Author Topic: KICKSTARTER (watch your purses)  (Read 275819 times)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: KICKSTARTER (watch your purses)
« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2016, 03:41:28 AM »
I think I'll look at picking these up after the event - Orc and the mancala games looked the best to me.

In other news Dan and I have been immortalized, WDYT?

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2016, 04:28:41 AM »
In other news Dan and I have been immortalized, WDYT?

Looks great! I wonder if we'll end up on the same card? (Perhaps not because both pairs are sitting at a table.)

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2016, 06:53:55 AM »
I was looking at the Evolution CLIMATE kickstarter  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1923120194/evolution-climate-a-stand-alone-boardgame.  I am trying to find somewhere nearby to try the original game before committing to this one. 

In the mean time, being a few days out of KS, some new interesting projects got launched:
Pack O Game SET 2 A lot of small, quick and simple games at a great value looks greatly wife and kids friendly.

I am going to back this one as well.   If they get delivered before Xmas, they will make some excellent stocking stuffers.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 07:00:48 AM by dirk2112 »

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2016, 08:42:57 AM »
Saloon Tycoon - 4 days to go
The campaign for this 3D tile laying game has just kept going and going, with no mid-campaign drop-off. They're almost at $60,000 and yet another stretch goal. There are already three KS exclusive mini-expansion stretch goals that have been reached, and potentially another one at $70,000.

35 hours to go and there are now 5 - count 'em, FIVE - KS exclusive mini-expansions that have been unlocked. Get on board!

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 14, 2016, 10:06:47 AM »
The campaign for this 3D tile laying game has just kept going and going, with no mid-campaign drop-off. They're almost at $60,000 and yet another stretch goal. There are already three KS exclusive mini-expansion stretch goals that have been reached, and potentially another one at $70,000.

35 hours to go and there are now 5 - count 'em, FIVE - KS exclusive mini-expansions that have been unlocked. Get on board!

Still thinking on backing or not but I'm sure to be on your wife blacklist by now.
Just saw your "Kickstarter Krazy" personnel profile text, loved it.  >:D >:D :)) :)) :))
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 14, 2016, 10:44:53 AM »

Looks really interesting.ive never backed a game on kickstarter before. Anything I need to know before I back a project?

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #171 on: March 14, 2016, 11:18:01 AM »
Looks really interesting.ive never backed a game on kickstarter before. Anything I need to know before I back a project?

You have to pay by credit card - no paypal. Estimated delivery is August 2016, but this should be taken as a rough date. Some (many?) projects end up delivering late.

I think that's about it.

Meanwhile, the 6th mini-expansion will fall before sunrise tomorrow in Europe :)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #172 on: March 14, 2016, 02:57:26 PM »
Meanwhile, the 6th mini-expansion will fall before sunrise tomorrow in Europe :)

I underestimated - it's already been unlocked. This campaign is just flying now, over 400% funded.

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 14, 2016, 04:13:19 PM »
You are so totally talking me into this.  The game looks fun, but the long playthrough video was horrible.

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 15, 2016, 03:02:03 AM »
My name is Pedro, and I've a problem....

Sorry, I meant to say I just jumped on board the Stagecoach going West.  :-X :-X

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #175 on: March 15, 2016, 05:30:35 AM »
A couple of projects that are worth mentioning here:

Little Drop of Poison
A card game where you play as rats and weasels and try to poison each other or the king. It looks like a fun social game that's easy to teach and quick to play. It's already funded and has reached some stretch goals (multi-colour poison, antidote cards, card upgrade).

Sabotile: Isles of Hexoté
A hexagonal tile-laying game where you are trying to recover the lost sacred totem of your tribe. You can sabotage the other players as you go. It just started its campaign so it's a long way from funding.

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 15, 2016, 08:21:59 AM »
Saloon Tycoon is up to $90,000.  We get cowboy meeples  :brown-meeple: and a promise of claims cards for the mini-expansions if it makes it to $100,000. 

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #177 on: March 15, 2016, 09:52:32 AM »
70 hours closing on Kingdom Builder: The Harvest - that's the only thing on my radar at the moment.  They've been kind enough to give an extra copy of the cards to every backer, so I can replace the old ones I've not received from the last kickstarter yet  :(y) :(y) :(y) That's future proofing

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #178 on: March 15, 2016, 11:58:54 AM »
House of Borgia - 4 days to go
A social deduction game centred around the theme of a Papal enclave, which suits me greatly as most of my best friends are Catholics or (former) Vatican tour guides or both. It was finally funded overnight after ages of being close but not quite there. There are a couple of easily-obtainable stretch goals in the last few days to improve the dice and other components.

An update on this with 15 hours to go. It has had a strong finish and some stretch goals have been reached, mostly component upgrades. There is another nice one at $35K that should be reached too.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #179 on: March 15, 2016, 01:11:05 PM »
I've got my eye out for a dice chucking game - hopefully with a smaller player count though.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Keep track of your Carcassonne collection in your forum profile

Started by Scott

18 Replies
Last post April 27, 2022, 03:31:35 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Watch It Played - Carcassonne

Started by Decar

6 Replies
Last post February 02, 2018, 08:31:36 AM
by Just a Bill
xx
Kickstarter project: Carcassone collection box?

Started by Guesclin

35 Replies
Last post February 15, 2015, 02:41:55 PM
by Whaleyland
xx
Kickstarter Help Wanted

Started by Khonnor

3 Replies
Last post March 23, 2013, 11:05:12 PM
by Whaleyland
xx
KickStarter - Backed Projects