Author Topic: Mega Carcassonne  (Read 9816 times)

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
Re: Mega Carcassonne
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2016, 10:17:59 AM »
I played a couple of games with every expansion I owned about 4 or 5 years ago.  I wouldn't say my collection has doubled since then, but I've certainly added several new expansions.  That was about 350-400 tiles and took about 5 hours with 5 players.  We weren't playing very quickly.

If I were in your shoes, I don't think I would include more than one base game.  You might consider adding in a complete Wheel of Fortune set if you are inclined to multiply them.  I usually pull out the 19 wheel specific tiles and add to my other base game when using it.  If I were to play in this game, I'd rather play with lots of different expansions. 

I would highly recommend downloading the latest CAR (the Complete Annotated Ruleset) that is put out by Obervet on this site.  It is a fantastic resource.  I would have it available to reference during the game and would probably also print out some helpful tools like an order of operations guide and such.  When you do combine several expansions, it's easy to get lost. 

If you do end up with more than six people that would like to play, one method that was suggested here a long time ago was to have two players (sitting opposite each other at the table) take turns simultaneously.  For example, in an 8-player game, player 1 and player 5 would go at the same time.  I would suggest keeping track of the actually first player, essentially having a primary and secondary player each turn, to decide who wins if both players want to place their tiles in the same spot.  This method seems like it would make playing with a higher number of players much more plausible.

I hope this is helpful.  Please give us a session report on the other side.  Good luck!  :yellow-meeple:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 10:25:33 AM by CKorfmann »
Flee the fleas.

Offline hexanauta

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • Hello world!
    • View Profile
    • Hexanauta
Re: Mega Carcassonne
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2016, 04:12:34 AM »
I played a couple of games with every expansion I owned about 4 or 5 years ago.  I wouldn't say my collection has doubled since then, but I've certainly added several new expansions.  That was about 350-400 tiles and took about 5 hours with 5 players.  We weren't playing very quickly.

If I were in your shoes, I don't think I would include more than one base game.  You might consider adding in a complete Wheel of Fortune set if you are inclined to multiply them.  I usually pull out the 19 wheel specific tiles and add to my other base game when using it.  If I were to play in this game, I'd rather play with lots of different expansions. 

I would highly recommend downloading the latest CAR (the Complete Annotated Ruleset) that is put out by Obervet on this site.  It is a fantastic resource.  I would have it available to reference during the game and would probably also print out some helpful tools like an order of operations guide and such.  When you do combine several expansions, it's easy to get lost. 

If you do end up with more than six people that would like to play, one method that was suggested here a long time ago was to have two players (sitting opposite each other at the table) take turns simultaneously.  For example, in an 8-player game, player 1 and player 5 would go at the same time.  I would suggest keeping track of the actually first player, essentially having a primary and secondary player each turn, to decide who wins if both players want to place their tiles in the same spot.  This method seems like it would make playing with a higher number of players much more plausible.

I hope this is helpful.  Please give us a session report on the other side.  Good luck!  :yellow-meeple:

Thanks for your input, it's really helpful. The idea of two players taking turns at the same time is great, that would save some time for sure.

Thanks for your help my friend, it is really appreciated.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
First game of (kinda) Mega Carcassonne

Started by carca82

18 Replies
Last post October 10, 2022, 09:30:37 AM
by kothmann
xx
Mega Carcassonne 2016

Started by JT Atomico

8 Replies
Last post February 22, 2016, 12:06:57 PM