Author Topic: New editions of games  (Read 11243 times)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
Re: New editions of games
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2018, 06:18:34 AM »
A new edition of the previously out-of-print Finca (mentioned a couple of times upthread) is on Kickstarter at the moment. Finca is one of my favourite Euro games and has been hard to get for quite a few years now (I tracked down a copy in Italy once). It's already funded but unfortunately it seems like quite a lacklustre KS campaign and is a straight reprint with no new elements or component upgrades (except for one stretch goal that looks unlikely to be reached) or any of the usual fun KS stuff. It seems like a missed opportunity to be honest, but, anyway, it's a fun game and it's finally available again so it's worth taking a look at.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 06:22:14 AM by jungleboy »

Offline franks

• Marquis
  • Merit: 26
  • I love Carcassonne
    • View Profile
Re: New editions of games
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2018, 10:40:25 AM »
A new edition of the previously out-of-print Finca (mentioned a couple of times upthread) is on Kickstarter at the moment. Finca is one of my favourite Euro games and has been hard to get for quite a few years now (I tracked down a copy in Italy once). It's already funded but unfortunately it seems like quite a lacklustre KS campaign and is a straight reprint with no new elements or component upgrades (except for one stretch goal that looks unlikely to be reached) or any of the usual fun KS stuff. It seems like a missed opportunity to be honest, but, anyway, it's a fun game and it's finally available again so it's worth taking a look at.

Agreed on the lacklustre campaign - at the same time its good to see a new company try to grow itself. The shipping fees are causing a bit of a tizzy for some but that is less of a concern if folks are able to do group buys.

Great little game with a super fun rondel mechanism, deserves to get back in print!

Thankfully I also own a copy already.
Franks

Wanna play Carc? Can we add just one more expansion?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Do You Feel The New & Old Carcassonne Editions Are Compatible?

Started by ARabidMeerkat

15 Replies
Last post June 28, 2015, 03:52:52 PM
by ARabidMeerkat
xx
Unusual Editions of Carcassonne

Started by danisthirty

10 Replies
Last post September 23, 2013, 06:13:06 AM
by danisthirty
xx
Printing consistency of Giochi Uniti (Italian) editions?

Started by Just a Bill

7 Replies
Last post June 12, 2018, 08:53:44 AM
by danisthirty
xx
Question regarding the Winter editions

Started by OneEyedOwl

2 Replies
Last post January 28, 2022, 11:29:10 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Carcassonne Expansions 6&8 English Editions "At The Printer"