Author Topic: KICKSTARTER (watch your purses)  (Read 275575 times)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: KICKSTARTER (watch your purses)
« Reply #360 on: February 11, 2017, 09:02:55 AM »
Anyone backing Delve?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2012515236/delve

I'm undecided, Rahdo's run-through was pretty incoherent.

By Order of the Queen is knocking down stretch goals very well at the moment!

Offline franks

• Marquis
  • Merit: 26
  • I love Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 11, 2017, 09:18:36 AM »
Nope!

While I love tile laying and especially Dungeon Crawls, (on of my favourite genre's), this just isn't clicking for me, maybe its the competitive nature. Dungeon crawls for me are best as coops. Not sure exactly what else but the theme and game play just seems a little too contrived for my taste.

On top of that, right now there seem to be a plethora of games with similar tile laying mechanisms, like Honshu https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/207336/honshu, (which I've preordered and really look forward to) and even Capital https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/206803/capitalhas some similarities in the tile laying.

I like certain aspects of Delve but in the end I've decided to pass on this one.
Franks

Wanna play Carc? Can we add just one more expansion?

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #362 on: February 11, 2017, 09:29:52 AM »
Thanks Franks!  Yes - it seems to not be ticking a box for me either.  I think Clank! might be more fun.  I watched a 'Watched It Played' video last night and it looked more interesting!

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 13, 2017, 10:51:39 AM »
I watched a few of the Delve videos and I must say my interest decreased the more I watched.  I think the rooms are just too cluttered with treasure and what not.  It would be cool if the tiles had some bad guys on it so that I could place them in a room where my wife had ownership or something like that.  The other issue is the amount of time it takes things to resolve.  You can place a Carcassonne tile that closes a big city, a road, and possibly a few cloisters.  At most it takes 30 seconds to add up the points and return the meeple.  With this you can add a tile, close 3 or 4 rooms and forget whose turn it was by the time everything is resolved. 

I was hoping for a Zelda Carcassonne or maybe a HeroQuest Carcassonne, but this isn't either. 

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #364 on: February 14, 2017, 07:29:37 AM »
Any love for Dwarves: Dig, Delve, Die? I had completely forgotten about it but I just got the reminder email. Dice and dwarves is a pretty nice combo :)

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 14, 2017, 07:36:25 AM »
Any love for Dwarves: Dig, Delve, Die? I had completely forgotten about it but I just got the reminder email. Dice and dwarves is a pretty nice combo :)
The art doesn't ring any bells on my wallet and with Dice of Crowns and Sagrada on the collection not sure I want to step on anymore dice.
But if you back it I'll we can play it   ;D

I'm also reserving my March KS allowence for Quodd Heroes.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #366 on: February 14, 2017, 09:08:02 AM »
The art doesn't ring any bells on my wallet and with Dice of Crowns and Sagrada on the collection not sure I want to step on anymore dice.
But if you back it I'll we can play it   ;D

The custom dice might have put me over the top...

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 15, 2017, 07:11:40 AM »
Two nice little fillers with tile laying action:
Dragon Dodge
Ore-Some

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #368 on: February 15, 2017, 09:36:49 AM »
Dragon Dodge
Ore-Some

Damn you Chooselife! These both look pretty cool at first glance, I'll have a deeper look at both. Also, the meeples from Dragon Dodge look like great pimping opportunities for Princess & Dragon and Mage & Witch!

Edit: Having looked a little deeper, if I had to choose one, I think I'd choose Dragon Dodge. I backed for $1 so I could ask a question in the comments section, so I'm half sucked in already.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 11:59:33 AM by jungleboy »

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 15, 2017, 12:26:05 PM »

Edit: Having looked a little deeper, if I had to choose one, I think I'd choose Dragon Dodge. I backed for $1 so I could ask a question in the comments section, so I'm half sucked in already.

I am more interested in ore-some, but not at that price.  At $20, I would back, but at ~$43 not happening.  I do love the little mine carts though. 

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #370 on: February 21, 2017, 09:55:36 AM »
Dragon Dodge
Ore-Some

An update on these two:

I've backed Dragon Dodge, which is about halfway to funding with 26 days to go. I think it's an interesting little game because there are a few aspects of tile-laying in this game (namely the ability to rotate already placed tiles and the ability to remove and subsequently replace tiles) that seem to be quite new and innovative compared to the usual landscape building games (e.g. Carcassonne, Cacao, Isle of Skye) or route-building games (Tsuro, Karuba, Indigo etc).

I haven't backed Ore-Some, though it does look like a cool little game. It's 75% funded with 20 days to go.

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 27, 2017, 08:42:44 AM »
In what might be the first huge KS of the year Empires of The Voice just got funded in 31 minutes.
I'll need more info about the overall game play but being a huge fan of Above and Below and craving the arrival of Near and Far, I'll keep a very close look into this one, and any Red Raven releases for that matter. ^-^ ^-^

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 27, 2017, 10:22:26 AM »
In what might be the first huge KS of the year Empires of The Voice just got funded in 31 minutes.
I'll need more info about the overall game play but being a huge fan of Above and Below and craving the arrival of Near and Far, I'll keep a very close look into this one, and any Red Raven releases for that matter. ^-^ ^-^

That looks interesting, but I don't quite know what to make of it.   I was planning on backing Alien Frontiers, but my wife found that Stone Age was back in print and talked me into getting that worker placement game instead.   

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 02, 2017, 04:20:52 AM »
But why don't the schedule the KS campaigns to end on the end of the month?????

On top of Empires of The Voice with just released gameplay videos, Raiders of the North Sea Expansions were also launched this month. While the "North Sea Saga" is a thrilogy and there is a take it all pledge of 260EUR, I've to say that Raiders is of the three the only one that caught my attention, so I would love to back the game plus the 2 expansions pledge for 125EUR.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #374 on: March 02, 2017, 04:32:52 AM »
While the "North Sea Saga" is a thrilogy and there is a take it all pledge of 260EUR, I've to say that Raiders is of the three the only one that caught my attention, so I would love to back the game plus the 2 expansions pledge for 125EUR.

I think I'll let you do that and I'll come over and play your copy.  :(y)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Keep track of your Carcassonne collection in your forum profile

Started by Scott

18 Replies
Last post April 27, 2022, 03:31:35 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Watch It Played - Carcassonne

Started by Decar

6 Replies
Last post February 02, 2018, 08:31:36 AM
by Just a Bill
xx
Caral, a new game by KJW on Kickstarter

Started by Meepledrone

3 Replies
Last post October 22, 2021, 03:25:38 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Travel Pack Contest - The Kickstarter Kicker

Started by Decar

17 Replies
Last post February 08, 2017, 12:12:32 AM
by Decar
xx
Kickstarter project: Carcassone collection box?

Started by Guesclin

35 Replies
Last post February 15, 2015, 02:41:55 PM
by Whaleyland