Author Topic: Mega-carcassonne at conventions  (Read 15789 times)

Offline Carcatronn

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Mega-carcassonne at conventions
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 05:28:40 PM »
A link to 100x100 tiles preview script. Might take a few seconds before the script is done drawing the board.
  This is just the quick version. Working on rotation and tile to tile matching each side.

http://sydby.com/carcassonne/10k/index.html

Wow Yellow, this is impressive! Could I have your permission to use this as a background image on the Shoppe site? If not that's alright, just it looks amazing  ;D
PM me for for a list of remaining items from the Carcassonne Shoppe.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 08:29:40 PM »
A link to 100x100 tiles preview script. Might take a few seconds before the script is done drawing the board.
  This is just the quick version. Working on rotation and tile to tile matching each side.

Wow Yellow, this is impressive! Could I have your permission to use this as a background image on the Shoppe site? If not that's alright, just it looks amazing  ;D

Most certainly. Go ahead. Just a little mention of me would be appreciated.  :@

And the JavaScript is simple:
1. 10000 in the script means 10000 tiles which you can lower or increase.
2. 99 in the script means 100 tiles per row (i.e. columns) which you can also lower or increase.

:meeple:
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 04:06:47 AM »

2. 99 in the script means 100 tiles per row (i.e. columns) which you can also lower or increase.

Script is coming along, but without the ability to rotate the tile, it looks just awkard.  ??? Gotta fix that asap.
http://sydby.com/carcassonne/10k/index_tileToTile.html

Offline Carcatronn

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 07:34:12 AM »

You got it! This will look good on the next site redesign  8)

Offline asparagus

• Count
  • Merit: 11
  • I am a meeple not a sheeple.
    • View Profile
    • Fan Expansion Wiki
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2014, 03:21:04 PM »
I am about half-way through reading the CAR including all its footnote glory. This has given me an idea for how the various starting rules could be combined. I realize there are many ways this could be done but this method appeals to me:

Setup
1. Lay aside the river fork tile, the basic starting tile and the windroses starting tile.
2. Shuffle together the normal river tiles, the volcano on river, the spring with road and the city upon lake.
3. Assemble the city of Carcassonne, the wheel of fortune and the school.
4. Shuffle together all the normal tiles apart from the six plague tiles into the bag.
5. Draw a stack of 20 plague-free tiles face down from the bag.
6. Shuffle the plague tiles into the bag.
7. Roll the flier's die to determine the starting player; rerolling to break ties as necessary.

Initial Play
1. The starting player places the river fork on the table and proceeds with the rest of his turn.
2. The starting with the player on the left, each player draws a tile from the river stack and has a normal turn with that tile. The river phase ends when all three ends are the river are closed and any remaining river tiles are laid aside. The player who plays the volcano upon the river gets an extra turn like a builder with a tile drawn from the plague-free stack.the
3. The next player plays the City of Carcassonne as a single large tile (with the area outside of the city available for followers).
4. The next player plays the wheel of Fortune as a single tile (with the area outside of the city available for followers).
5. The next player plays the school and basic starting tile as a single tile subject to the constraint that the player may not complete any of the school roads at this stage. All of the three tiles apart from the school are available for follower placement.
6. Then the windroses starting tile is played.
7. The plague-free tiles are played out by the players.
8. Finally the bag is played out.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Mega Carcassonne game

Started by JT Atomico

7 Replies
Last post October 02, 2014, 10:43:10 AM
by CKorfmann
clip
Mega-Carcassonne (simulated game for 6)

Started by Dragonlord

28 Replies
Last post September 18, 2017, 08:45:02 AM