Author Topic: WTB Darmstadt Promo  (Read 6349 times)

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
WTB Darmstadt Promo
« on: April 10, 2019, 12:10:58 PM »
Hello everyone!!

I'm searching for 3 tiles of Darmstadt promo. Is someone interested in selling it? Reasonable price. I have the sixth official expansion to add to the offer if someone is interested too.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4264.0
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
Re: WTB Darmstadt Promo
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 01:58:04 PM »
Two things to note: 1) you really don’t want this joke to Carcassonne—it’s crap; and 2) it has never been available for a reasonable price—from the beginning it was too expensive to justify. We’re just gluttons for awful expansions. Save yourself time and money and pretend this expansion doesn’t exist.

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 04:28:11 PM »
True. Thats what I thought all the time. Even when the expansion appears It seems too much expensive 12€. It's the most silly mini expansion ever. But I'm a collector of the old version of Carcassonne. And thats the unique thing that I need to complete them. Reasonable price to me it's 30-40€ for example. The only expansion that I don't have and never I will is the catapult. Worst than Darmstadt in my opinion.

Enviado desde mi XT1700 mediante Tapatalk

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 04:39:36 PM »
True. Thats what I thought all the time. Even when the expansion appears It seems too much expensive 12€. It's the most silly mini expansion ever. But I'm a collector of the old version of Carcassonne. And thats the unique thing that I need to complete them. Reasonable price to me it's 30-40€ for example. The only expansion that I don't have and never I will is the catapult. Worst than Darmstadt in my opinion.

I disagree with you regarding The Catapult on one very important point: it has 12 new tiles, Darmstadt only has 3. In sheer tile value (which is really the only thing either expansion has going for it), Catapult wins hands down. I'd also argue that the art on the Catapult tiles is mostly medieval, even if the ridiculous catapult mechanism itself is, well, ridiculous. Darmstadt tiles all depict post-medieval structures. I would buy Catapult any day before getting Darmstadt (although I do own both).

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 10:52:22 PM »

I disagree with you regarding The Catapult on one very important point: it has 12 new tiles, Darmstadt only has 3. In sheer tile value (which is really the only thing either expansion has going for it), Catapult wins hands down. I'd also argue that the art on the Catapult tiles is mostly medieval, even if the ridiculous catapult mechanism itself is, well, ridiculous. Darmstadt tiles all depict post-medieval structures. I would buy Catapult any day before getting Darmstadt (although I do own both).
For me the mechanism has more value than the design. Even the tiles contain buildings non medieval.

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 11:57:18 PM »
By the way, nice review in the BGG!!  ;)

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 03:22:54 AM »
A shame that Darmstadt not available in new art. I miss those tiles.
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 03:36:17 AM »
A shame that Darmstadt not available in new art. I miss those tiles.

Actually, the expansion itself is quite pathetic for them to consider a new edition. It was also exceptional for the 20th anniversary of the game fair in Darmstadt. I don't see it as something that can be extrapolated out of that context.
I believe that they will reedit the most typical expansions. But the truth is that I don't care ;D because that style of prototype that has removed the essence of Carcassonne doesn't go with me at all.

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2019, 10:01:23 AM »
I know it will never happen, but I still would like a new version, and tunnels and wind roses etc.

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 10:12:54 AM »
As Whaleyland said, maybe they will take out another big expansion that is actually a compilation of several minis in the new edition: corn circles, tunnels, wind rose ... etc

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2019, 11:18:20 AM »
I wish this would come to pass, not holding my breath though.

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2019, 11:21:31 AM »
hahahahahahah have faith brother, have faith  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Push

• Freeman
  • Merit: 9
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2019, 01:09:15 PM »
Even when the expansion appears It seems too much expensive 12€. It's the most silly mini expansion ever. But I'm a collector of the old version of Carcassonne. And thats the unique thing that I need to complete them. Reasonable price to me it's 30-40€ for example. 

The most of promos (not minis) has been issued not for game process. The only purpose of them is to put  the tiles into the box (envelop, packet) and put the box on the shelf; so the most of (real) collectors buy Darmstadt tiles for 100 € without the slightest doubt. For collectibles there is no concept of nominal price, it is important only the ratio of supply and demand for these items.

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2019, 03:22:49 PM »
Even when the expansion appears It seems too much expensive 12€. It's the most silly mini expansion ever. But I'm a collector of the old version of Carcassonne. And thats the unique thing that I need to complete them. Reasonable price to me it's 30-40€ for example. 

The most of promos (not minis) has been issued not for game process. The only purpose of them is to put  the tiles into the box (envelop, packet) and put the box on the shelf; so the most of (real) collectors buy Darmstadt tiles for 100 € without the slightest doubt. For collectibles there is no concept of nominal price, it is important only the ratio of supply and demand for these items.

With all my respects to buy it for 100€ seems very stupid but I understand that there are people able to spend that and more on a few tiles that for very little stock that is not worth that. Collectible items more ancient and exclusive than more than 50 years ago can be priced for about 100€... Not long ago they took out a limited edition of 650 € of carcassonne but that the real value of the product was 6 times less. If for example there were a carcassonne issue priced and really valued at € 1000, I pay for it without problem, don't get me wrong. But I see many users speculate with tiles and trying to make a lot more money than it really is worth. I respect it but I don't share it. I feel that the habitual consumers of carcassonne try to tease us many times.
There are also people who out of impatience or simple ignorance believe that they are buying something that there is practically only one copy in the whole world when it isn't true.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2019, 05:17:08 AM »
Low supply, High demand.

Things fine their value.

As a seller you only need to sell to a single person, willing topay the price.  I have no doubt someone out there would pay 100€ for this one.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
WTB: Halflings II, Darmstadt promo, first russian promo, spiel 2014 and 2015 til

Started by corinthiens13

7 Replies
Last post October 15, 2019, 08:07:36 AM
by Willem
xx
WTB non-carcassonne promo from 20 Jahre Darmstadt Spielt

Started by DieterR

1 Replies
Last post October 17, 2022, 04:40:12 AM
by Maiday
smiley
[WTT] Spiel 22 promo tile for Spiel 23 promo tile - Done => Topic can be closed