Author Topic: Questions  (Read 77675 times)

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
Re: Questions
« Reply #150 on: March 31, 2020, 12:17:13 PM »
(180.) Are these monasteries completed?
Yes all of them.....  ::)

Allow me to disagree. The second example is not complete as there is an empty square space adjacent to the space with the monastery.

Two halflings on the same space are not enough to complete the monastery even if the position of the monastery seems not to touch the empty space.

When adding Halflings to the equation, we have to think of occupied spaces (the one with the monastery and the 8 adjacent ones). I visualize it as a 3x3 grid. Each space has to be occupied somehow: by one or two triangular tiles, by a square tile or even by half a double-sized tile.  ;D

Only individual triangular gaps are ignored so a space with a triangular gap is considered occupied of the sake of the completion of the monastery.

As you know, this is all we have including clarifications and interpretations of the rules for C1:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Halflings_(1st_edition)

Let's see if HiG makes our lives any easier with the release of Halflings for C2. I have my reservations since they will not be able to include all the interactions due to the lack of space to include them all. Let's wait and see.
Then there is a big contradiction with 1 halfling - 1 tile.

Enviado desde St. Meeple Hospital

That is correct for scoring but monasteries stick to the 3x3 space grid as in the basic game to decide their completeness.

The image below would be clearly an incomplete monastery, but as per the Halflings geometry would be equivalent to the one above, that you considered complete.
Walking contradiction.... emoji code1787]

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 31, 2020, 02:20:34 PM »
You know now why EVERYBODY loved Halflings since 2014 and they will love it again since 2020 if HiG does do their homework right  >:D >:D >:D

Halflings has had a lot of complicated areas since its inception and the clarifications from 10/2015 solved half the issues only...  >:(
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 02:22:07 PM by Meepledrone »
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2020, 12:27:25 AM »
Carcassonne93, can you give some insight as to the context for your questions? I'm bursting with curiosity! I'm struggling to guess how you've got so many in such a short period of time?

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2020, 01:53:42 AM »
I only read again the rules.
I translate WikiCarpedia in Romanian (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page/ro). I have 47,200+ edits at WICA. My WICA user page: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/User:NGC_54. Romanian translation of WICA: https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Special:LanguageStats?language=ro&x=D#sortable:3=desc.

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 01, 2020, 04:54:49 AM »
You know now why EVERYBODY loved Halflings since 2014 and they will love it again since 2020 if HiG does do their homework right  >:D >:D >:D

Halflings has had a lot of complicated areas since its inception and the clarifications from 10/2015 solved half the issues only...  >:(
I see you accept the contradictions about the rule 1 halfling - 1 tile except for halfling with monastery. I don’t think HiG will say something about new C2 halflings... Surely they say something about... ‘We don’t recomended to play halflings with expansions... that’s your choice my friend... bla bla’

Online Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #155 on: April 01, 2020, 06:47:16 AM »
Well by official rules for Halfling (C2) published on CarF https://www.carcassonne-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=383&t=5005,
Monastery is finished if there is nice border of squere size 3x3 which can contain trialngle gap, but only inside quere which not affect border.
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2020, 06:52:18 AM »
"Each player must either...
A) ... take a Meeple from their supply and place it next to another one
of their Meeples of this kind on the same land tile.
OR
B) ... remove one of their Meeples of the determined kind from a land tile
and put it back into their supply.
If a player does not have any Meeples of the determined kind,
they cannot complete neither action A nor B." In Crop Circle A) is "may", not "must".
"You earn 3 points for sheep on this tile if you guide your flock to the stable. A wolf cannot scatter
your flock." What happens in this case if you draw a wolf token?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 07:00:12 AM by Carcassonne93 »

Online Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2020, 06:59:13 AM »
Yer, there are exactly written:
The tile depicting the crop circle is played differently from the normal crop circle tiles.

But nice feature is get 3 sheeps which are protected agains wulf and also dragon.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 07:20:43 AM by stano.lacko »

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 01, 2020, 09:46:56 AM »
So, to clarify, you have had a big Carcassonne collection for some time and you're now returning to the game and so reading the rules thoroughly?

Online Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2020, 10:07:55 AM »
So, to clarify, you have had a big Carcassonne collection for some time and you're now returning to the game and so reading the rules thoroughly?
Sometimes it's good to do it. Specially with C1/C2 mini expansions  :yellow-meeple:

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2020, 01:57:12 PM »
Thanks Carcassonne93  :yellow-meeple: :(y)

Although I don't understand all of it, I'm enjoying the thread.

Offline Vital Pluymers

• Duke
  • Merit: 3
  • The King
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2020, 10:32:43 PM »
The tile depicting the crop circle is played differently from the normal crop circle tiles.

But nice feature is get 3 sheeps which are protected agains wulf and also dragon.

Where have you read this?

Online Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2020, 12:21:50 AM »

Again: https://www.carcassonne-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=383&t=5005
Rules for C2 Halb so wild, page 2, section "3"

But there is a problem with new rules which change scoring monasteries. Maximum points (without wineyards or other expansions) is 9 points for finished monastery. One point for every standard "tile" position:
If two triangular tiles have been placed instead of a regular land tile you still only score 1 point for this segment.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 02, 2020, 05:45:22 AM »
Yes... I'm still in shock. We go back to the 9-point monastery no matter what (square tiles, one or two halflings and double-sized tiles then)... And that means that German castles will only score 12 points no matter what too.

A lot to review and update. I'm feeling lucky once again. :o

PS: That means I have to revisit some responses above: 180 and 181 at least. Perfect timing!  >:D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 05:47:34 AM by Meepledrone »

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 02, 2020, 07:00:23 AM »

Again: https://www.carcassonne-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=383&t=5005
Rules for C2 Halb so wild, page 2, section "3"

But there is a problem with new rules which change scoring monasteries. Maximum points (without wineyards or other expansions) is 9 points for finished monastery. One point for every standard "tile" position:
If two triangular tiles have been placed instead of a regular land tile you still only score 1 point for this segment.
Then more contradictions with C2... lol 9 points with structure 3x3 but double triangular tiles counts as one... But only 1 triangular tile in square space counts like 1 tile-1 point too.... But this only affects to monasteries right?? Hahahaha Then these rules are only for C2?? HiG should be more clear with C1 now or say something about if these rules affects to C1 too....

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
School questions

Started by MrNumbers

10 Replies
Last post May 05, 2014, 01:09:09 PM
by kettlefish
xx
Two questions about the Market of Leipzig

Started by carca82

7 Replies
Last post August 13, 2022, 02:32:10 AM