Author Topic: Escape: Curse of the Temple  (Read 1961 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Escape: Curse of the Temple
« on: March 19, 2015, 06:49:58 AM »
A small group of my colleagues and I have started having a weekly game at work which we try to fit into a lunchtime. We have played about 6 games so far and it’s been great getting to play a variety of different types of game as my wife and I rarely play anything other than Carcassonne at home.

My favourite game so far has been Escape: Curse of the Temple. It’s quite unique as far as I’m aware as it’s a co-operative game but there’s no turn taking and each player plays individually with 5 dice. The game is basically just rolling your dice over and over again and there’s a 10-minute audio track which kind of narrates the game and tells you what you need to do when. There’s also this wonderful mechanic where dice can become cursed if you roll a black mask. Cursed dice can’t be rolled again until they’ve been uncursed by rolling a golden mask on another dice or if another player in the same room rolls one for you!

Overall, the two games we played were very atmospheric and exciting, and I’ve just ordered a copy for myself even though it costs around £30 from Amazon.

Anyway, I just wanted to ask if anyone else here has ever played this and if so, what they thought of it?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1626.0

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Curse of Carcassonne for 2

Started by Maj. Frost

4 Replies
Last post March 02, 2018, 11:33:05 PM
by Maj. Frost
xx
Luckiest Escape!

Started by wallaceprime

0 Replies
Last post June 20, 2022, 06:58:43 AM