Author Topic: KICKSTARTER (watch your purses)  (Read 273770 times)

Offline AdamJBavier

• Villein
  • Merit: 3
  • Maybe time to slow my orders...
    • View Profile
Re: KICKSTARTER (watch your purses)
« Reply #540 on: May 05, 2017, 10:59:20 AM »
Is anyone pledging for the Carcassonne custom shaped meeples from Meeple Source?

I found it here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/meeplesource/game-upgrades-30-by-meeple-source

I see that it is just fancy paintings for the Dragon, Princess, Teacher, Mage, Witch, Count.  Then the extra colors Lime, Lavender, Salmon, Turquoise, Sky. $8.50 per color if you get all ten colors from this Kickstarter, or $9 for 4.

The other colors can be purchased cheaper from Cundco. About $4.40 US with current conversion rates at https://cundco.de/en/accessories/87/carcassonne-meeple-in-sonderfarben if you use a no foreign fees transaction credit card and disable the Paypal conversion service.  Cundco sent me the Abbot when I got Purple and Pink even though it isn't in the picture -- maybe I got lucky.  Have to add a small amount for shipping, but there is shipping on the Kickstarter also.

I don't yet have the Mage and Witch tiles, and haven't played the Count.  Hmm will think about this Kickstarter for a bit.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 11:06:08 AM by AdamJBavier, Reason: Link to Cundco and clarification of conversion rate »

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #541 on: May 05, 2017, 01:46:16 PM »
It's unclear whether cundco are selling the Circus ringmaster in thei store at this time.

Offline AdamJBavier

• Villein
  • Merit: 3
  • Maybe time to slow my orders...
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 05, 2017, 11:26:49 PM »
It's unclear whether cundco are selling the Circus ringmaster in thei store at this time.

The Kickstarter doesn't deliver till October, so plenty of time for Cundco to get the ringmaster in stock if they don't offer them already.  You can now request replacement tiles in the new artwork.

I do like the dragon and fairy.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #543 on: May 06, 2017, 01:44:56 AM »
I see that it is just fancy paintings for the Dragon, Princess, Teacher, Mage, Witch, Count.  Then the extra colors Lime, Lavender, Salmon, Turquoise, Sky. $8.50 per color if you get all ten colors from this Kickstarter, or $9 for 4.

The other colors can be purchased cheaper from Cundco.

To be clear, what I'm interested in are the dragon, fairy, mage, witch, count and teacher meeples, not the extra colors.

Offline Erreth

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 07, 2017, 06:46:50 AM »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/meeplesource/game-upgrades-30-by-meeple-source?ref=nav_search

Just saw this today, figured some of you would like to check it out.

Only problem I see is no phantom!!

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #545 on: May 07, 2017, 11:00:23 AM »
We have a Kickstarter thread where these things are discussed - topic being merged now

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 09, 2017, 05:56:12 AM »

To be clear, what I'm interested in are the dragon, fairy, mage, witch, count and teacher meeples, not the extra colors.

I still haven't backed this as the $85 is too much for me. I'm tempted by the custom pieces, and also some of the Colt Express things, but I'm yet to put my money where my mouth is.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #547 on: May 09, 2017, 06:06:03 AM »

I still haven't backed this as the $85 is too much for me. I'm tempted by the custom pieces, and also some of the Colt Express things, but I'm yet to put my money where my mouth is.

What I'm talking about is $13. I'm not sure I see the point in paying $85 for all the existing wood in 10 different colours.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 09, 2017, 06:09:27 AM »

What I'm talking about is $13. I'm not sure I see the point in paying $85 for all the existing wood in 10 different colours.

What I'm not talking about is $13. I'm sure I see the point in paying $85 for all the existing wood in 10 different colours.

Love YOUR work jungleboy.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #549 on: May 09, 2017, 06:16:37 AM »
so what are we talking about?

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #550 on: May 09, 2017, 06:37:24 AM »
so what are we talking about?

I have no idea anymore.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #551 on: May 09, 2017, 06:38:31 AM »
I liked the turquoise and lavender meeple.

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 09, 2017, 07:04:31 AM »
I have no interest in the Count or the teacher, so I would be paying $16 (It is $3 to ship to the USA) for 4 meeple.   I don't know if I can justify $4 per meeple.  I like the other colors, but I have yet to play a 6 player game of Carcassonne, so I really don't need other colors.   I have probably talked myself into this and out of this 10 times already. 

If I hadn't already pimped my Colt Express stuff, I would be all in on this. 

In other news Sailing Towards Osiris is funded.  They have added a bunch of new stuff because a Spanish publisher has signed on to help them reduce their costs. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 07:09:45 AM by dirk2112 »

Offline Khonnor

• Duke
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
    • ~ add me on Facebook ~
« Reply #553 on: May 09, 2017, 09:23:47 AM »
I wish CUndco would sell the ringleader meeple in blue/yellow/red/green/black/pink/grey

Tempted to get the extra colors from KS, but already have purple, white, pink, brown, white...

Offline Amorpheus

• Authors
  • Duke
  • Merit: 4
  • Hoping this registration sticks :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 09, 2017, 10:08:16 AM »
I'm still fascinated by Brass, purely from an aesthetic standpoint at the moment (hence I have not shelled out $100USD). I may buy the iOS app to check out the gameplay, but I'm running out of time. Saw they have poker-chip style/size coins available now.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Keep track of your Carcassonne collection in your forum profile

Started by Scott

18 Replies
Last post April 27, 2022, 03:31:35 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Watch It Played - Carcassonne

Started by Decar

6 Replies
Last post February 02, 2018, 08:31:36 AM
by Just a Bill
xx
Kickstarter project: Carcassone collection box?

Started by Guesclin

35 Replies
Last post February 15, 2015, 02:41:55 PM
by Whaleyland
xx
Kickstarter Help Wanted

Started by Khonnor

3 Replies
Last post March 23, 2013, 11:05:12 PM
by Whaleyland
xx
KickStarter - Backed Projects