrow evening be an ok time for you Adror?

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 01:37:54 PM »
Yep, Monday evening sounds good.

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 09:59:29 AM »
I am in the chat room in two hours, 9pm german time zone, 8pm uk.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 11:33:26 AM »
I will be there as soon as I have got the kids to go to sleep.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 12:14:59 PM »
I can't reach the IRC chat but I am aavailable on slackchat and I am in the JCZ online server...

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 12:35:01 PM »
I'm guessing something must be wrong as I can't seem to find you anywhere and it doesn't look like your lurking anywhere in the forums either.

Will have to catch you another time. Sorry to have missed you...

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 01:21:39 PM »
We played!

Final scores were 184 - 97 to me. Screenshot and report to follow.

Sorry for your bad luck Adror. Or more particularly for my good luck: 7 gold bars in one go must be a record!

EDIT:
Adror started and won a 4-point city with a CCRR splitter from M & W. Obviously he put the witch on the unclaimed city and obviously I drew a city cap for my first tile! Still, it was an easy two points so I went for it but quickly felt like I was on the back foot as the game began to open out. My concerns were confirmed when Adror drew the first Goldminers tile and closed a short road for a few points plus two gold bars, but things began to change soon afterwards...

About a dozen or so tiles later I'd managed to close down Adror's lead from a couple of small cities, and had started a slightly awkward road with my first Goldminers tile. Adror wasn't going to let me keep it to myself though, and for the next few turns, both of us placed tiles in this area as we fought for control. But almost every tile I drew seemed to be from the Goldminers expansion! Most of the gold ended up on the road, but I also owned several cloisters which were adjacent to the majority of it. So rather than fighting over the road, my focus switched to my cloisters and as luck would have it I was able to complete one first and took seven gold bars in the process!

Elsewhere, Adror had committed himself to the farm from quite early on and had two farmers on it before I'd attempted to connect any of my own. I added one without difficulty, but Adror successfully defended against my attempt to equalise it by trapping my second farmer on an adjacent farm. However, as luck would have it I soon drew the first of the CC2 pitchfork tiles which allowed me to reclaim my trapped farmer and also forced Adror to remove one of his two farmers (and allowed me to recover another meeple that was stuck in an awkward position needing a cfrx tile to get out). The result was that the farm was left tied with one farmer each and I got a couple of meeples back.

With about 20 tiles to go, the main farm was still tied. I had placed a backup farmer on a small farm as defence in case Adror drew the second pitchfork tile and forced me to remove a farmer, since removing my backup farmer would mean I didn't have to take one off the main farm and so could retain a share of these points. However, I drew the second pitchfork tile (the crfr) which made it possible for me to add my backup farmer onto the main farm (something I hadn't been expecting to do). I used this as an opportunity to allow us both to place additional farmers since Adror had a couple less meeples in hand than I did (see below). Even so, he chose to add a second farmer despite my threat to add a third of my own. I added my third farmer with my next tile, and then a fourth for good measure soon afterwards, whilst blocking Adror's attempt to get a third farmer on in the process. This was how the farm battle ended: 4 - 2 to me (for 39 points) with Adror winning 6 points from his third farmer that didn't get joined on.

Adror probably drew more of the fliers than I did, although the rolls didn't always work out in his favour. He did use a well-positioned flier to get a second meeple into a city that I'd started and he'd stolen into though. I attempted to fight back for it, but was cut out, so did my best to kill the city off instead. This cost me a meeple, but the consequence was far worse for Adror who was already running low on meeple even before he made the risky decision to fly into the city.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 08:49:26 AM by danisthirty »

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2017, 02:00:58 PM »
Oh my...  :o No chance for me to win that game. After you easily finished 3 cloisters and 2 cities with 10 gold bars right after the start though I tried to distract where I could, I knew I would lose. Plus when pressure is rising to keep track, some placements become bad choices, and so the meeples go away.. Typical Carc game "How not to play when you are behind". Lastly I hoped for cropcircles to use in my favour somehow, but in the end none of the tiles would have been a game changer. Good game Dan! Bad game Adror, but I still like the Minis a lot. ^-^ Deserved win, congrats, and sorry for being late.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 02:02:36 PM by Adrornalin »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2017, 04:56:44 AM »
Merlin - please let me know when you are free for our game. I will drop you a PM as well...

Offline ny1050220

• Marquis
  • Merit: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2017, 07:15:39 AM »
ARabidMeerkat,
Please let me know when you are free. Thanks!

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Merit: 25
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2017, 03:23:50 PM »
Khalid and I played our F3 game tonight and it did not disappoint. Luck seemed to fall on both sides with a fair distribution. Khalid got nearly all the gold tiles, and I got every CCCR tile except 1. The 1 that Khalid got would have lost him the big city and, quite possibly, have given me an easy win.

The result was:-

Khalidqasrawi  :red-meeple: 140 v TheSteveAllen  :yellow-meeple: 143

Thanks to Jungleboy for telling me how to win these games - "pick the yellow meeple" - your advice seems to work for me!!  ;D

Thanks to Khalid, once again, for an exciting and interesting game. I love the minis, and can't wait for Farin to finish The Count of Carcassonne.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Bridges, Castles & Bazaars League: Final round

Started by MrNumbers

59 Replies
Last post April 28, 2017, 08:51:36 AM
by Jéré
xx
2020 Basegame Knockout League - Round 3 - FINAL

Started by Sinscerly

10 Replies
Last post May 23, 2020, 11:28:13 AM
by Sinscerly
clip
T & B League: Final Matches

Started by jungleboy

41 Replies
Last post March 16, 2015, 04:23:18 AM
by danisthirty
xx
Carcassonne Minis League: Fliers

Started by MrNumbers

74 Replies
Last post September 19, 2017, 02:22:59 PM
by danisthirty
xx
Expansion League #7: Carcassonne Minis - SIGN UP HERE!

Started by MrNumbers

63 Replies
Last post September 05, 2017, 11:19:32 PM
by MrNumbers