Author Topic: KICKSTARTER (watch your purses)  (Read 273746 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: KICKSTARTER (watch your purses)
« Reply #390 on: March 08, 2017, 09:16:13 AM »
There is a lot of excitement on the BGG Facebook group about Rising Sun at the moment ::). Nothing about it particularly grabs me, least of all the price tag ($100 :o) so I've been looking for alternative games on KickStarter that may appreciate some support while the majority of the boardgaming world (US-based players at least) are emptying their wallets in CMON's direction as quickly as possible...

One thing I spotted was this which made me laugh so much that I may even pledge towards it. Probably not at the $2,500 level, but maybe for a thousandth of that.

I don't own any legacy style games so this seems like a good place to start.

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 08, 2017, 09:49:33 AM »
There is a lot of excitement on the BGG Facebook group about Rising Sun at the moment ::). Nothing about it particularly grabs me, least of all the price tag ($100 :o) so I've been looking for alternative games on KickStarter that may appreciate some support while the majority of the boardgaming world (US-based players at least) are emptying their wallets in CMON's direction as quickly as possible...

One thing I spotted was this which made me laugh so much that I may even pledge towards it. Probably not at the $2,500 level, but maybe for a thousandth of that.

I don't own any legacy style games so this seems like a good place to start.
I also don't understand the hype around miniature games, but I'll pressure Jungleboy into backing the legacy one.

In the meantime if you're are looking for games on which to burn money why not Beeeees, it sure looks fun to play with the kids and non-gamer wives.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 08, 2017, 09:52:27 AM »
I also don't understand the hype around miniature games, but I'll pressure Jungleboy into backing the legacy one.

Thanks! As you're the guardian of jungleboy's will power and wallet I was hoping you'd say that. If you could get him to go for the $2,500 pledge level that would be awesome. Cheers.

EDIT:
In the meantime if you're are looking for games on which to burn money why not Beeeees, it sure looks fun to play with the kids and non-gamer wives.

OK. Done.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 09:56:59 AM by danisthirty »

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 09, 2017, 05:11:33 PM »

We play tested beeees at Unpub.  The designer was a really nice guy.  My wife enjoyed the game so much that she is planning to back it.   I don't see the need as we already have Steam park for our fast rolling dice game needs, but she can do whatever she wants.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #394 on: March 09, 2017, 06:54:39 PM »
I'm jealous of your visit to Unpub, there are some really innovative games demoed there by all accounts.

Beees looks really fun:

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 09, 2017, 08:11:22 PM »
I'm jealous of your visit to Unpub, there are some really innovative games demoed there by all accounts.

It ain't exactly Essen.   :(

There is a lot of crap too.  We demo'd a game last year that was a complete rip off of sushi go.  It was so blatant my 7 year old said something to the guy about it.  After you play you have to write a review and we all put "Try to be different than sushi go".   ::)

Looking forward to going again on the 17th.

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 10, 2017, 02:20:30 AM »
Another new KS with a tile laying element Tribes - Early Civilization.
The gameplay looks neat but on my opinion the art is really dull and seems to have different styles across some game elements. Price doesn't help also 49EUR (w/ shipping to  :green-meeple: :yellow-meeple: :red-meeple: :red-meeple:) is on the high side and I still need to solve my current cashflow to pledge myself into Raiders of the North Sea Expansions.
Still I'll keep an eye into Tribes - Early Civilization but I'm guessing it to be right into Jungleboy sweet spot. O0 O0 >:D >:D

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #397 on: March 10, 2017, 06:35:50 AM »
I don't care for prehistory so Tribes is not for me. I start at Mesopotamia. :)

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 10, 2017, 07:18:24 AM »
I looked at Tribes and it looked interesting.  I then saw that there were no Kickstarter Exclusives and decided to just wait for it to come to the local game store (if it ever does).  Kickstarter creates this weird problem for me.  If I miss a kickstarted game that contained cool exclusives, I won't buy the game at retail because I feel like I missed something.   If a game is kickstarted without anything exclusive, I just wait for it to come to the local store.  So basically I am only happy if I kickstart something with cool exclusives. 

The Beeeees exclusive is a 6th player.  Purple dice!   :violet-meeple: :violet-meeple: :violet-meeple: :violet-meeple: 

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #399 on: March 10, 2017, 07:24:07 AM »
It's a sales-vice that doesn't work very frequently for me either.  I like a complete experience - knowing I'll miss out on an aspect of a good game, even a small one - turns me off too.  I don't mind waiting for late access though.

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 11, 2017, 12:12:41 PM »
Hi folks. Does anyone know anything about Jackal Archipelago https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mosigra/jackal-archipelago-islands-pirates-gold-and-more? I'm quite tempted, but it finishes in 9 hours and is just under $1500 short of the funding goal.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #401 on: March 12, 2017, 01:15:01 AM »
Hi folks. Does anyone know anything about Jackal Archipelago https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mosigra/jackal-archipelago-islands-pirates-gold-and-more? I'm quite tempted, but it finishes in 9 hours and is just under $1500 short of the funding goal.

It got over the line by $121! Did you back it in the end?

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 12, 2017, 01:47:51 AM »
I deliberated lots, but decided not to in the end. Thought at ~£30 it was not cheap enough to take a punt. I was thinking of getting it as a birthday gift for our youngest, but wanted him to see video to gauge his interest. It might have been a different story if I could have tried it out on TableTopia but couldn't figure out how to play - it was late and don't think 1 player is enough! The reviews I'd seen weren't exactly glowing and besides I'm under orders to not buy many games. Figured we could always try to buy it later in the year if it's available at UK Games Expo or something. Glad it was funded though.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 01:57:02 AM by Rich_The_Fish »

Offline Valheru

• Marquis
  • Merit: 19
  • More tiles, less rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 12, 2017, 01:51:08 PM »
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming..."

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 22, 2017, 04:19:36 AM »
While I try to get my cash flow around into backing Raiders of the North Sea Expansions 1BG+2EXP pledge keeping an eye on Beeeees I just found The Grimm Forest which is a must back if you have children just for the theme itself.
Even without playing with the (modifiers) Friend and Fable cards at the beggining it does seem as time well spent.

I really need to stop checking Kickstarted daily.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Keep track of your Carcassonne collection in your forum profile

Started by Scott

18 Replies
Last post April 27, 2022, 03:31:35 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Watch It Played - Carcassonne

Started by Decar

6 Replies
Last post February 02, 2018, 08:31:36 AM