Author Topic: Questions  (Read 77620 times)

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
Re: Questions
« Reply #270 on: April 27, 2020, 10:53:29 PM »
But I have new question:
When I place a tile which is finishing road where a have a meeple.
Can I place in phase 2B-1 Fairy to meeple which is on finished road. And in phase 3 got extra 3 points becaouse fairy stay behing my meeple?

And this?
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 28, 2020, 02:38:05 AM »
[220.] But I have new question:
Can I place in phase 2B-1 Fairy to meeple which is on finished road. And in phase 3 got extra 3 points becaouse fairy stay behing my meeple?

(220.)
But I have new question:

And this?

Yes, the sequence of actions is valid:
* On previous turns: You have a meeple placed on an incomplete road.
* Current turn:
   - Phase 1. Placing a tile: You place a tile and complete the given road.
   - Phase 2. Placing a meeple: You place the fairy next to the meeple on the road just completed.
   - Phase 3. Scoring a feature: You score the completed road and get the 3-point fairy scoring bonus.

There is no restriction in the rules that prevent you from doing this. Actually, this sequence would help you protect your meeple about to score the road from the dragon just in case it is in the vicinity.

Of course, this sequence also works for any feature.

You can revisit the fairy rules here:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Princess_and_The_Dragon#The_fairy
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 28, 2020, 02:38:42 AM »
@meepledrone Thanks for answer!

No problem. My pleasure!  ;D

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 28, 2020, 04:54:35 AM »
[221.] We were playing with daughter again, and we were play Barber Surgeons.
We found a question:
When you finish feature and take down shepherd, two meeples scrore.
But Shepherd is not scored by finishing feature, so onle one meeples score by finishing feature, so he will go to bathhouse if it's empty.
Right?
But when you close field with tile with finishing feature. Is it finishing of field? Or just automatic trigger of action: Shepherd guides the flock to the stable?

Some comments first:
* Shepherds are not meeples. They special figures, the same as pigs, builders and barns. They belong to a player but they can neither claim a feature nor participate with votes for majority on it.
* Fields can be closed (that is, surrounded by roads and city walls) but this doesn't mean that they are completed. Closed fields do not trigger any feature scoring (for the field itself or a castle, for example). However they will trigger the automatic scoring of shepherds placed in it, so shepherds cannot be trapped in a closed field. The scoring of the shepherd will be conducted by performing the "Guide the flock to the stable" action automatically.

So, in your example, two separate scoring events take place:
* You score the shepherd (a special figure) placed in the field just closed. This happens in phase 2. Placing a meeple where bathhouses are not considered. (Note: A shepherd is not a meeple and couldn't go to a bathhouse in any case).
* You score the feature just completed with your meeple. This happens in phase 3. Scoring a feature where bathhouses are considered. In this case, if a bathhouse is empty, your meeple would be moved there.

You can revisit the rules for the shepherd here and especially the exception explained near the end of the box along with some related clarifications:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Hills_%26_Sheep#1._Placing_a_tile

[222.] And another question:
When you take down Abbot like in previous case, is not affected by baths in case that
a) is taken down from table before finish garden or monastery?
b) is taken down from table before finish garden or monastery and also other meeplse finish feature, so two meeples scores, but one by not finishing feature (not count as meeple finishing feature) and second by finishing feature (so goes to baths, because is only one)?

Only features scored in phase 3. Scoring a feature are affected by bathhouses. The abbot removal and scoring takes place in phase 2. Placing a meeple and it doesn't interact with bathhouses.

If the abbot shares the monastery or garden with another meeple when it is completed, as you mention, you could remove the abbot in phase 2. Placing a meeple and score it without the influence of bathhouses. Then the other meeple would score points for the completed feature in phase 3. Scoring a feature, and possibly go to an empty bathhouse, if any available.

You can revisit the rules here:
* Abbot scoring: http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Abbot#3._Scoring_with_the_Abbot
* Bathhouse action after scoring a feature: http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Barber-Surgeons#3._After_scoring_a_feature

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 28, 2020, 09:47:26 AM »
Holy patience you have meepledrone.
+1 merit for your patience !!
You have repeated it a thousand times. I think if it is not clear there is nothing to do.  >:D
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #275 on: April 28, 2020, 10:07:32 AM »
Maybe he has just templates ;-)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 28, 2020, 10:19:44 AM »
Ha ha ha!

Nope. I right it every time from scratch. And for what you see written there is plenty I discard when I digress too much.  :o

For example, the answer to the last explanation to question #218 was much much longer: I had even extracted excerpts from the abbot rules in the base game manuals too. After all that was written, I discarded it all to concentrate on the wording used in WICA and its meaning.

This is like an archeological excavation... The entrance to the treasure chamber must be somewhere under this pile of rules.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 12:41:42 PM by Meepledrone »

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #277 on: April 28, 2020, 10:37:25 AM »
Yeah, that was joke ;-)

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #278 on: April 28, 2020, 11:08:35 AM »
Message 8: What happens if you have 2 meeples?
Message 8: You play with red. There are 2 red meeples and 2 blue meeples in a city. Can you score one of the meeples with the message 8?
I translate WikiCarpedia in Romanian (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page/ro). I have 47,200+ edits at WICA. My WICA user page: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/User:NGC_54. Romanian translation of WICA: https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Special:LanguageStats?language=ro&x=D#sortable:3=desc.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #279 on: April 28, 2020, 11:54:41 AM »
When it will be end of game, it will be tie, and you will get points from this city.
When you use scoring of one of these meeplse, you will get points, but than you loose majority in city for future scoring.

C1:
( 8 ) Score a follower and remove it from the board
The player chooses one of his or her followers in play. If the player has the majority in the feature where the selected follower stands, he or she scores that feature (only for himself or herself) as if it were the end of the game. The player then puts the chosen follower back in his or her supply.
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Messages_(1st_edition)

C2:
( 8 ) Score a Meeple and Return it to your Supply: Choose one of your meeples in the play area. If you have the majority in the feature where this meeple is, score the area as you would at the end of the game but only you get points. Then return only your meeple that was on the feature back to your supply, even if it didn't score any points.
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Messages

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 30, 2020, 12:46:26 AM »
[223.a] Message 8: What happens if you have 2 meeples?
[223.b] Message 8: You play with red. There are 2 red meeples and 2 blue meeples in a city. Can you score one of the meeples with the message 8?

I would just like to add a couple of comments to Bumsakalaka's reply.  ;)

(223.a) When it will be end of game, it will be tie, and you will get points from this city.

Unless you decide to score 2 points instead of carrying out the action, Message ( 8 ) rules tell you to:
1. Pick a meeple placed on a feature
2. If you have the majority in the feature --> Score as many points at it would be worth at the end of the game
3. If you don't have the majority in the feature --> Score 0-points
4. Remove the meeple you selected. The other meeples belonging to you and the other player stay on the feature undisturbed.

The rules for majority are the same during the game and after the game. What it may differ is the way the you score a feature during the game and after the game. But you apply scoring after the game as the feature is incomplete. 

If you have two regular meeples, there will be a tie. If so, you will have the majority and will score the feature as indicated by Message ( 8 ).

As an additional note, you may have two meeples of different types and circumstances that may alter the majority:
- A regular meeple on the tile with a hill may break the tie and give you the majority against the other player.
- A large meeple instead of a regular meeple will give you the majority against the other player.
- A mayor instead of a regular meeple will provide as many majority votes as the number of coats of arms in a city. Depending on the case, you may win, tie or lose the majority.

(223.a) When you use scoring of one of these meeplse, you will get points, but than you loose majority in city for future scoring.

As I commented earlier, depending on the circumstances, you may not even lose the majority in the city after removing your meeple (unless more meeples join the city, of course). This may happen with the large meeple and the mayor.

C1:
( 8 ) Score a follower and remove it from the board
The player chooses one of his or her followers in play. If the player has the majority in the feature where the selected follower stands, he or she scores that feature (only for himself or herself) as if it were the end of the game. The player then puts the chosen follower back in his or her supply.
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Messages_(1st_edition)

C2:
( 8 ) Score a Meeple and Return it to your Supply: Choose one of your meeples in the play area. If you have the majority in the feature where this meeple is, score the area as you would at the end of the game but only you get points. Then return only your meeple that was on the feature back to your supply, even if it didn't score any points.
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Messages

You have to tell me more about this WICA site...  8)

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #281 on: April 30, 2020, 02:00:54 AM »
I tried to help, but you are more preciously, because majority is majority (but with explanation of rules about Big Meeple and Meeple on Hill sounds "posh" :-D )

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 30, 2020, 02:05:56 AM »
I tried to help, but you are more preciously, because majority is majority (but with explanation of rules about Big Meeple and Meeple on Hill sounds "posh" :-D )

And your response was okay. Just wanted to clarify the majority thing, but then it occurred to me that we were assuming two regular meeples, so why not exploring other options for fun?... Just an intellectual experiment  ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 05:34:49 PM by Meepledrone »

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #283 on: May 04, 2020, 02:03:33 PM »
How can I propose a new expansion?

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 04, 2020, 03:11:06 PM »
How can I propose a new expansion?

What do you mean? Creating a fan expansion?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Some Questions from obervet03 and my Answers about the Minis

Started by kettlefish

15 Replies
Last post February 26, 2013, 12:20:03 PM
by Carcking
question
Map-Chips: USA West and East - Questions

Started by grid96

3 Replies
Last post November 11, 2020, 11:35:09 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Carcassonne South Sea - rules questions

Started by Khonnor

6 Replies
Last post December 11, 2013, 05:57:06 AM
by Khonnor
xx
Some notes/questions on the "Hunters and Gatherers" spin off

Started by ac1982

0 Replies
Last post April 18, 2022, 01:58:53 AM
by ac1982
xx
little questions regarding the new sxpansions...

Started by aenima

10 Replies
Last post April 19, 2014, 03:46:13 AM
by aenima