Author Topic: Questions  (Read 77613 times)

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
Re: Questions
« Reply #285 on: May 04, 2020, 03:25:56 PM »
Both: fan and real.
I translate WikiCarpedia in Romanian (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page/ro). I have 45,600+ edits at WICA. My WICA user page: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/User:NGC_54. Romanian translation of WICA: https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Special:LanguageStats?language=ro&x=D#sortable:3=desc.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 04, 2020, 04:00:12 PM »
How can I propose a new expansion?

What do you mean? Creating a fan expansion?

Both: fan and real.

Official expansions are released by HiG but they don't accept any more ideas for Carcassonne. I the past you could submit ideas to them and they could used them or not.

For fan expansions, you can submit you ideas in the Expansion Workshop board on CarcC. You can develop the idea on your own or ask for help or support from other members. They can help you develop the idea, collaborate with the graphics, editing the rules in the fan expansion format, proofreading the rules, play testing... whatever you need. You can see all the bubbling activity taking place currently at the workshop.

http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?board=7.0

The only limit is your imagination and using graphics coming from Carcassonne tiles or created by you. If you need third party graphics you can use some copyleft graphics available on the internet that match the style of the edition. Keep always track of the source to ensure you have no copyright issues.

Is this what you wanted to know?
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #287 on: May 04, 2020, 04:11:54 PM »
Yes.

Official expansions are released by HiG but they don't accept any more ideas for Carcassonne.
Why?

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 05, 2020, 05:38:09 AM »
Yes.

Official expansions are released by HiG but they don't accept any more ideas for Carcassonne.
Why?

I quote the HiG page discussing Submission Guidelines...

https://www.hans-im-glueck.de/en/verlag/autorenleitfaden.html

EXPANSIONS AND CARCASSONNE

We are also interested in ideas for expansions. However, ideas for expansions are not always unique. Sometimes it happens that we get similar ideas multiple times and often the author of the game had similar ideas for an expansion.

We want to treat everybody who submits his ideas with respect. We have to mention, however, that you are not implicitly the author of a game idea if you have submitted an idea with a resembling title or resembling game mechanics. This is important for expansions and especially for Carcassonne.

Therefore we won't look at expansion ideas for Carcassonne anymore!

If you have developed a Carcassonne expansion feel free to share it on www.carcassonnecentral.com, www.carcassonne-forum.de or other forums. Sometimes ideas shared there, reach us as we cooperate with these forums.

Any commercial use of the Carcassonne trademark is strictly prohibited and will result in legal action.

So, if you want to create expansions for Carcassonne, you are in the right track.  ;D

Offline totor66

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • Carcassonne semi completionnist
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 09, 2020, 07:23:01 AM »
Sorry for the question if it was already asked but I can't picture this specific case.

The message saying we play another turn immediately, let's say I score an abbot by removing it earlier from a cloister, if I understood rules correctly and draw this specific message, I play a new turn immediately without finishing the first one.

Then we start a turn within the turn right ? And when that turn finishes, do we go back to the point where we left the first one ? Like let's say we play with phantom I could still put it on the tile placed on the turn when I removed the abbot ?

Or I just misunderstood it and the second turn acts like double turn builder at the end of first one ?

The first options seems to me the correct one but damn it's complicated to keep track of it
Carcassonne Fan since 2014

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #290 on: May 09, 2020, 07:40:56 AM »
The Abbot removal take place during 2B-1, but the messages form step 2 are received between 2C and 2D (http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Order_of_Play).

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 09, 2020, 07:51:43 AM »
The Abbot removal take place during 2B-1, but the messages form step 2 are received between 2C and 2D (http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Order_of_Play).
Well done Carcassonne93!! :)

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline totor66

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • Carcassonne semi completionnist
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 09, 2020, 12:02:12 PM »
Yes on that my bad, but my question was more like. Does the extra turn given by the message interrupts the turn and we come back to that point after the end of the message turn ?

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #293 on: May 09, 2020, 12:04:18 PM »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 11, 2020, 07:52:09 AM »
[224.a] Sorry for the question if it was already asked but I can't picture this specific case.

The message saying we play another turn immediately, let's say I score an abbot by removing it earlier from a cloister, if I understood rules correctly and draw this specific message, I play a new turn immediately without finishing the first one.

Then we start a turn within the turn right ? And when that turn finishes, do we go back to the point where we left the first one ? Like let's say we play with phantom I could still put it on the tile placed on the turn when I removed the abbot ?

Or I just misunderstood it and the second turn acts like double turn builder at the end of first one ?

The first options seems to me the correct one but damn it's complicated to keep track of it

(224.a) The Abbot removal take place during 2B-1, but the messages form step 2 are received between 2C and 2D (http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Order_of_Play).

[224.b] Yes on that my bad, but my question was more like. Does the extra turn given by the message interrupts the turn and we come back to that point after the end of the message turn ?

(224.b) http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4526.105. The last comment.

Carcassonne93 was directing you to answer #172:

[172.] And what happens if you receive the message 4 between step 2 and 3? The step 3 is postponed?

The turn sequence would be the following:
- You resolve step 1A for the normal turn. You receive message 4 and perform a full nested turn for the message
- You resolve step 1B for the normal turn.
- You resolve step 1C for the normal turn.
- You resolve step 2 for the normal turn.
   - You resolve step 1A for message 4. (It's a full turn)
   - You resolve step 1B for message 4.
   - You resolve step 1C for message 4.
   - You resolve step 2 for message 4.
   - You resolve step 3 for message 4.
   - You resolve step 4, if applicable, for message 4. (You may even enjoy a double turn)
- You resolve step 3 for the normal turn.
- You resolve step 4, if applicable, for the normal turn.

You can check here more info about the rounds of scoring:
* Rounds of Scoring: http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Messages#Rounds_of_Scoring
* Order of Play: http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Order_of_Play

Messages in their basic form don't seem that complicated but the nesting of turns due to one or more chained messages (especially when they happen in the middle of a turn), or even the nesting of complete rounds due to a bazaar can complicate thinks a bit... above all when adding to the mix double turns thanks to the builder, Message #4 or the Saint Nicholas Scoreboard ;)

Lovely, isn't it?

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 11, 2020, 03:36:14 PM »
... editing the rules in the fan expansion format ...
Is there a template of some kind? Can you share a link to the post that contains it? (I find myself thinking it would be nice to create a pdf using such a template to contain the order of play for my specific set of expansions.)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 11, 2020, 04:26:55 PM »

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 11, 2020, 11:10:14 PM »
Thanks so much MeepleDrone.

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #298 on: May 19, 2020, 01:53:51 PM »
Can you (red) deploy a meeple from the City of Carcassonne in a city in which there is only one blue big meeple, score no points and place a meeple in the City of Carcassonne (is your turn; the city is the single feature scored in this turn), all in the same turn?

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 19, 2020, 02:05:04 PM »
[225.] Can you (red) deploy a meeple from the City of Carcassonne in a city in which there is only one blue big meeple, score no points and place a meeple in the City of Carcassonne (is your turn; the city is the single feature scored in this turn), all in the same turn?

As per the Order of Play , this would be a valid sequence. The objective? Moving one meeple from a district to a different one or changing one of meeples you had in the city of Carcassonne.

Have you ever used this sequence?

You can revisit the Order of Play here:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Order_of_Play

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
The Ferries and the School interaction questions

Started by DaFees

5 Replies
Last post October 01, 2017, 12:32:33 PM
by Paul
xx
Corn circle questions

Started by CovertOps

3 Replies
Last post August 23, 2016, 08:59:54 PM