Author Topic: Questions  (Read 77665 times)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Questions
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2020, 03:05:30 PM »
[112][130.] The bathhouse is available for all 2 roads?

The tile shows the bathhouse connected to the horizontal road only, the vertical road does not benefit from the bathhouse.

EDIT: It seems you added more questions while I was working off-line on the answers for the last batch. I renumbered this answer to keep track of the proper order while working on the ones left behind.  :o
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 04:10:57 AM by Meepledrone »
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2020, 07:50:40 AM »
Is that a village?
I translate WikiCarpedia in Romanian (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page/ro). I have 47,200+ edits at WICA. My WICA user page: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/User:NGC_54. Romanian translation of WICA: https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Special:LanguageStats?language=ro&x=D#sortable:3=desc.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2020, 09:03:14 AM »
[131.] Is that a village?

No, it is not a village but a small house ending two roads. You can see a similar small house ending two roads on this other Hills & Sheep tile:

This other tile is included in the tile clarification section of the Hills & Sheep rules here:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Hills_%26_Sheep#New_land_tiles

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2020, 10:48:10 AM »
"Yes, the German castle as any completed feature by a tile placement will trigger a castle scoring.

If we add the features to the previous list of bonus and features, you would have:

1. Score bonus points evaluated before the feature  -- Ignored by the castle
    - Watchowers (if the player has a meeple placed on the Watchtower tile of any road or city scored)
    - Tollhouses  (if the player's tollhouse is on a crossroads connected to road(s) being scored)
2. Score the feature including any modifiers and bonus points associated to the feature --- Scored by the castle
   - Roads (+ German cathedrals + inns + mage + witch + little buildings + German castles + bathhouses + labyrinth)
   - Cities (+ Cathars / siege / besiegers + cathedrals  + cathedrals + mage + witch +little buildings + German castles + bathhouses + Darmstadtium)
   - Monastic Buildings (+ vineyards + little buildings)
      - Monasteries
      - Abbeys
      - Shrines
      - German monasteries (with a monk)
      - Dutch & Belgian monasteries (with a monk)
      - Japanese buildings (with a monk)
      - Darmstadt churches
    - Field with barn (cities / castles + pig + pig-herd + Cathars / siege / besiegers + little buildings )
    - Baba Yaga's Hut (+ little buildings)
    - Gardens (+ little buildings)
    - German castles (+ little buildings)
    - German cathedrals (+ inns + little buildings)
3. Score bonus points evaluated after the feature -- Ignored by the castle
    - 3-point fairy scoring bonus (for roads, cities, monastic buildings,...)
    - Teacher bonus (if the player has the Teacher)
    - Ringmaster points (for roads, cities, monastic buildings,...)
    - Darmstadt church bonus (if the player has the majority in the vicinity of the church)
    - Markets of Leipzig (bonus for roads, cities or monastic buildings, provided by the meeple in Leipzig)"

Th field is scored by the castle?

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2020, 12:43:11 PM »
Neverending stooooryyy nananananana  :))
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2020, 01:34:09 PM »
"Yes, the German castle as any completed feature by a tile placement will trigger a castle scoring.

If we add the features to the previous list of bonus and features, you would have:

1. Score bonus points evaluated before the feature  -- Ignored by the castle
    - Watchowers (if the player has a meeple placed on the Watchtower tile of any road or city scored)
    - Tollhouses  (if the player's tollhouse is on a crossroads connected to road(s) being scored)
2. Score the feature including any modifiers and bonus points associated to the feature --- Scored by the castle (except fields with barns)
   - Roads (+ German cathedrals + inns + mage + witch + little buildings + German castles + bathhouses + labyrinth)
   - Cities (+ Cathars / siege / besiegers + cathedrals  + cathedrals + mage + witch +little buildings + German castles + bathhouses + Darmstadtium)
   - Monastic Buildings (+ vineyards + little buildings)
      - Monasteries
      - Abbeys
      - Shrines
      - German monasteries (with a monk)
      - Dutch & Belgian monasteries (with a monk)
      - Japanese buildings (with a monk)
      - Darmstadt churches
    - Field with barn (cities / castles + pig + pig-herd + Cathars / siege / besiegers + little buildings )
    - Baba Yaga's Hut (+ little buildings)
    - Gardens (+ little buildings)
    - German castles (+ little buildings)
    - German cathedrals (+ inns + little buildings)
3. Score bonus points evaluated after the feature -- Ignored by the castle
    - 3-point fairy scoring bonus (for roads, cities, monastic buildings,...)
    - Teacher bonus (if the player has the Teacher)
    - Ringmaster points (for roads, cities, monastic buildings,...)
    - Darmstadt church bonus (if the player has the majority in the vicinity of the church)
    - Markets of Leipzig (bonus for roads, cities or monastic buildings, provided by the meeple in Leipzig)"

Th field is scored by the castle?

Good point... The exception wasn't included in the listing!

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2020, 03:57:19 PM »
Can you place a castle on this tile?

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2020, 04:45:56 PM »
[132.] Can you place a castle on this tile?

These city segments would not allow you to place a castle on top as they are larger than regular semi-circular city segments and would be partially visible under the castle token. 

Check the rules here:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Bridges,_Castles_and_Bazaars#3._Close_a_small_city_and_place_a_castle

Please read the following clarification as well:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Bridges,_Castles_and_Bazaars#cite_note-5
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 04:47:30 PM by Meepledrone »

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2020, 10:48:29 PM »
Carcassonne93 you should try to look wikicarpedia too. It’s a beautiful and useful place. :)

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2020, 04:11:06 AM »
Wikicarpedia does not have the all answers. I ask something on Carcassonne Central after reading Wikicarpedia.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2020, 07:28:21 AM »
I'm sorry to say there will be always be new questions and open issues: vague rules, nuances, new interactions, weird cases not considered before, mistranslations, details omitted due to lack of space in the printed manuals... What else can you ask for? ;)

Wikicarpedia tries to cover all that we know so far... And I'm happy to expand its coverage.

So, ask as much as you want, sometimes the answers are at everyone's fingertips... some others will require a bit of work. For example, finding a source to answer question 132 only took me two days of research...  :o

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2020, 12:43:45 PM »
So, ask as much as you want, sometimes the answers are at everyone's fingertips... some others will require a bit of work. For example, finding a source to answer question 132 only took me two days of research...  :o
I love this response MeepleDrone. What percentage of the questions in this thread have prompted an addition or edit to the WikiCarpedia would you say?

And aside from its impact on the quality of WikiCarpedia, this thread is one of the liveliest places in CarcassonneCentral at the moment (outside of the Workshops I guess). I just wish my experience of Carcassonne was as broad as yours and C93's so that I could appreciate more of what you are discussing.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2020, 03:05:08 PM »
I love this response MeepleDrone. What percentage of the questions in this thread have prompted an addition or edit to the WikiCarpedia would you say?

Ha ha ha! Let me see...

* Exp. 3 - Princess and Dragon:
   - Review and additional info on dragon movement and dragon's menu/diet and interaction with The Tower.
* Exp. 4 - The Tower:
   - Note on meeples on top of a tower
* Exp. 6 - Count, King & Robber:
   - The River II for C2:
     - Renaming of "pigsty" (as in ZMG rules) to "pig-herd" as in C1 to avoid confusion with C2 pigsties in relation to Markets of Leipzig and Tollkeepers scoring.
* Exp. 8 -Castles, Bridges & Bazaars:
   - Addition of clarification for tiles allowed in a small city to become a castle
   - Addition of clarifications about when castle scoring may take place
* Mini #2 - The Messages:
   - Regrouping of info related to Rounds of Scoring
* Mini #4 - The Goldmines:
   - Addition of clarification for gold distribution and unclaimed features
   - Minor review of gold distribution when multiple features are involved
* The Watchtowers:
   - Addition of clarification about castles
   - Addition of clarification about monastic buildings
* Markets of Leipzig:
   - Addition of clarifications about monastic buildings

* Game Reference:
   - Treatment change for FFFF tile in GQ#11 so it is not a pig-herd tile (this is an official ruling; the use as pig-herd is a house rule)
   - Addition of redeployment of meeples in City of Carcassonne to other features in addition to fields for C1 (C2 only allows fields) at the end of the game.
* Order of Play:
   - Review of wording for Messages and rounds of scoring
   - Addition of individual steps for Dragon Movement and corrected misinterpretation of ZMG rules for C2 (Phases 2b and 3b)
   - Addition of more detailed info about features and bonus scoring (Step 3B)
   - Relocation of fairy bonus to correct placement (Step 3B)
   - Relocation of gold distribution to correct placement (Step 3B --> Step 3D)
* Scoring During the Game:
   - Review of scoring of the Big Top
   - Addition of ferry lakes to road scoring
   - Removal of icon of castle score trigger in fields with barns
* Scoring After the Game:
   - Review of scoring of the Big Top
   - Addition of ferry lakes to road scoring

Ohhh... It seems some parts benefited from an update so far

Can you see anything interesting? ;D

And aside from its impact on the quality of WikiCarpedia, this thread is one of the liveliest places in CarcassonneCentral at the moment (outside of the Workshops I guess). I just wish my experience of Carcassonne was as broad as yours and C93's so that I could appreciate more of what you are discussing.

I'm glad you are enjoying it too.

Broad experience? I just started reading the CAR cover to cover in August 2018...  ;D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 03:07:35 PM by Meepledrone »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2020, 06:22:12 PM »
Oops! This is a first bach of question left behind...

[112.] Who receive the points for the watchtower? The meeple placed on the watchtower tile? What happens if there are 2 or more meeples on the  watchtower (and if there are 1 red meeple and 1 blue big meeple)?

The meeple placed on the watchtower tile is the one receiving the points. The rules assume only one meeple on the watchtower tile, but you could use a flying machine, the city of Carcassonne or a crop circle to deploy more meeples. These interactions are not covered by the rules (and HiG won't be providing any clarifications as per the disclaimer in the rules).

Since the bonus goes to the meeple, no majority would be taken into consideration and each player would get the full bonus points for each meeple on the watchtower.

You can revisit the rules here:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Watchtowers#Scoring_a_feature

[113.]What happens with a wagon placed on a Castle in Germany tile?

You score normally when the German castle is completed and then you may remove the wagon or move it to an uncompleted, unoccupied feature (other than a field) on the German castle tile itself or on any adjacent tile, if available.

You can revisit the rules, including clarification 18:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Abbey_and_the_Mayor#Wagon

[114.]What happens if there are 2 tollkeepers on the same road?

When the road is completed, each toll keeper will score normally according to the usual rules. Although tollhouses are implemented tokens, the behave as a bonus associated to a figure, so they are evaluated individually, without taking into consideration majority on the feature.

You can revisit the rules here:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Tollkeepers#Scoring_a_feature

[115.] "If you use a tile to extend an open road leading to a ferry, you may now (if necessary after placing a meeple) reposition this ferry on its tile." What happens if you use a tile to extend an open road leading to a jetty?

You cannot change the ferry on that tile. In order to move a ferry, it has to be connected to the road you just extended.

Please check this clarification here:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Ferries#cite_note-5

[116.] Do you receive points with the barn for the Tanners quarter?

The Tanners quarter bonus is designed for fields at the end of the game, with the base game in mind. No official clarification addresses the interaction with barn in Abbey & Mayor. But the restrictions in the rules and knowing it was released way after Abbey & Mayor makes us think, this limitation was included on purpose in the rules. As of today, a house rule would be applied to allow fields with barns to benefit from the Tanners quarter bonus during the game.

Place check this clarification:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Markets_of_Leipzig#cite_note-10

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2020, 07:51:28 AM »
More questions left behind...

[117.] The Coat Of Arms is for tile or for city segment?

Coats of arms are associated to the feature segment: city segment or the road segment in Carcassonne Maps. Therefore, coats of arms do not have a global effect on the tile.

This fact can be exploited in cases like this tile, where the the coat of arms only benefits one of the two city segments.

Please check this clarification:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Base_game#cite_note-11

[118.] "If one or more players have not placed their abbey when the last landscape tile is drawn and placed, they may still do so, in clockwise order starting from the left of the person who placed the last tile, as long as it is in accordance with the rules." Can you receive 1 point from the fairy/a message, remove the abbot, score a pyramid etc. in this turn?

Placing the abbey should comply with the normal turn sequence and the rules for placing the abbey tile. So any action available during a normal turn placing the abbey instead of newly drawn tile should apply. There is no rule defining any additional restrictions.

The normal case would be to place and claim the abbey (and scoring it if possible) before final scoring, but other options could be possible instead of placing the meeple on the abbey tile.

So responding to your question, this last extra turn for players with their abbey tile still in their supply would allow them to score the 1-point fairy bonus, remove the abbot, score a pyramid, harvest a fruit bearing tree, place an acrobat and use the phantom to claim the abbey tile just placed, and any other action available for a normal turn.

Please check the following clarification about the extra round with abbey tiles, no restrictions are indicated:
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Abbey_and_the_Mayor#cite_note-5

[119.] When you place during the game an Abbey, you have a normal turn?

If you can place the abbey tile as per the normal rules, you will have a normal turn just restricted to placing the abbey tile instead of a newly drawn tile. See previous response.

[120.] Can the player A and B to place their robber on player C?

Yes, multiple robbers can share the same space with one or more scoring figures from one or more players. You can see here a clarification example (the starting scenario and the link to the full explanation below) where two robbers share the same space with scoring figure from two players and the possible courses of actions players may take:

http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Robbers#Example_.234

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
Some questions about the Gingerbread Man

Started by emanuele

3 Replies
Last post April 23, 2015, 01:22:31 PM
by obervet
xx
Questions about Advent Quiz

Started by Rosco

17 Replies
Last post December 18, 2017, 05:11:57 AM