Author Topic: Order of play flow chart?  (Read 14627 times)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
Re: Order of play flow chart?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 03:26:53 PM »
Could not open this with my phone but on the computer it works.

A good effort was put into this, nicely done!

Can you change the background? The colours don't do well if one would print this out. Perhaps having coloured sections somewhere where there is no text, like the inside of a bubble's frame and keep white background for all the text.

Thanks in advance.
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2016, 03:18:12 AM »
Great effort boileroo! I can't believe you've only received one merit for it. ??? Please accept one from me also... :(y)

Whilst it might not be 100% complete in terms of expansions, your use of colour made it interesting for me, and I really liked the overall look and feel. I hope you will be prepared to keep this up to date as more expansions become available! :)

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2016, 06:09:11 AM »
Do you think of something lise this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxjAmu3pSTKzaG0tMGhxVXRvNEE/view?usp=sharing

It's in german and I think the latest expansions are missing.

Fritz_Spinne - I need this to be more complicated. Do you have it in Swahili??  :o
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2016, 07:53:47 AM »

Fritz_Spinne - I need this to be more complicated. Do you have it in Swahili??  :o
Haha, we could try to transliterate it into Kanji if this helps. :D
Safari

(\__/)
 (O.o )
 (> < )
 This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2016, 08:56:34 AM »

Haha, we could try to transliterate it into Kanji if this helps. :D

:(y)   :))

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2016, 01:21:30 PM »

Pm CarcassonneForum the author wrote he has the files in German and English for Powerpoint.

Offline Christopher

• Count
  • Merit: 12
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 05:20:01 AM »
This is amazing! Merit! I love the colours and the curly arrows.
Look to the north. Keep looking. There's nothing coming from the south.

Offline Christopher

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2016, 12:59:11 AM »
I LOVE this flow chart. Colourful, simple, great for newer and even veteran players when combining a few expansions! I hope you are able to keep updating it as expansions are added! Are you taking ideas for tweaks too?

I was thinking, the Princess bit 'you may remove a knight' then directs straight over to the green bits, and doesn't have any arrows leading to follower placement. I know this is because you can't place a follower if you remove a knight, but because the text reads 'may' and then directs to green, to me it implies that you go to that step even if you don't remove a knight, suggesting that you can't lay a follower at all, which you can if you don't remove a knight. Might just be me though.

The colours, too, as Paul said. I love them, but when I printed it out, the 'Lay the tile' and 'if the tile has' boxes were hard to read.

An arrow from the 'if the tile had a builder' box back up to purple might be nice too.

Maybe change 'ghost' to 'phantom' as that is the commonly used English translation.

'If the tile has a gold symbol' appears twice in the list. Is that deliberate?

Follower deployment needs tower pieces and little buildings added as 'may deploy.'

Possible additions could be plague token and outbreak numbers, catapult rounds and festival follower removal? Optional bridge placement if not required when placing the tile?

I would also change the wording 'You must lay a bridge down if required' to 'You may lay a bridge down'. This is just me being a bit picky!

I think this statement on bridges says 'must' because you MUST lay the bridge at this point if the tile placement would be illegal otherwise, i.e. due to the road.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 06:52:53 AM by Christopher »

Offline ARabidMeerkat

• Count
  • Merit: 2
  • To play or not to play... that is the question!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2016, 01:51:40 AM »
I would also change the wording 'You must lay a bridge down if required' to 'You may lay a bridge down'. This is just me being a bit picky!

I think this statement on bridges says 'must' because you MUST lay the bridge at this point if the tile placement would be illegal otherwise, i.e. due to the road.

Very good point! What I meant by this was that people don't have to always lay bridges after their turn unless said tile is in an illegal spot and could be recitifed by the placement of a bridge piece. I think I managed to confuse myself! So actually bioleroo is correct! Sorry!

Also, +1 merit for your precise detailing of corrections and alterations to be made, even my own one! No offense taken.....
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 01:55:42 AM by ARabidMeerkat »
If only I had another Halfling.....

Offline Christopher

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2016, 11:31:25 AM »

Very good point! What I meant by this was that people don't have to always lay bridges after their turn unless said tile is in an illegal spot and could be recitifed by the placement of a bridge piece. I think I managed to confuse myself! So actually bioleroo is correct! Sorry!

Also, +1 merit for your precise detailing of corrections and alterations to be made, even my own one! No offense taken.....

Thank you! I love this flow chart, hopefully Bolieroo can keep updating it!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 11:39:38 AM by Christopher »

Offline Christopher

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2016, 02:13:28 PM »
Boileroo! Come back to us! Come finish your flowchart so that we may bask in its glory!

Offline Christopher

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2016, 08:57:39 AM »
Hello all!

So... after a while, it seemed liked Bolieroo was MIA. I loved the flowchart idea, I thought it would make playing large games much easier. I used Bolieroo's flowchart as a template and expanded on it, taking everything from the CAR order of play section and putting it into a flowchart. It ended up being pretty wordy. And having spent so much time on it, I think I know it more or less back to front anyway. So I don't think I've ever used it! It's not nearly as pretty as Boileroo's, and I'm not really computer-y so it's in Microsoft Word. I was thinking of adding a copy of the summary of figure characteristics table from the CAR. I'll probably stick it in the downloads section sometime or other.

Offline Christopher

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2017, 08:56:36 AM »
Hello all!

As I mentioned, I finished the order of play flowchart and included everything. It was far too complicated.

http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=331

As a result, I simplified it. I boiled it down to a brief summary of the order of play, which can be used whilst playing. Then I threw in the table of wooden pieces from the CAR, for convenience. In this context, the flier row indicates if the wooden piece can use the flier, and the flier column indicates where the flier can land.

http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=332

If you find them of any use or have any suggestions, let me know!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Order of play in french

Started by corinthiens13

154 Replies
Last post October 13, 2021, 09:06:23 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Wikicarpedia - Reference Pages Review - Order of Play

Started by Meepledrone

17 Replies
Last post March 24, 2019, 06:18:53 PM