Author Topic: Questions  (Read 77673 times)

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
Re: Questions
« Reply #375 on: December 16, 2020, 08:09:30 PM »
Is this pigsty considered by tollhouses?
I translate WikiCarpedia in Romanian (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page/ro). I have 47,200+ edits at WICA. My WICA user page: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/User:NGC_54. Romanian translation of WICA: https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Special:LanguageStats?language=ro&x=D#sortable:3=desc.

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #376 on: December 16, 2020, 08:10:41 PM »
Is this garden considered by tollhouses?

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #377 on: December 17, 2020, 12:55:16 AM »
Is this pigsty considered by tollhouses?
Yes. There is not defined distance between item and road ;-)
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #378 on: December 17, 2020, 12:56:10 AM »
Is this garden considered by tollhouses?
Similar to Pigsty. I will count it to tollhouse

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #379 on: December 17, 2020, 01:15:16 PM »
But the garden is blocked by houses.

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #380 on: December 17, 2020, 01:47:19 PM »
Same problem here.

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #381 on: December 18, 2020, 02:08:18 PM »
It could be done a guide on WikiCarpedia, that would can say which sheds, gardens, highwaymen... applies to a certain road from a certain tile.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 18, 2020, 03:27:33 PM »
[246] Is this pigsty considered by tollhouses?

[246.] I would say yes. There is no written rule about this. The principle I'm applying is that there is nothing blocking the line of sight between the pigsty and the road.

[247.a] Is this garden considered by tollhouses?

[247.b] Same problem here.

[247.a+247.b] In these cases I would say no. The garden seems to be detached from the road. The village is blocking the sight of line form the road to the garden ... If there was a road at the other end of the tile between the village and the edge of the tile, the garden would be certainly on the other road segment.

In any case I sent a question to HiG about these cases. I'll keep you posted about their answer.
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #383 on: December 22, 2020, 05:19:28 PM »
A meeple placed on a bridge that is placed on a watchtower tile should receive the watchtower bonus when the road with the bridge will be completed?

Offline Vital Pluymers

• Duke
  • Merit: 3
  • The King
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 22, 2020, 08:59:33 PM »
A meeple placed on a bridge that is placed on a watchtower tile should receive the watchtower bonus when the road with the bridge will be completed?

I would say no since the bridge is not physically connected to the watchtower.

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 22, 2020, 10:27:59 PM »
You can read on WICA the answer: ‘The Watchtowers: A watchtower scoring for neighboring tiles with road segments will also consider tiles with a bridge’
The anwer is YES

PD: Read WICA ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #386 on: December 22, 2020, 11:16:43 PM »
You can read on WICA the answer: ‘The Watchtowers: A watchtower scoring for neighboring tiles with road segments will also consider tiles with a bridge’
The anwer is YES

I think you're misinterpreting WICA.

The question here is:

I have a meeple on a bridge, a watchtower is under that bridge. When the road is scored, will my meeple on the bridge get the watchtower bonus?

The quote from WICA
The Watchtowers: A watchtower scoring for neighboring tiles with road segments will also consider tiles with a bridge
means:
I have a meeple scoring a watchtower (so the meeple is on a city or road segment on a watchtower tile, not on a bridge), the watchtower gives points for neighboring tiles with road segment, if there's a neighboring tile with a bridge, it is counted as a neighboring tile with a road segment when scoring the watchtower.

But we still do not have the answer to our question. Another clue on WICA would be:
Scoring bonuses and actions affecting locally printed roads on a tile by proximity (the feature must be on the road) or connectivity (the feature must be connected to the road) will not affect bridges passing over the tile automatically
Watchtowers are not mentioned there, but I think I'd apply this.

Meepledrone, what do you think? If that's correct, then maybe it'd be useful to add watchtowers to the list of bonus considered by this note  ;)

Offline Vital Pluymers

• Duke
  • The King
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 22, 2020, 11:43:50 PM »
The anwer is YES

I'm reading WICA whenever I am not sure about the rules. But I also read the questions...
 :P
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 11:45:41 PM by Vital Pluymers »

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 22, 2020, 11:45:48 PM »
The anwer is YES

The question here is:

I have a meeple on a bridge, a watchtower is under that bridge. When the road is scored, will my meeple on the bridge get the watchtower bonus?

The quote from WICA
The Watchtowers: A watchtower scoring for neighboring tiles with road segments will also consider tiles with a bridge
means:
I have a meeple scoring a watchtower (so the meeple is on a city or road segment on a watchtower tile, not on a bridge), the watchtower gives points for neighboring tiles with road segment, if there's a neighboring tile with a bridge, it is counted as a neighboring tile with a road segment when scoring the watchtower.

But we still do not have the answer to our question. Another clue on WICA would be:
Scoring bonuses and actions affecting locally printed roads on a tile by proximity (the feature must be on the road) or connectivity (the feature must be connected to the road) will not affect bridges passing over the tile automatically

Meepledrone, what do you think? If that's correct, then maybe it'd be useful to add watchtowers to the list of bonus considered by this note  ;)
Yes, I know that is not exacly the answer of your question but, I don't understand your doubt. For scoring a watchtower you must to be ON the tile. A bridge ON the watchtower tile= you are ON the tile = you score the watchtower. It' the same like little buildings... You are ON the tile to score the bonus... SAME
I think there's no doubt...

Scoring bonuses of printed roads is another thing very different... You must to be connected to the road... It's not the case...

Enviado desde St. Meeple Hospital

Offline Vital Pluymers

• Duke
  • The King
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 22, 2020, 11:57:00 PM »
The anwer is YES

The question here is:

The quote from WICA
means:

Yes, I know that is not exacly the answer of your question but, I don't understand your doubt. For scoring a watchtower you must to be ON the tile. A bridge ON the watchtower tile= you are ON the tile = you score the watchtower. It' the same like little buildings... You are ON the tile to score the bonus... SAME
I think there's no doubt...

Scoring bonuses of printed roads is another thing very different... You must to be connected to the road... It's not the case...

Enviado desde St. Meeple Hospital

The rules for Watchtowers state:
When a completed road or a city contains a tile which features a watchtower, and there is a meeple on the feature (city, road) on that tile, the watchtower is scored first. The completed road or city is scored afterwards. [1] [2]

This does not apply to farmers. Farmers do not trigger scoring for watchtowers.

So, although it feels odd to me since all the other features are physically connected to the Watchtower, I think you are right after all. That connectivity is not required by the rules. And a bridge on a tile can be considered as a road on the tile.
So, I agree with Dr. Meeple, I think the answer is indeed 'yes'.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
The Ferries and the School interaction questions

Started by DaFees

5 Replies
Last post October 01, 2017, 12:32:33 PM
by Paul
xx
Corn circle questions

Started by CovertOps

3 Replies
Last post August 23, 2016, 08:59:54 PM