Author Topic: KICKSTARTER (watch your purses)  (Read 277365 times)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: KICKSTARTER (watch your purses)
« Reply #150 on: March 10, 2016, 10:31:16 AM »
You know Queen Games are doing well when they couldn't even be bothered to do a video for this kickstarter.

I can't believe they've created a Big Box that doesn't correctly hold all the items, but are offering a new-style as an extra from their Marshlands kickstarter.  It's all pretty weak.....I'm a sucker though....

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #151 on: March 10, 2016, 03:33:01 PM »
Anyone in for the latest Kingdom Builder expansion?

Kingdom Builder Harvest

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1016374822/kingdom-builder-harvest

Marshlands isn't even out yet and they are back with another one! I will have to take a closer look, after work  >:D
Granted, Marshlands got delayed a year because of all the contractual stuff, so this one was probably already being prepped for release in 2016.

You know Queen Games are doing well when they couldn't even be bothered to do a video for this kickstarter.

I can't believe they've created a Big Box that doesn't correctly hold all the items, but are offering a new-style as an extra from their Marshlands kickstarter.  It's all pretty weak.....I'm a sucker though....
Queen Games is über lazy these days, and I am sick of their excuses. I only ever backed Urbanization from them, and that was a truly new game different from anything else they've released since. I'd back Kingdom Builder Big Box if only my partner liked the game, but she doesn't for some reason so I really have no justification (or money) for it. Perhaps when the tenth expansion is out, I can convince her. Granted, if the app ever got some IAP, I'd probably just go down that route instead. The Big Box for Alhambra (which I owned before the Kickstarter) released alongside The Falconers expansion in 2014 and they didn't redesign the box to hold the new expansion or the larger deluxe edition game board (and they didn't in the second Kickstarter for the Alhambra Family Big Box either). I feel that was a mistake on their part.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #152 on: March 10, 2016, 03:38:15 PM »
IAP?  More like: Much Needed Love And Attention, It's Lacking In So Many Ways....MNLAAILISMW.

Mind you it's only about £1.50, it's a good sampler.

Offline Andrew the Ambo

• Count
  • Merit: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 10, 2016, 09:28:22 PM »
I was in at about $3500.

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #154 on: March 10, 2016, 10:05:06 PM »
I was in at about $3500.
Wow! I don't think my entire collection is worth that much. Maybe it is, but if so, that's probably too much for me.

Offline Andrew the Ambo

• Count
  • Merit: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 10, 2016, 11:33:53 PM »
I meant when the pledges for the Kingdom Builder kickstarter was at $3500. It had only been going a few hours then.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 11:35:25 PM by Andrew the Ambo »

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2016, 04:19:43 AM »
An update on the three current projects that I'm backing. All three are already funded and ending soon, in case anyone wants to jump in. (I decided to drop my pledge for Steam Court after all.)

Butterfly Garden - 4 days to go
A light and very portable filler game that junglegirl should like and that is a great game for a picnic. This is now Steve Finn's most backed game on KS (and he now publishes all his games through KS). Two card upgrade SGs have been reached, and now I'm hoping that he'll get to $25,000 for another upgrade (turning the jar and garden cards into punchboard tiles).

House of Borgia - 4 days to go
A social deduction game centred around the theme of a Papal enclave, which suits me greatly as most of my best friends are Catholics or (former) Vatican tour guides or both. It was finally funded overnight after ages of being close but not quite there. There are a couple of easily-obtainable stretch goals in the last few days to improve the dice and other components.

Saloon Tycoon - 4 days to go
The campaign for this 3D tile laying game has just kept going and going, with no mid-campaign drop-off. They're almost at $60,000 and yet another stretch goal. There are already three KS exclusive mini-expansion stretch goals that have been reached, and potentially another one at $70,000.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2016, 04:48:33 AM »
Can I just remind you of the topic of this thread: "KICKSTARTER (watch your purses)"

Your post is like asking me how my blood sugar management is going whilst handing me a big bag of my favourite chocolates! :P

Now I need to buy all the things, mostly through fear that in 10 years time, on SaloonTycoonCentral.com, all the cool kids will be talking about how wonderful it is to own the special KS exclusive mini-expansions and I'll be sat in the corner, crying into my beer because I decided I didn't need yet more things to spend my money on back in the days before I won the lottery...

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #158 on: March 11, 2016, 06:22:03 AM »
Can I just remind you of the topic of this thread: "KICKSTARTER (watch your purses)"

So your kids won't get to go to college, but at least they'll have access to a shelf or two full of great games!

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2016, 07:51:07 AM »
I forgot to back Too Many Bones yesterday evening, so I missed out there.

I'm intrigued by Saloon Tycoon, I need to watch some more videos.

I've had a few expensive things to pay for this week, so probably best to forget about Kickstarters for now ....  :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2016, 09:58:37 AM »
I'm almost in on Saloon Tycoon but backing it is indeed a matter of cash-flow.

In the mean time, being a few days out of KS, some new interesting projects got launched:
Pack O Game SET 2 A lot of small, quick and simple games at a great value looks greatly wife and kids friendly.

Pegged In Oh! is it wood crafted?? Ok, I'm pretty much in.

Cubetto Out of my league but it looks like a really fun afternoon with the kids.

LACORSA Ok wood projects again? This one also deserves a good thought and the mechanics seem like one of those games that you start really friendly and end up ruining up a long friendship, a marriage, smashing some game pieces in the way.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2016, 10:17:12 AM »
On mobile so I can't link but did you see Sovrano on KS Chooselife? It's a chess-type wooden game.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 11, 2016, 11:13:13 AM »
 ;)
I guess that both Sovrano and Pegged In are also good DIY candidates so I might go for the print&plays and or rulebooks.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #164 on: March 14, 2016, 03:39:07 AM »
In the mean time, being a few days out of KS, some new interesting projects got launched:
Pack O Game SET 2 A lot of small, quick and simple games at a great value looks greatly wife and kids friendly.

Thanks for the tip about this one! I've backed it and I'm really excited about it, as I travel a lot anyway and will be travelling even more in the next few years, so this is absolutely perfect. So far there are 8 games in the set with a 9th soon to be unlocked and potentially more to come. The 'pod' case that carries them only fits 8, but that's OK as it means I can choose my favourite 8 and bring them on a long trip. So far I really like the look of RUM, ORC, BOO, NUT and DIG, with GYM as my 6th. BOX, SPY and SOW are the ones I'd consider cutting from my final 8. At the moment BOX or SPY are probably first on the chopping block.

This is the second set like this from the same designer. The second set games are generally considered to be deeper and a bit more strategic (within the framework of a micro game) than the first set, which for example had the 'catapult-like' FLY as one of its core games.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Keep track of your Carcassonne collection in your forum profile

Started by Scott

18 Replies
Last post April 27, 2022, 03:31:35 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Watch It Played - Carcassonne

Started by Decar

6 Replies
Last post February 02, 2018, 08:31:36 AM
by Just a Bill
xx
Kickstarter project: Carcassone collection box?

Started by Guesclin

35 Replies
Last post February 15, 2015, 02:41:55 PM
by Whaleyland
xx
Kickstarter Help Wanted

Started by Khonnor

3 Replies
Last post March 23, 2013, 11:05:12 PM
by Whaleyland
xx
KickStarter - Backed Projects