Author Topic: Connection problems with JCZ  (Read 3130 times)

Offline B1tchFight

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Connection problems with JCZ
« on: April 09, 2017, 04:33:11 PM »
First of all I am not a internet nerd. Forgive me if I posted this question in the wrong topic.

Hey, back in the board game days I loved that game and I wanted to show this to my girlfriend because she likes old school board games. It runs very good and without problems on my PC and my laptop. But its having connection problems on her laptop. (it has way more then enough performance)

When she tries to select online play it says "Connection failed" she usually plays in German. There it states out "Address family not supported by protocol family"(English error)  at the English client it just says "Connection timed out" I checked all the obvious things like firewall and antivir (she doesn't have one atm)  We tried cable and wireless.

Anything we can do about this? :/ I wish to play with her since she's not here for quite a few days.

Also: why do I have to answer 3 questions AND a letter code? This freaked me out at the registration since I don't know all the answers and had to google that stuff. And as you can see my English is not the best. Being force to give answer that are stored in a Annotated Rules just to download the Annotated Rules is kinda stupid... And for what? Basically no reason... :/ To be honest... If I have to dig out every answer for these questions then this keeps me from posting further stuff -.-* 

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3248.0

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Connection problems with JCZ
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 05:22:01 PM »
Welcome to the forums B1tchFight. Thanks for that contribution.

I would suggest contacting JCloisterZone's developer via the JCloisterZone website. You can find it by Googling JCloisterZone or by visiting www.jcloisterzone.com.

Although we use JCloisterZone here to play our online tournaments, Carcassonne Central has no direct affiliation with JCloisterZone. As such, while there might be someone here who can help with it, I'd say the developer's website would be the best place to ask if you'd like a quick answer.

Offline B1tchFight

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 09:28:43 PM »
I know that you have no direct affiliation with that software. But as you said. I expected that someone could help me. ^^

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 10:42:16 PM »
Obvious thing to check out is Java version. Try to uninstall current Java and install the latest one from java.com. Also make sure that Java isn't blocked by firewall (I have such issue once).
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 12:18:06 AM »
Also: why do I have to answer 3 questions AND a letter code? This freaked me out at the registration since I don't know all the answers and had to google that stuff. And as you can see my English is not the best. Being force to give answer that are stored in a Annotated Rules just to download the Annotated Rules is kinda stupid... And for what? Basically no reason... :/ To be honest... If I have to dig out every answer for these questions then this keeps me from posting further stuff -.-*

You said you are not one of those internet nerds, so it is unlikely you will understand. It seems you found the answer, so your account has been created, it will not prevent you from posting further stuff as you suggested.

Offline B1tchFight

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 03:29:52 AM »

You said you are not one of those internet nerds, so it is unlikely you will understand. It seems you found the answer, so your account has been created, it will not prevent you from posting further stuff as you suggested.

I know there are spam bots out there but to be honest... 3 questions + a security code? Hell this is overdoing... And then game specific questions... I am just saying that this is way to much.

Anyway, thanks for answers. No, the java version is the latest one. Checked it myself. It's also not blocked anymore.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Problems Using JCZ on Surface Pro

Started by ARabidMeerkat

3 Replies
Last post August 24, 2017, 10:39:50 AM
by Decar
xx
Carcassonne League game connection

Started by Rosco

25 Replies
Last post July 01, 2014, 12:28:16 PM