Author Topic: 2015 World Cup - Group B  (Read 14387 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
2015 World Cup - Group B
« on: September 01, 2015, 03:56:42 AM »
Welcome to the group stage of the 2015 World Cup of Carcassonne Central! This thread is primarily for members of Group B to arrange matches between themselves and post scores, screenshots and the obligatory smack-talk as the group progresses. The top 2 players from this group once everyone in the group has played all 4 of their matches will advance through to the knockout stage.

Here is a list of the group members (including location):

If you haven’t read them already, please ensure that you are familiar with the tournament rules/ general information (you should also receive this via email). You may also find the JCloisterZone FAQ interesting/ useful if you have any unanswered questions about how JCloisterZone works (or you can just email me).

Good luck, and have fun!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2037.0
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 04:56:25 AM by danisthirty »

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 World Cup - Group B
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 08:43:46 AM »
MrNumbers and Merlin_89 in the same group. Ouch!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 08:52:22 AM »
MrNumbers and Merlin_89 in the same group. Ouch!

Yes indeed. I'm relying on ticket sales for this match to boost the prize fund... O0

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 01:48:52 PM »
Due to an apparent "bug" with the way River 1 is implemented within JCloisterZone, please avoid using this expansion in your game. At this stage of the competition we will now be using Inns & Cathedrals and King & Robber Baron only.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 02:55:35 PM »
So, well, here is the screen shot of the infamous bugged game. I feel very uneasy about it :-[, but like I said before, I did understood the rule bug, when MrNumbers mentioned it to me, I just did not considered it as critical, because the tiles are drawn randomly, anyway, and the so called "bonus turn" was not a really one, because I could not do anything on the lake tile. But if MrNumbers would have suggested to quit the game, right after he mentioned the bug, I sure would have agreed to do so.

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 09:19:55 PM »
Don't feel too bad about it. In my game vs. Paul we also had a bug (not River-related) that ultimately led Paul to victory. Those things happen...

Offline Merlin_89

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 03:06:54 AM »
Can't wait for the games to start. I'm available to play pretty much every day after 5pm (UTC+1). I've already sent PM with invites. I'll be waiting on irc channel. Hopefully we could finish our group quickly, it's always sort of achievement (and there's prize for it! :D).

I have lots of games waiting for me in line (Round 2 of Welcome Tournament just started!), but it's good! I need practice before my Polish Championships (September 26th).

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 03:32:56 AM by Merlin_89 »

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 03:41:39 AM »
I'm not sure I fully understand this so-called bug.

Is it that JCZ automatically plays the final River Tile, as neither player?

Does it occur in every game?

If so everyone is playing under the same conditions.

How long has this been implemented like this in JCZ?  It appears to be implemented this way deliberately, rather than being a bug.

Dan has suggested to everyone to play test games to become familiar with JCZ and no one has mentioned this as an issue.

I think that any disputes or 'bugs' should be declared when they arise; a player cannot dispute the outcome after the game has finished (unless the issue occurs on the last turn).  JCZ allows you to save a game before continuing.  If an error does arise the game should be paused, resolved and either restarted or resumed. 

Given the River occurs in the first 12 tiles of a game with InC & KnB, I'm not sure how the game could have continued for another 90 turns before it was an issue.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 03:52:20 AM »
Also Big Box 5 Rules state the following:

The river source is placed in the middle of the table and the river mouth is set to the side.

The other River tiles are shuffled and placed in a facedown pile. The players take turns drawing River tiles and connecting them to the growing river.
Once all River tiles have been drawn and placed, the river mouth is placed to complete the river.

I do not think the behaviour described is a bug, the last tile should be automatically laid.

The Android implementation performs the same behaviour as JCZ.

Please consider re-instating The River into the tournament.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 04:43:56 AM »
Thanks for your posts Decar. I agree with this.

I think it is too late for this now...

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 11:52:45 AM »
Thanks for your posts Decar. I agree with this.

I think it is too late for this now...

How about making it optional? Let the two players decide whether they use River I in their current game or not. If either player is against it, then they won't include it.
I think this might be an acceptable compromise.

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2015, 01:54:49 AM »
I do not think the behaviour described is a bug, the last tile should be automatically laid.

The Android implementation performs the same behaviour as JCZ.

Android implementation and JCZ software are not official ones. Official software from Koch Media uses correct rules for the lake, i.e. player can place a lake as a simple tile and place a farmer on it (if the farm isn't already taken, of course).
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline CarcinFool

• Vassal
  • Merit: 2
  • I enjoy a good game o' Carc!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2015, 04:36:49 AM »
Wow, fascinating! Given this tourney is my first time playing with JCZ, I've never encountered the interpretation that the Lake tile is placed automatically. The iOS version allows the player whose turn it is to place the Lake (and FWIW I understand the developers of that app worked closely with HIG on the fine points of the rules).

I always thought the wording of the rules simply referred to the order in which the river tiles must be placed, not that one of them would be placed automatically as a special non-player turn.

I find nothing in the CAR 7.4 that would indicate this either. Is this a common rule others play with outside of JCZ? RII rules do allow the player who placed the Lake/Volcano tile to immediately take another turn (which is sort of like a computer program laying the Lake automatically), but that seems to be allowed because they can't play a follower since the dragon must be placed there.

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2015, 12:39:18 PM »
MrNumbers vs. Merlin_89

Offline Merlin_89

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2015, 01:12:37 PM »
Thanks MrNumbers, it was good game!

To summarize it... First 30 tiles was toe to toe, and pretty much without big scoring. We locked our meeples in joint cities and it was hard to score it. Things started to get my way when I blocked one of his meeple, he blocked his second one on field (which eventually got him 9 points). At that point I could tell that MrNumbers put his money on cathedral in big city, if it had paid of he would have won whole game. But it wasn't the point, last 20 tile he was out of meeples and I started to score freely. Game ended with low ponts on both side... seriously 129 can be easilly scored with only base game.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
2015 World Cup - Group D

Started by danisthirty

40 Replies
Last post October 04, 2015, 10:16:36 AM
by danisthirty
xx
2015 World Cup - Group G

Started by danisthirty

52 Replies
Last post September 08, 2015, 10:35:31 PM