Author Topic: Willem's Carcassonne Clean out!  (Read 11512 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Willem's Carcassonne Clean out!
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2018, 03:01:00 AM »
Willem, if you give away to Just a Bill your CC1, I can send you my Tunnel. Of course, we can do it if Just a Bill is still available to made this "very happy trade-triangle."  ;)

I'm pretty sure Just a Bill would still be interested in helping out. Sounds like a great plan to me! :(y)

Offline NorseScotsman

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2018, 03:17:01 AM »
Willem, if you give away to Just a Bill your CC1, I can send you my Tunnel. Of course, we can do it if Just a Bill is still available to made this "very happy trade-triangle."  ;)

I'm pretty sure Just a Bill would still be interested in helping out. Sounds like a great plan to me! :(y)

Lots of people are looking for Crop Circles I, including myself. I have been after it for a long time as it is the last old art expansion I need. Unfortunately I did not qualify for your parts give away as I don’t post enough (which doesn’t mean I don’t follow the forums regularly). I was fortunate to respond first for this expansion on this thread and I am hoping some consideration is given to that fact and I am not left empty handed. Thanks.

Offline txema25

• Vassal
  • Merit: 3
  • I'm still haven't found what I looking for
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2018, 03:34:05 AM »
I've just sent a PM.

I very interesting in a Crop Cirles I spare

Thanks.

Offline cletus81

• Freeman
  • Merit: 1
  • updated profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2018, 07:19:57 AM »

Lots of people are looking for Crop Circles I, including myself. I have been after it for a long time as it is the last old art expansion I need. Unfortunately I did not qualify for your parts give away as I don’t post enough (which doesn’t mean I don’t follow the forums regularly). I was fortunate to respond first for this expansion on this thread and I am hoping some consideration is given to that fact and I am not left empty handed. Thanks.

I am sorry, I have just proposed this trade based on the fact that the item is still in the available list. My aim wasn't to left you empty handed, I was just trying to find a solution that can satisfy the higher number of Carcassonne fans in the spirit of Dan's giveaway (which, in my opinion, it should also be the spirit of this forum). Moreover, CC1 wasn't on the "first come, first served" list, but only in the "place an offer" list.
Anyway, I think that the best solution is the one on which both Dan and Willem agree.

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2018, 07:49:06 AM »

Crop Circles 1
(Please note these are not the ones i received from Dan's spare bits giveaway. These are different ones, as i would never sell the ones Dan has generously given to me!)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but presumably you're only able to sell a spare copy of this because I gave you a second copy for free? I'm not fussed about the money, but if you already had a copy I'd much rather you'd let somebody else claim this from my giveaway. And if you didn't already have a copy I'm surprised you'd pay "your fair share" to get hold of another... ?

Please can you drop me a PM so we can discuss.

Im more than happy to explain.
I received my first copy from Dan in the spare bits giveaway.
I recentely bought a rather large Carcassonne collection via ebay. This was primarely to b able to receive Carcassonne Le Sac, the was included in the collection. And I am now a very happy owner of this.
The collection also included CC1, cathars and more.
I took the opportunity to go through everything, and have decided to keep some bits, and have a clean up for the rest.
All the items available are doubles/triples i have. Some because i wanted something else in the listing, some because of a happy coincidence.

So i would like to keep the copy of CC1 that Dan gave me, and would like to help someone else out with the second copy. As stated, im not looking to make a big profit or anything, but t i dont want to be end up with a big loss either.
And yes, ive received several PM's from people that are interrested in CC1, but no offers yet.
I am more than happy to put a price on it and have it first come first serve, or make it a (blind) auction with a clear end Date, or just put it on ebay. In the spirit of the forum, this was the first place i thought of for distributing everything
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline cletus81

• Freeman
  • Merit: 1
  • updated profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2018, 08:15:37 AM »
I recentely bought a rather large Carcassonne collection via ebay. This was primarely to b able to receive Carcassonne Le Sac, the was included in the collection. And I am now a very happy owner of this.

Now I know who defeated me in that auction!  :D
I also planned to do the same thing just to get my hand on "Le Sac", since everything else listed is already in my collection.
But here you also sold CSC which wasn't listed in that auction!!! Please, don't tell me it was also included in that collection!!!

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2018, 08:23:49 AM »

I also planned to do the same thing just to get my hand on "Le Sac", since everything else listed is already in my collection.
But here you also sold CSC which wasn't listed in that auction!!! Please, don't tell me it was also included in that collection!!!
Wow, that's a sad loss if you find out afterwards
"What things can you find? Things that are hidden?
Do you know The WikiCarpedia?

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 08:54:53 AM »

No, it wasn't  ;D

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2018, 08:22:13 AM »
I would like to buy tunnels to make my collection almost complete. Chartreusito, would you be Okay with The Plague only?  :-\ For the Crop Circles i’ll send a PM with my offer. If I have both, my old artwork collection really is complete (not counting all the Russian tiles) Allthough i would be more than happy to get my hands on just one of these beauties.

Sadly, tunnels is my most wanted expansion too with belagerer... :/

I was hoping for some "sharing spirit" as that is what i like on this forum.  Especially because when Willem was posting his cleanout, i was testing the new Jcloisterzone Farin updated so others could use a stable version in the QF, SF and F of the World Cup of Carcassonne.
Nevermind, Halfling was so kind to make me an offer for his spare version of the Tunnels.

Offline Chartreusito

• Vassal
  • Merit: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2018, 08:33:05 AM »
I would like to buy tunnels to make my collection almost complete. Chartreusito, would you be Okay with The Plague only?  :-\ For the Crop Circles i’ll send a PM with my offer. If I have both, my old artwork collection really is complete (not counting all the Russian tiles) Allthough i would be more than happy to get my hands on just one of these beauties.

Sadly, tunnels is my most wanted expansion too with belagerer... :/

I was hoping for some "sharing spirit" as that is what i like on this forum.  Especially because when Willem was posting his cleanout, i was testing the new Jcloisterzone Farin updated so others could use a stable version in the QF, SF and F of the World Cup of Carcassonne.
Nevermind, Halfling was so kind to make me an offer for his spare version of the Tunnels.

Really glad to see you found an alternative source to complete your collection ;) I concur the sharing spirit of this forum is what makes it so warm and welcoming when you're a newcomer like me. If i'm able to participate anyday, it'll be a pleasure.
I play purple !

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2018, 09:49:56 AM »
It isn't a spare version it is my own version of tunnels. Moving to new art so this can go.
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2018, 10:14:31 AM »
It isn't a spare version it is my own version of tunnels. Moving to new art so this can go.

Wow, respect!  I'm still struggling with the thought to move on to new art.  I'll guess I'll stay one of those dinosaurs destined to go extinct...  ::)

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2018, 10:16:53 AM »
You can do what I have done.  I have always kept a full set and a small set.  I have now started to change the small set to new art.  Keeping a complete old art set though!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Just lay the damn tile!

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2018, 12:06:52 PM »
I too have a (relatively) full set and a small set. Both are old art, though ;) and I'm unlikely to convert. I just have no interest in my beloved Carcassonne looking like a civilization-building video game.

Actually, I guess in a way I do have old-art and new-art sets, but my "old art" is the original medium green grass from 2000-2004 and my "new art" is the lighter yellowish grass from about 2005 onward.
My stuff: The Caverns of Carcassonne | Wheel of Fortune versions | True North (wind roses) | Icon facelifts | Converting CII to CI | Signposts & the Château | The Vault | Riverboats & the Whirlpool | trade list

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2018, 12:21:42 AM »

A little update. I do feel bad about this situation.
I've promised the CC1 to NorseScotsMan, so that one is gone.
But I do think this trade around is a good idea, in spirit of this forum.
So my proposal:
I send my other CC1 (the one from the giveaway) to JustaBill.
JustaBill sends his C, S&C to cletus81,
Cletus81 sends his tunnel to Sinscerly
And maybe make the chain even longer?

Would all of you agree to that?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 12:25:15 AM by Willem »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Decar's Clean Out

Started by Decar

24 Replies
Last post February 19, 2018, 05:49:39 AM
by jungleboy
xx
Willem's journey to Essen 2022

Started by Willem

10 Replies
Last post October 15, 2022, 11:40:54 PM