Author Topic: KICKSTARTER (watch your purses)  (Read 275776 times)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: KICKSTARTER (watch your purses)
« Reply #420 on: April 05, 2017, 06:36:30 AM »
I've just backed Baseball Highlights 2045 - I like sports games almost as much as I like smashing skeletons (not very much) - I've been playing the Android AI and play with my wife last night - very much enjoying the deck-building mechanics.  It's a very stream-lined game even though it feels complicated to start with!

Their latest KS added some more content and introduced a start-pack with less stuff in the box geared towards an introduction:
www.kickstarter.com/projects/2002188924/baseball-highlights-2045-spring-training

it's not too late to join the pledge manager!!

Offline franks

• Marquis
  • Merit: 26
  • I love Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 05, 2017, 11:26:49 PM »
I hope it's not overhyped but I'm a big fan of Dungeon Crawls and Fantasy adventure so I'm in for Gloomhaven second edition!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1350948450/gloomhaven-second-printing

Probably over doing it again but I'm also in (at least for now) for 878 Vikings - Invasions of England. I do like the series and enjoy this level and style of 'war' games.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/617871702/878-vikings-invasions-of-england?ref=user_menu
Franks

Wanna play Carc? Can we add just one more expansion?

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 06, 2017, 03:55:47 AM »
There is also a plague themed card game called "infected".  I am on the fence about backing it.  We only have 3 players most of the time and I would imagine it needs 5 minimum  :(

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackforeststudio/infected-0?ref=discovery
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 03:59:39 AM by dirk2112 »

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #423 on: April 06, 2017, 10:57:17 AM »
Will have to take a look at that one Dirk - looks interesting!

I'm not sure I understand Gloomhaven's retail model....let's kickstart a game...then when the first wave of players get their game, send some to retail....but less than a week later start a kickstarter offering the same game again for less than retail...I can't see many retailers or retail shoppers being happy with that process!

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 06, 2017, 01:39:45 PM »
Indeed, but I'm guessing that with the overall hype/success the copies that got to retail were coming from retail KS pledges.
They don't really need retail now, they can just do KS reprint campaigns.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline kistgeit

• Villein
  • Merit: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 12, 2017, 01:21:52 AM »
I recently backed my first Kickstarter: The Grimm Forest. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/druidcitygames/the-grimm-forest/description

I think the game becomes even better with the Strech Goals that have been unlocked. The campaign is nearly ending, maybe some of you are interested in backing it?

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #426 on: April 12, 2017, 01:34:21 AM »
I think quite a few people are interested in this one!

I've just seen: Bridges to Nowhere which looks nice and plays quickly...have given it a  star for now:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/469294339/bridges-to-nowhere/description

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #427 on: April 12, 2017, 10:18:06 AM »
The depth of 'Bridges to Nowhere' seemed limited to me, having now had chance to watch the video.

'Circle The Wagons' looks good for a small microgame. (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/239309591/circle-the-wagons-build-your-pocket-sized-boomtown)

We've discussed Button Shy before.  I finally emailed Jason Tagmire directly about my lack of Pentaquark and in all fairness he replied very quickly and we determined it never got sent.  So I'm hoping that will arrive any day now.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #428 on: April 12, 2017, 10:37:25 AM »
We've discussed Button Shy before.  I finally emailed Jason Tagmire directly about my lack of Pentaquark and in all fairness he replied very quickly and we determined it never got sent.  So I'm hoping that will arrive any day now.

I backed Avignon from them (with expansion) and it is supposed to ship this month, so hopefully I'll have it soon. But shipping games to Portugal seems very hazardous so I'm not sure how many more Kickstarters I will back or games I will buy online unless I have them sent to my personal postman (Chooselife).

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 12, 2017, 11:17:17 AM »
But shipping games to Portugal seems very hazardous so I'm not sure how many more Kickstarters I will back or games I will buy online unless I have them sent to my personal postman (Chooselife).
Never had any problems.  O0

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #430 on: April 13, 2017, 05:12:44 AM »
But shipping games to Portugal seems very hazardous so I'm not sure how many more Kickstarters I will back or games I will buy online unless I have them sent to my personal postman (Chooselife).
Never had any problems.  O0

I'm having a lot of problems.

First, I ordered King's Forge online in January. They tried to deliver it twice when I wasn't there, but didn't call or notify me, and didn't leave a slip for me to pick it up at the post office. I contacted the vendor, who said it appeared that it was being returned to them, but that was two months ago and I haven't heard anything since.

Secondly, I received a slip concerning a package a while back that was a card game from Belgium that I didn't recognise, but somehow thought it might have been King's Forge. After a lot of back and forth emailing with the post office, who said it would cost me €2 in fees, the package arrived yesterday and I had to pay €32 for it. And the mystery of the unknown game was that it was a second copy of Biergarten. I didn't receive my original copy in time in Switzerland so they sent another one, and somehow the first one ended up here too even though our mail forwarding service does not include packages.

Thirdly, I can see via tracking that there were two unsuccessful delivery attempts for 5-Minute Dungeon while I was away (again no contact, again no slip for pick-up from the post office). So now I fear that this will be sent back too and I don't see how I can do anything about it.

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 13, 2017, 05:47:15 AM »
Dude,

The problem isn't the post office, it's you! You're never here.  >:D >:D
With tracked items, you can request to pickup on the post office in person as long as it is before or 3days after the first attempt.
Untracked/normal post items if it doesn't fit in the mailbox and you don't open the door you will get a slip but you only have ten days to pick up. If not it's returned for sure.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #432 on: April 13, 2017, 05:50:51 AM »
Seems rough jungleboy, all that travelling getting in the way of receiving post.

It does sound like it works the same as the UK though, thankfully, we're on friendly terms with our posties; they always put items in our recycling bin too!

Can I recommend a PO Box :p

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #433 on: April 13, 2017, 05:57:00 AM »
Untracked/normal post items if it doesn't fit in the mailbox and you don't open the door you will get a slip but you only have ten days to pick up. If not it's returned for sure.

The slip system is fine but they are not leaving slips! One problem is that we have a doorcode for the building (which seems rare here) and although our main postman knows the code, because we gave it to him, that doesn't seem to have filtered down to anyone else.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 13, 2017, 10:35:23 AM »
 :(

Danispostman is always happy to help should the need arise...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Keep track of your Carcassonne collection in your forum profile

Started by Scott

18 Replies
Last post April 27, 2022, 03:31:35 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Watch It Played - Carcassonne

Started by Decar

6 Replies
Last post February 02, 2018, 08:31:36 AM
by Just a Bill
xx
Kickstarter project: Carcassone collection box?

Started by Guesclin

35 Replies
Last post February 15, 2015, 02:41:55 PM
by Whaleyland
xx
Kickstarter Help Wanted

Started by Khonnor

3 Replies
Last post March 23, 2013, 11:05:12 PM
by Whaleyland
xx
KickStarter - Backed Projects