Author Topic: Carcassonne Central Secret Santa  (Read 34387 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne Central Secret Santa
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2017, 07:18:31 AM »
Dan, I have received a present but, it would appear, you have managed to somehow mix up the addresses.

There's a slim chance I put that on the address label owing to an unfortunate time travelling mishap where I saw a photo of you from 200 years in the future and mistakenly mistook you for someone who looked like they might be headings towards (at some point in the distant future) getting on (a bit).

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Merit: 25
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2017, 07:45:08 AM »
Dan, I have received a present but, it would appear, you have managed to somehow mix up the addresses.

There's a slim chance I put that on the address label owing to an unfortunate time travelling mishap where I saw a photo of you from 200 years in the future and mistakenly mistook you for someone who looked like they might be headings towards (at some point in the distant future) getting on (a bit).

Ah, that's ok then. I knew that there would be a simple, logical explanation for it.  ::)

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2017, 08:08:12 AM »
You managed to save yourself out of that situation with this explanation, Dan. The(old?)SteveAllen buys it.

Luckily, I'm just thinking this out loud instead of posting this in this thread.  :o

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2017, 08:26:02 AM »
You managed to save yourself out of that situation with this explanation, Dan. The(old?)SteveAllen buys it.

Luckily, I'm just thinking this out loud instead of posting this in this thread.  :o

Thomas, I do hope that you are not inferring that my good friend Mr Isthirty is being in any way economical with the truth on this. If he says that he was time travelling, then I believe that he was time travelling. I have heard that it is a popular pastime in the Reading area.  :))

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2017, 08:32:24 AM »

Thomas, I do hope that you are not inferring that my good friend Mr Isthirty is being in any way economical with the truth on this. If he says that he was time travelling, then I believe that he was time travelling. I have heard that it is a popular pastime in the Reading area.  :))

That's not what I said at all! I said reading was a popular pastime in the Time Travelling area!

Offline thodekey

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2017, 08:37:36 AM »

Haha, young man Steve,

I wouldn't dare.  I might be inferring that Mr Isthirtyseven (nice age btw, I'm planning on choosing that one next year myself) has a large imagination but I wouldn't dare to go further than that.
I have a World Cup Game planned against Dan this evening, I hope he doesn't use his TimeTravelling skills then... (maybe that's why I keep on loosing against him!)  ;)

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2017, 08:39:29 AM »

That's not what I said at all! I said reading was a popular pastime in the Time Travelling area!

I blame you for sending me that ridiculous book "1000 popular mondegreens for Haiku enthusiasts" for Christmas last year Dan. I knew that nothing good would come of it.

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2017, 08:43:17 AM »

Haha, young man Steve,

I wouldn't dare.  I might be inferring that Mr Isthirtyseven (nice age btw, I'm planning on choosing that one next year myself) has a large imagination but I wouldn't dare to go further than that.
I have a World Cup Game planned against Dan this evening, I hope he doesn't use his TimeTravelling skills then... (maybe that's why I keep on loosing against him!)  ;)

Don't worry about your World Cup Game too much as Dan reliably informs me that, after time travelling, he has seen that he is going to come 4th in it again.

Offline thodekey

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2017, 08:48:33 AM »

Haha, young man Steve,

Don't worry about your World Cup Game too much as Dan reliably informs me that, after time travelling, he has seen that he is going to come 4th in it again.

Hmmmm, last time i tried to win from him by claiming the blue meeple but that didn't work either so I might consider a rapid course "time travelling" myself... (I always thought those brits come one hour behind the belgians...not ahead of them)

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2017, 09:06:24 AM »
I´ve received mine today. Thank you for the Secret Santa gift.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2017, 09:25:10 AM »
I´ve received mine today. Thank you for the Secret Santa gift.

Woohoo! Does anyone else have anything to report?

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2017, 09:29:18 AM »
No!  >:( :-\ :'(
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2017, 10:35:46 AM »
No!  >:( :-\ :'(

Awhh Santa Will come, maybe by  :@
"What things can you find? Things that are hidden?
Do you know The WikiCarpedia?

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2017, 10:36:08 AM »
Nothing yet  :'(
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2017, 10:37:59 AM »
Nothing for me either

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Just lay the damn tile!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Secret Santa

Started by danisthirty

7 Replies
Last post October 24, 2014, 07:15:06 PM
by Scott
xx
Secret Santa 2018

Started by danisthirty

64 Replies
Last post January 14, 2019, 06:42:47 AM