Author Topic: KICKSTARTER (watch your purses)  (Read 275874 times)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: KICKSTARTER (watch your purses)
« Reply #375 on: March 02, 2017, 04:41:10 AM »
Must keep wallet closed!!!!  gaaahahaa

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 02, 2017, 04:49:27 AM »
I think I'll let you do that and I'll come over and play your copy.  :(y)

I'll let you play for free but I will bill you by the hour as a consultant, my current rate here in the office rate is 75EUR/h FYI.
But you can eat and drink everything you bring.

Must keep wallet closed!!!!  gaaahahaa
The wallet is closed I just trying to figure out if shall increase my Credit Card ceiling..... I had reduced last year.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 02, 2017, 05:04:04 AM »
All shipping rates are included in each Reward Level. US, Canada, Australia, NZ, UK, Germany and France all have no additional costs above those shown on each Reward Level. For all other areas, Kickstarter will automatically add any additional cost when selecting your reward.

What?  No love for our Portuguese and Flemish friends.  Did they throw darts at a world map to figure out free shipping?

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 02, 2017, 05:20:14 AM »
All shipping rates are included in each Reward Level. US, Canada, Australia, NZ, UK, Germany and France all have no additional costs above those shown on each Reward Level. For all other areas, Kickstarter will automatically add any additional cost when selecting your reward.

What?  No love for our Portuguese and Flemish friends.  Did they throw darts at a world map to figure out free shipping?
Indeed. Nevertheless the additional for Portugal is around 8EUR which is still cheap for the size/weight.

Good News or not, just checked the gameplay videos of Empires of The Void and although I guess I'd enjoy playing it does seems too heavy for my collection, some one less campaign clinging on my wallet.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #379 on: March 03, 2017, 03:36:56 PM »
With shipping included in the pledge price, a discount for backers of Medici: the Card Game, Grail Games' track record of delivering early on all nine of their KS campaigns, the design of Reiner Knizia and the art of Vincent Dutrait ... well, it's hard not to back King's Road.

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 03, 2017, 04:08:30 PM »
Jungleboy,

You are backing more stuff?  I am still waiting to hear your thoughts on Santorini and Saloon Tycoon.  I am also waiting for Choose life's opinion on those plus Potion Explosion.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #381 on: March 03, 2017, 04:18:09 PM »
Jungleboy,

You are backing more stuff?  I am still waiting to hear your thoughts on Santorini and Saloon Tycoon.  I am also waiting for Choose life's opinion on those plus Potion Explosion.

I played five games of Santorini back-to-back two weeks ago with a friend and loved it, so we're hoping to play again soon. It was really fun to start to figure out the strategy of the game, even without the god cards.

Sadly I haven't played Saloon Tycoon yet. Once I settle in properly here in Lisbon (taking longer than I thought), I'll be able to make a better effort to play new games with Chooselife or the Wednesday meetup group or my currently-named Pandemic Legacy group.

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 03, 2017, 04:49:01 PM »
We haven't played Pandemic Legacy in forever.  We are waiting for our Kickstarted gaming table to arrive. 

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 04, 2017, 03:15:34 AM »
Jungleboy,

Santorini is a must, it doesn't´t matter if you are an abstract, worker placement, deck builder or tile laying guy, etc, it is by far the most consistent game I've played while being utterly simple to explain to non-gamers. The more you play the more strategic it gets and gods can give the game almost infinite replayability or level the opponents expertise.
Saloon Tycoon I must say I didn't properly played it yet I just did a test run with my non-gamer wife.  It does seem to be great fun but on the test run and gameplay videos it does seem to be a lot going on to keep track, income, cube supply, etc.
Potion Explosion I'd recommend to anyone with kids or non-gamer companions. It's just like playing any mobile color blocks/combinations game but in boardgame form while being a intro to ever more complex games.

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 04, 2017, 07:12:20 AM »
Santorini is the best of the 3, but it gets the least amount of game play at my house.  My wife just really loves potion explosion and my son (who is 8 and has no trouble keeping track of anything) loves saloon tycoon.   I think the main problem is that it is a 2 player game and we almost always have 3.  By the time my son goes to bed, my wife is in TV mode.  I do recommend randomly picking God cards and then switching and playing with the same cards.  Because some of the God cards are a bit better than others, it is the only way to be fair. 

In better late than never Kickstarter news, Pack O Game SET 2 is finally shipping.  This was SUPPOSED to be a stocking stuffer for my wife and son, but now it may be part of an Easter gift (fingers crossed).  I may be able to hold onto them for next Xmas, but the local store will probably have them on display and I worry that my wife will buy them.

I have my copy of Mint Works in hand, but haven't played it yet. 

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #385 on: March 04, 2017, 11:38:41 AM »
In better late than never Kickstarter news, Pack O Game SET 2 is finally shipping.

I've been waiting for this too. I thought the pack would be brilliant as a travel companion, but I'm not sure it will be here in time for our first big trip of the year which is only 10 days away.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #386 on: March 04, 2017, 11:45:42 AM »
Lucky you've got Onirim! You should look at 'ravens of thri sahashri' and 'and then we held hands', both 2-player but might be good if you're traveling with junglegirl!

I'm happy that By Order of the Queen reached it's last stretchgoal.  Junking was one of the first game I've seen to distribute to the UK far ahead of the USA...I doubt that will happen again, but the previous projects have been wonderful!

The Raiders of the North Seas Expansions are drawing me in, the mechanics are straightfoward and the artwork is amazing; they both seem a little pricey though!

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 04, 2017, 11:50:02 AM »
The Raiders of the North Seas Expansions are drawing me in, the mechanics are straightfoward and the artwork is amazing; they both seem a little pricey though!
And I still need to add the base game..... Not sure about the Collector Box tough.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #388 on: March 04, 2017, 11:56:46 AM »
I crumbled....

Thankfully I ordered the last 3 games in their last kickstarter  :(y)

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #389 on: March 07, 2017, 12:46:05 PM »
Jungleboy - if you like dice rolling games at the moment have you seen "Too Many Bones?"

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Keep track of your Carcassonne collection in your forum profile

Started by Scott

18 Replies
Last post April 27, 2022, 03:31:35 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Watch It Played - Carcassonne

Started by Decar

6 Replies
Last post February 02, 2018, 08:31:36 AM