Author Topic: Natural disasters - rule questions  (Read 8160 times)

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
Natural disasters - rule questions
« on: July 23, 2013, 04:36:44 PM »
One of my favourite CarcC-expansions is the Natural disasters by CKorfmann and Gwommy, but some rules are not quite clear for me, even after reading the discussions at the topic of the expansion here: http://carcassonnecentral.com/forum/index.php?topic=1045.0.
It would be great if either one of the authors or someone else here could help.

So, the rules say the following about what to do when the flood tile comes into play:
"...choose a river, spring or lake tile and remove that tile from the game while replacing it with the flood tile. Any features that touch the flood tile are considered uncompleted and can't be completed for the rest of the game.
On your next turn, the flood continues to spread. Before you draw a tile, take the large flood cut-out piece and place it so that it covers the 8 surrounding tiles around the flood tile. Now, even more features will not be able to be completed."

If you take a look at the attached image, you can see that in this game the flood cut-out piece covered an area without tiles, as well. Now what do you think: can a new tile be placed now "under the flood"? It may seem a strange idea, but it wouldn't be completely useless as this "flooded" tile could even connect two farms.
An other question: it's clear that the roads running to the flood cannot be completed for the rest of the game, but how many points are they worth at the end of the game? I mean: do the small parts that can be seen on the flooded tiles count, as well?
And what about already completed features (e.g. the city to the right of the flood)? Do they count at the final scoring of farms?

I have a question about the moving of the tornado, as well. The rules say that "starting with the player who placed the tornado tile, each player takes turn in a clockwise order moving the tornado 2 spaces orthogonally from its current position and may not be moved to the same tile twice per turn." In my interpretation this means that the tornado may move onto the same tile twice (or more), the only restriction is that it may not do this within the turn of a given player (i.e. with the second movement the player may not move the tornado back where it was before the first movement). Am I right? Or should the tornado rather move like the dragon, without crossing the same tile during its whole route?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=340.0

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
Re: Natural disasters - rule questions
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 06:42:37 PM »
I have some opinions on these questions but some of the original authors are still here on the site. I'd like to defer to them if they will come forward.  :)
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline Ratz65

• Marquis
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 03:07:22 PM »
can anyone help me?
I'm not quite clear, as for now the tokens are placed in the earthquake. The rule says "two tiles (orthogonally) or one tile diagonally."
Is this korreckt, or is meant "two tiles (orthogonally) and one tile diagonally? If the first is true, who determines if the  tokens are placed orthogonally or diagonally in the cities?
                                                 X                                                       X
     X   X                                     X                                                     XXX
       O              or                  XXOXX                                   and     XXOXX
     X   X                                     X                                                     XXX
                                                 X                                                       X
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 03:09:00 PM by Ratz65 »

Offline Ratz65

• Marquis
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 05:43:02 AM »
Can CKorfmann and Gwommy say something about it?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
Natural disaster volcanic eruption

Started by jacky1st2016

5 Replies
Last post May 11, 2021, 06:29:51 AM
by jacky1st2016
xx
New wooden meeples in white and natural finally available on Cundco!!

Started by DrMeeple

14 Replies
Last post December 06, 2019, 01:11:07 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
New old rule from HiG or 1st April joke

Started by Yashin-n

2 Replies
Last post April 04, 2016, 01:18:21 PM
by kettlefish
xx
watchtowers question/rule clarification...

Started by robnhill

4 Replies
Last post February 01, 2017, 11:55:17 PM
by GeorG
xx
Big box 2016 rule clearification - builder and message 7

Started by Mikki1211

6 Replies
Last post January 09, 2018, 01:25:18 AM
by Sinscerly