Author Topic: Abbey & Mayor League  (Read 12917 times)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
Re: Abbey & Mayor League
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2015, 05:29:55 AM »
If you are the sysadmin (hello, brother! ;) ), you must be familiar with "port forwarding" thing. All you need is to setup you router to forward the port used by JCZ (default is 37447) to you PC, where you will be hosting games. This, although, requires that your Internet connection has real IP address (not behind NAT).
For now you can read CAR (Complete Annotated Rules) to get familiar with this particular expansion, and then play some games with AI. Also there are always some people in the chat room (especially in evenings), who are ready for some friendly game.
Looking forward for our match soon!
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2015, 05:30:58 AM »
Welcome berchio! It's good to have you here with us  :) :(y)

It's always good to know someone else is capable of hosting games. That will be very handy!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 05:33:37 AM »
For now you can read CAR (Complete Annotated Rules) to get familiar with this particular expansion, and then play some games with AI. Also there are always some people in the chat room (especially in evenings), who are ready for some friendly game.
Looking forward for our match soon!

This is almost exactly the same advice as I gave berchio via email. Great minds think alike!  8)

Offline rfielder

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • Carcassonne Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Cool Country Nights
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2015, 05:52:57 AM »
- danisthirty  :(y)
- MrNumbers  :(y)
- Leven  :(y)
- Decar  :(y)
- rfielder  :(y)
As of yesterday, I was able to have someone log into my system and be ready to play Carcassonne.

My system is not running at the moment.  I would prefer to be there if anyone uses it for a game, at least for the first game or two, to know that it is working OK.

Also, given the issues with monwil's game yesterday, I am a bit concerned that the internet to Europe may introduce issues.  Not sure if the protocols in JCZ need to be more robust, or if this is an issue with my systems, but monwil's link to Dan's PC froze at one point. 

Plus, she was getting contant error messages from JCZ that the connection was lost - even though the game continued.
Robert Fielder
Brampton, Ontario, Canada  EST

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2015, 08:26:50 AM »
Well, that was probably just the NSA, interrupting the data stream for storing purpose. >:D

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2015, 08:33:33 AM »
Also, given the issues with monwil's game yesterday, I am a bit concerned that the internet to Europe may introduce issues.  Not sure if the protocols in JCZ need to be more robust, or if this is an issue with my systems, but monwil's link to Dan's PC froze at one point. 

Plus, she was getting contant error messages from JCZ that the connection was lost - even though the game continued.

I hosted a game for kettlefish and Paul yesterday too (both in Europe) and their game crashed and had to be saved/ loaded too. The game I hosted for Hounk and Chooselife worked fine though as I remember so I don't think it's necessarily to do with data getting lost somewhere over/ under the Atlantic.

I can't comment on the integrity of the protocols that JCZ uses over long distances, but I'd guess it doesn't take much to lose a few packets somewhere along the way and this can lead to problems. Fortunately they've been relatively few so far.

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Merit: 12
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2015, 03:43:36 AM »
Oh Poooh!!!  :(

Princess and Dragon I would suck at (dunno rules), but I have played a few games with Abbey and Mayor rules, so them I should know a little bit better!! :)

Damn.. I go away for a while, and miss a league I could enter..   :( Ah well.. My own fault.. :)

Good luck to all players!!! :)  :(y)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2015, 03:51:41 AM »
Oh Poooh!!!  :(

Princess and Dragon I would suck at (dunno rules), but I have played a few games with Abbey and Mayor rules, so them I should know a little bit better!! :)

Damn.. I go away for a while, and miss a league I could enter..   :( Ah well.. My own fault.. :)

Good luck to all players!!! :)  :(y)

Sorry about that. When I messaged you it was intended to be Princess & Dragon but then it switched because there were doubts about how stable that expansion is.

If you wanted to get some friendly games in you can still visit the chat room and there should be someone to play most evenings. At least that way you wouldn't be missing out completely! :)

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2015, 08:16:37 AM »
Elo ratings: Just a quick update* after approx. 1/3 of the competition (20 games played out of 63)

:meeple: The Rising Stars  :meeple:

jma03      +54
ny1050220  +34
zone2      +30
Chooselife +28
Leven      +20

On a slippery slope...  C:-)

Jéré      -21
Aenima    -30
Dan       -36
Berchio   -41
Hounk     -43

*variation of 20 points or more
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 08:39:58 AM by Jéré »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2015, 04:11:37 AM »
On a slippery slope...  C:-)

Dan       -36

I believe "fallen off a cliff" is a better analogy for how this tournament is going for me!  :o

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2015, 06:51:27 AM »
So can we start the Group D1 matches yet??  getting all fired up!
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2015, 07:18:43 AM »
So can we start the Group D1 matches yet??  getting all fired up!

Alright alright, hold your horses!

Let’s wait until the other two groups have finished first Mr. IwonmygroupandcantwaittogetstuckintoeveryoneelsetoseeifIgettotakeatrophyhomewithmeattheendofitall...  :@

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2015, 07:54:12 AM »
Ha ha ha -  I just can't believe that I have somehow managed it and now I am not sure how long my luck will hold out. 

I will happily wait - and now I will keep an eye on the other groups too.  Until I finished I deliberately didn't look at who i might have to face in the group D stage so as not to get too intimidated and lose focus.  I take this extremely seriously. 

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2015, 08:00:50 AM »
Ha ha ha -  I just can't believe that I have somehow managed it and now I am not sure how long my luck will hold out. 

I know that feeling well, particularly from some little tournament in Birmingham that a few of us took part in at the end of May. In my case, my luck didn't hold out for very long...  :'(

I will happily wait - and now I will keep an eye on the other groups too.  Until I finished I deliberately didn't look at who i might have to face in the group D stage so as not to get too intimidated and lose focus.  I take this extremely seriously.

Excellent. I think there are going to be some great clashes in the final groups, especially in yours where there's everything to play for!  :(y)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2015, 01:07:16 PM »
Hello all.

As most of us know, Groups B and C have now finished which is great news!  :(y) However, Group A is experiencing a couple of difficulties caused partly by berchio dropping out (I think - he hasn't responded to any PMs/ emails and hasn't been online here for over 3 weeks) but also by a problem that has arisen with the MrNumbers vs. Carcking game (I won't go into details). Whilst rfielder and Carcking can be given technical wins against berchio without playing him, the solution to the other problem is a little less clear, but what is clear is that everyone else has been hanging on for long enough now and it's time to move on...

So, I've created the final groups thread for groups D1 - D7 but have only listed 2 players in each group for the time being. Obviously when Group A catches up and our last game(s) is/ are played, our final ranking will be formally established and Group A players will be added to the corresponding "D" group. In the meantime though, there's no reason why similarly ranked players from the other two groups shouldn't play each other so please schedule your matches and make them happen!  C:-)

Good luck all!  :) :(y)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Abbey & Mayor League - Group C

Started by danisthirty

105 Replies
Last post June 17, 2015, 01:51:33 PM
by kettlefish
xx
Abbey & Mayor League - Group A

Started by danisthirty

76 Replies
Last post June 23, 2015, 03:26:27 AM