Author Topic: tile differences between old and new BCB  (Read 14321 times)

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
tile differences between old and new BCB
« on: December 04, 2017, 06:01:44 AM »
like the title, there are 2 important difference between old and new edition:
1- the FRFR with bazar and lake from the old one is remplaced by a FFFR with a bazar and a lake (so we have 2 of these tiles)
2 - the FCFR from the old one is remplaced by a FRFR with a bazar (so we have 2 of these tiles)

total tiles with bazar for old edition =8
total tiles with bazar for new edition =9

...why?  :o

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3668.0

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
Re: tile differences between old and new BCB
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 06:14:51 AM »
Did they improve the rules at least? 

Under the old rules, I would prefer fewer bazaars.   :(n)

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 06:22:54 AM »
...mmmmhh no, it's all the same

Offline Xanderx12

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 1
  • Meh
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 06:29:25 AM »
Looks like more content to update to the CAR! ::)

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 06:42:44 AM »

where is JustaBill?!? He is never here when you searh him!  ;D

Offline ny1050220

• Marquis
  • Merit: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 07:04:25 AM »
Why...
That cfrf tile is so useful!

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 07:10:13 AM »
What will be prior for contest like the worldcup? This will make thing even harder to decide...
Ohhh today we play with the new tiles, but tomorrow I want a bazar fewer >:D
"What things can you find? Things that are hidden?
Do you know The WikiCarpedia?

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 10:34:09 AM »
where is JustaBill?!? He is never here when you searh him!  ;D

Oh he is here, he just isn't usually working on what you want him to be working on. ???

I have to say this is a frustrating change, and it would really burn my backside something fierce if I had converted to a new-art playset. Art issues are one thing, but eliminating interesting tile combinations seems potentially worse, actually.

For what it's worth (which is nothing, really), looking at your side-by-side comparison image brought into focus for me that what I most dislike about the new artwork is the cities. Most of the other elements are pretty good (although the grass always seems "blurry" to me), but somehow those cities are just wrong, and so incongruent with the classic cities (and with each other, thanks to the later rebrowning). I think I've realized that I could probably bring myself to mix in small amounts of the new tiles such as the C-II labyrinth and even the Japanese buildings (which Dan was kind enough to offer this year), but I don't see how I would ever want the new cities spreading their blue-topped, poop-bottomed wrongness all over my maps.
My stuff: The Caverns of Carcassonne | Wheel of Fortune versions | True North (wind roses) | Icon facelifts | Converting CII to CI | Signposts & the Château | The Vault | Riverboats & the Whirlpool | trade list

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 11:09:28 AM »
The artwork change for the bazaar itself is very interesting.  You can tell Anne imagines a bazaar to be a really interesting place like a modern carnival or fair.  Doris has 3 stalls which appear to all be selling fruits and vegetables.  There aren't many customers and the whole thing is rather depressing, which is how I imagine medieval bazaars actually were.  I will say that Anne's bazaar is a lot closer to the scale of the other features though.

Offline mPony

• Vassal
  • Merit: 3
  • Greetings from Canada!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 03:14:48 PM »
blue-topped, poop-bottomed wrongness

Gee Bill, from your words it almost seems like you prefer the older art style. :)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 03:35:22 AM »
How Bazaar!

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 05:49:51 AM »
How Bazaar!

Bazaar indeed. (You don't know the Halfling of it!)

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
Faulty tile distribution in Expansion 8 - Bridges, Castles & Bazaars
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2018, 05:52:00 PM »
I searched and couldn't find any posts on this topic; apologies if I just missed it.

While checking Cundco's spare-parts list, I noticed that the tile distribution for Expansion 8 in C-II has tile changes vs. C-I. The new edition apparently has 9 bazaars instead of 8, is missing the "wizard's hat" city tile, and has duplicates of three different tiles instead of just one, for a total of only 9 different tile configurations instead of 11. Since the missing tiles do not exist in a C-II form, I'll have to use the C-I versions to show what I'm talking about:

Both of these are gameplay changes. Although the first one is a bit subtle (a road segment is lost in addition to the reduction in visual variety), the loss of the relatively unique city segment is more disappointing.

At first I had assumed this was an intentional gameplay revision, but then I noticed the following footnote in the PDF tile list:  Achtung: Die Anzahl der Basare auf den Plättchen stimmt nicht mit der im Regelwerk a ngegebenen überein! Das kommt durch die fehlerhaften Plättchen.

Translation:  Attention: The number of bazaars on the tiles does not match the one given in the rules! That comes due to the faulty tiles.

The fact that they used the word fehlerhaften (flawed, defective, faulty, erroneous, corrupted, incorrect) implies that this was a product configuration error. Can anyone confirm whether that's true, and whether the configuration has been and/or might be revised in later printings?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 07:52:58 AM by Just a Bill »

Offline Christianmocking

• Duke
  • Merit: 8
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Faulty tile distribution in Expansion 8 - Bridges, Castles & Bazaars
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2018, 11:17:08 PM »
I searched and couldn't find any posts on this topic; apologies if I just missed it.

While checking Cundco's spare-parts list, I noticed that the tile distribution for Expansion 8 in C-II has tile changes vs. C-I. The new edition apparently has 9 bazaars instead of 8, is missing the "wizard's hat" city tile, and has duplicates of three different tiles instead of just one, for a total of only 9 different tile configurations instead of 11. Since the missing tiles do not exist in a C-II form, I'll have to use the C-I versions to show what I'm talking about:

Both of these are gameplay changes. Although the first one is a bit subtle (a road segment is lost in addition to the reduction in visual variety), the loss of the relatively unique city segment is more disappointing.

At first I had assumed this was an intentional gameplay revision, but then I noticed the following footnote in the PDF tile list:  Achtung: Die Anzahl der Basare auf den Plättchen stimmt nicht mit der im Regelwerk a ngegebenen überein! Das kommt durch die fehlerhaften Plättchen.

Translation:  Attention: The number of bazaars on the tiles does not match the one given in the rules! That comes due to the faulty tiles.

The fact that they used the word fehlerhaften (flawed, defective, faulty, erroneous, corrupted, incorrect) implies that this was a product configuration error. Can anyone confirm whether that's true, and whether the configuration has been and/or might be revised in later printings?

That is a good found. Well done. Did not see this earlier. It is a pitty that a roadtile is added, instead of that citytile!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 05:04:41 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Link fixed »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Differences in style between C2 and C3

Started by BBG

3 Replies
Last post October 31, 2023, 06:17:46 AM
by Snearone
xx
differences in old art base box

Started by aenima

3 Replies
Last post September 19, 2017, 07:17:12 AM
by aenima
xx
Differences "1 tile city"

Started by quevy

10 Replies
Last post October 20, 2015, 02:15:31 PM
by Decar
xx
CC II - Carcassonne New Edition - Differences in Rules

Started by kettlefish

27 Replies
Last post May 17, 2018, 11:16:16 AM
by Just a Bill
xx
The Festivals' differences (cundco.de and jubilee)

Started by Caciej

6 Replies
Last post June 30, 2017, 12:55:28 PM
by Mikeagan