Author Topic: Iranian version of Carcassonne (Kados or کادوس)  (Read 9027 times)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: Iranian version of Carcassonne (Kados or کادوس)
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2021, 12:50:39 AM »
It's wonderful to hear about gaming in Iran Mohsen. I agree that boardgames are a common language across cultures. It reminds me of a quote: “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.”

It's great to hear that so many of the same games are played in Iran too.  I imagine the import of such games are quite difficult. Is the production of games often done inside your country?

The pandemic has made it very hard for everyone to enjoy games. I hope you and your family stay safe.
 :)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2021, 01:24:14 AM »
hello every one ! this is Mohsen from Iran.
i'm a board game seller in Iran. recently some people from this forum asked me for sending 'Kadoos' and also 'Ghale roodkhan'.
unfortunately because of political reasons Iranian people are in hard sanctions from all over the world. so that's so difficult to send any product abroad from Iran. but after a hard research i found a safe way for shipping the product to the Europe and America.
the only matter is still transferring money. some of my friends from England and also France could transfer money by sending Bitcoin to me.
the price of 'Ghale roodkhan' is 35 EURO and 'Kadoos' is 25 EURO ( a worked one if i could find, because it had discontinued from 5 years ago )
after all i would really happy that i could help to all my friends who are Carcassone lovers from all over the world.
Mohsen Ansarifar
My email address is : mohsen.ansarifar1990@gmail.com
instagram ( buisiness account ) : herogame.ir

Hi Mohsen, and welcome to the forums! :)

It has been a great pleasure getting to know you through Instagram, and I really appreciate the efforts you have made on the behalf of your fellow Carcassonne fans around the world! :(y)

Thanks also for sharing your story about the situation in Iran and the role that boardgaming plays over there. I hope that somehow this will improve, and of course that you and your family stay safe during the pandemic.

Best wishes to you!

Offline mohsen.ansari

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 3
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2021, 03:53:06 AM »
It's wonderful to hear about gaming in Iran Mohsen. I agree that boardgames are a common language across cultures. It reminds me of a quote: “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.”

It's great to hear that so many of the same games are played in Iran too.  I imagine the import of such games are quite difficult. Is the production of games often done inside your country?

The pandemic has made it very hard for everyone to enjoy games. I hope you and your family stay safe.
 :)
what a nice idea about games and the efforts of them ! :(y) :(y) :(y)
you know most of the primary requirements, such as medicines are in sanctions . so the government forbidden importing the accessories that they think is not so Necessary.
but in the world of Communication, it doesn't work. so people import the games irregular and board game lovers could buy any games is new to all the worlds.
but it's so expensive for people. you know the regular salary for a simple worker is about 73 EURO for a month .
so the irregular import and also the rate of EURO again RIAL  makes board games a luxury hobbies for people.
although this matters board game lovers are expanding during recent years in Iran. so most of the games redesigning by changing the art and produced with lower price in Iran. such as Ticket to ride, Splendor, king domino, patchwork, wingspan and etc.

Offline mohsen.ansari

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2021, 03:59:19 AM »
hello every one ! this is Mohsen from Iran.
i'm a board game seller in Iran. recently some people from this forum asked me for sending 'Kadoos' and also 'Ghale roodkhan'.
unfortunately because of political reasons Iranian people are in hard sanctions from all over the world. so that's so difficult to send any product abroad from Iran. but after a hard research i found a safe way for shipping the product to the Europe and America.
the only matter is still transferring money. some of my friends from England and also France could transfer money by sending Bitcoin to me.
the price of 'Ghale roodkhan' is 35 EURO and 'Kadoos' is 25 EURO ( a worked one if i could find, because it had discontinued from 5 years ago )
after all i would really happy that i could help to all my friends who are Carcassone lovers from all over the world.
Mohsen Ansarifar
My email address is : mohsen.ansarifar1990@gmail.com
instagram ( buisiness account ) : herogame.ir

Hi Mohsen, and welcome to the forums! :)

It has been a great pleasure getting to know you through Instagram, and I really appreciate the efforts you have made on the behalf of your fellow Carcassonne fans around the world! :(y)

Thanks also for sharing your story about the situation in Iran and the role that boardgaming plays over there. I hope that somehow this will improve, and of course that you and your family stay safe during the pandemic.

Best wishes to you!
hello my lovely friend !
i hope your games will arrive to you very soon.
thank you my friend. i'm really happy to find new friends all over the glob who are addicted to board games like me .  ;D ;D ;D
i hope you and your family will  be safe during this damn virus pandemic.
good luck my friend  :red-meeple:

Offline totec55

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2021, 08:48:31 AM »
Hi mohsen.ansari!

It is great to meet other people from around the world that also enjoy board games as much as I do!

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2021, 09:07:00 AM »
Hi Mohsen,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us all here, and of course the work you're doing to help out us enthusiasts!
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline Linkarssonne (Linksux)

• Duke
  • Merit: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2021, 03:22:20 AM »
Hello!

Thanks to Mohsen, I am now a happy owner of the Iranians games : Kadoos and Ghale roodkhan !

Here some photos of Kadoos :

The box is a little glossy

Here the back of the tiles

The starter tile

The river :)

The tiles are bigger than the classic game

The Meeples, in 5 colors, they are in foams !!

In a couple of days I will take some photos of the other game
Let me know if someone want other details/photos

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2021, 03:44:15 AM »
Great job Linksux, thanks for sharing those awesome photos!

+1 merit for you :(y)

Offline Snearone

• Duke
  • Merit: 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2021, 03:44:53 AM »
Great post Linksux.
Little bit bummer that tiles are not the same size.
Are those foam meeples squishy or is it more like packing peanuts/popcorn?
Completed: Robber's Son | Gambler's Luck | Vistas Revisited | First Wells | The Flying Machines 2
WIP: The Occult Tower | Binding Deed | Wandering Preachers | City Gates Rebuilt | New King's Orders

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2021, 03:58:19 AM »
Hey Linksux!
You beat me to it  :D
I also received a copy of Kadoos and Ghale Roodkhan!
I've taken pictures as well, but basically showing the same as what you've already shared.

For Snearone, I can confirm the meeples are slightly squishy; not like packing peanuts.

Ghale Roodkhan is a sealed copy, so I'm still contemplating if I want to open it or not, but what stands out to me on the box is that it has an English description on the back, and also KjW's name!

Thank you Mohsen!

Offline Linkarssonne (Linksux)

• Duke
  • Merit: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2021, 04:03:26 AM »
Hey Linksux!
You beat me to it  :D
I also received a copy of Kadoos and Ghale Roodkhan!
I've taken pictures as well, but basically showing the same as what you've already shared.

For Snearone, I can confirm the meeples are slightly squishy; not like packing peanuts.

Ghale Roodkhan is a sealed copy, so I'm still contemplating if I want to open it or not, but what stands out to me on the box is that it has an English description on the back, and also KjW's name!

Thank you Mohsen!
Hehe for one I was fast !

Yes the Meeples are a little squishy, they have their own style it changes from the wooden Meeples :)

Willem I let you present Ghaleh Roodkhan ;)
Spolier alert : it’s wonderful !

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2021, 04:22:09 AM »
It's wonderful that Mohsen has been able to help so many people from the world's Carcassonne community!

A huge thank you to you, for going to so much trouble find a way to get this shipped safely!

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2021, 04:44:59 AM »
Definitely many many thanks to Mohsen!

And allow me to present Ghale Roodkhan!

The artwork is different from both Carcassonne and Kadoos, but in a very nice way:

Tiles are the same size as Kadoos.
The river:

Meeples are plastic, in a nice set of colours:

There's also a set of matching plastic cubes. Not sure what they are for, but the rules seem to have a page for them

I tried Google translate on it, which gives the below translation. It seems to be referencing names that are probably part of the product's lore. I'm still not sure what the cubes do
Sarodh Hai Khuni - General, Dada's decision in Shokokk, comprehensive در cube of Dor Rang (Hamarang Ba Adamk Halh Hai * Andamanin laws linked to cold and geosphere table, here is Hamچnan with the power of Khodshan in the rest of the hystend. Where is Dr.  Dadin's move and decision was mentioned, the location of Barry Nayel is mentioned, as a cube, as well as benefiting him as if his words were directed in a strong manner.  The consideration of Shamari Kalaha is a decision that I flew with the most - kah with it, the privilege of the Shamara with its bazaar and its dog Haiykha Ba Kali Hamrang Shama works hard by the bashnad, similar to the mashmarshmari in its bazaar Mebashd means the rhubar bazar with its word Haiy ka Kali ش I see it.  A dewar with a dewar, surrounded by a shod, completing a shod), a drift strip, a distinction in the shape of its sword, and an  Dadden spice, miy tuanam jai chrome dadden yakız adamakha burroi bakhsh hai different, nab  to her .  Kalaay Kah Beshm, Ruwi Yakiz and Bazar, with a decision made by Dada. Aid Ra Gusharyan in Anakar, without a separator Sharabard Drift. The privilege of Taley Kah is like the Iban. It is said that the decision of Dasht is the shape of his room, and any decision has been made by Babel, as is a dewar, with a dewar.  This is the privilege of irrigation, Khud Bazar, and its complete drift. It is similar to the privilege of Shamari Bazar. It is a complementary desire. It is the end of the city, and the consideration of Shamari Hai is its bazaar in Labah. It is complementary. We want it to be considered as a darry, and it is a decision to remember.  Knim after her visit, he benefited from his shrine, as long as he took advantage of the bazzy korden bazikan crimson after the flight of Dadden Babel, diagnosed with a distress like a khud ra with his radish, and (۴) the privilege of Drift Maykend.

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2021, 05:58:54 AM »
Hmmm... Seems Google had the language confused, and by scanning the pages bit by bit, it's making more sense.
The cubes are placed instead of meeples, and seem to be specific for the houses on the roads/fields (not in the cities).

I'm gonna work on it later today, and will see if anything else interesting is in the rule books  ;D ;D

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2021, 06:24:09 AM »
I've been going through the rulebook for Ghale Roodkhan, and initially, the rules follow the base game rules for Carcassonne.

There are Roads, Castles and Markets (bazaars).
They work as we're used to, with the only thing to point out being that the roads don't have visual ends to them at intersections, but these do act as such.
So a road is finished once it has 2 intersections on either side.

Scoring works the same as usual, with the usual points per tile.
Farms also works as per current Carcassonne rules, with 3 points per completed city in the farm.

The Cubes are an expansion similar to the Abbott!
You can place them on a Market/Bazaar, or on a tile with a little Red House (unless that house is inside a Castle), instead of a Meeple.
You get 9 points once it is surrounded by 8 other tiles, but you can also score it earlier.
Instead of placing a meeple, you can decide to score your Cube (which is a Product Cube according to Google), which will get 1 point for the tile it's on, plus 1 point per tile surrounding it.

Kadoos works the same, but doesn't have the Cube expansion, so works as standard Carcassonne.

The 2 games have different size tiles though, so can't be combined.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Solo version of Carcassonne (without meeples)

Started by BBG

2 Replies
Last post June 15, 2023, 01:29:36 AM
by BBG
xx
The most aggressive version of Carcassonne

Started by DIN0

17 Replies
Last post April 24, 2020, 02:47:09 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
A complete (?) Carcassonne version history

Started by Decar

10 Replies
Last post January 17, 2022, 06:34:27 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
New digital version of Carcassonne coming to Android & Steam

Started by DaFees

14 Replies
Last post June 20, 2017, 11:14:49 PM
by Rich_The_Fish
xx
Are the tiles in Carcassonne für 2 same size as normal travel version?

Started by Vesselvessel

3 Replies
Last post May 16, 2019, 07:59:21 AM
by DrMeeple